ATOC...Can we take the wait?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
If your anything like me you can't wait until ATOC comes out.

This may seem like a dumb question, but I was wondering....Who here plans on seeing ATOC during the first day?...first week?...first month?....whenever?

If you don't plan on seeing ATOC you found the wrong forums wink

bigsef2
i will see it at 12:01am May 16th, 2002.

Julie
I don't know if I'm that committed, but I think that's a wonderful idea.

I haven't missed a day of school in about 5 years....I think May 16th 2002 would be a jolly good day to play hooky smile

bigsef2
Thats what i did for EPI. all my teachers knew i wasnt going to be in class, so i skipped school all to wait in line. i even left my car running with the TPM soundtrack playing really loud. everybody in line was psyched. so i was there, 1 minute after midnight. and i will be again this year.

Julie
Wow...that sounds awesome. I don't know if I can do it though. Like I said I haven't missed school in years...I don't think i can do it Cap'n I don't have the will power.....or do I????

I am considering making an exception for Episode II....who needs school anyway?...(JK)

bigsef2
unless you have school at midnight, you dont have to miss anything!

Ushgarak
I'm probably not going to catch the VERY first showing, but on thre first day almost certainly.

Of course, we're not sure what effect the time difference will havw on relative Eueo/US watching times.

ToMacco
I'm gonna go to George Lucas's house two weeks before release and watch it with him.

Julie
I know there's no school at midnight, but I'd probably be useless in school if I saw the movie that morning. I couldn't trust myself to concentrate when I'm so excited about having seen SW AOTC.

Ush, I don't know how it's working either but I heard somewhere that the movie was coming out on different days in Europe and the US so that it would be the same time...

.....Reeeeeallly Tomacco, well I guess you'd have the rest of us normal fans beat to the punch huh?

ToMacco
Julie, my friend. If you havn't missed school in years, you not gonna die if you take a day off.

My advice to you would be to buy a 12 pack, grab your sleeping bag, and get in line the 15th. I'm sure you won't regret it. smile

Julie
Thanks for the advice....I am seriously considering it.

AOTC will be well worth it I'm sure.

ToMacco
When Menace came out, my mom got tickets. I sort of tricked her, I told her there was no way she could get them for opening day. So she did. big grin

Anyway, it was the midnight screening. It came out right around final time at my school in Wisconsin. I actually had a final that day, and another one the next morning. It is a two hour drive from my school to the theator we went to, and I was SICK AS A DOG!!!!!

But I took that final, took a nap, and drove out and got into line. It was showing on about 3 screens, so the line wrapped around the theator. It was CRAZY. Everyone was decked out in Star Wars gear. There were nerds speculation everthing Star Wars.

My mom and I sort of just sat back and watched, and laughed. One guy was going through the line offering money for tickets. He got to us, and offered us $250 dollars for me and my mother's tickets. I refused. I'm no sell-out, dammit.

I've become long winded. Go to Episode II, Julie. School will be there when you get back.

Julie
Wow...neat trick. Maybe I should try it smile

May I ask...how did you do on your final?....

Just think...it's all part of the experience....So were you all decked out in SW gear. Personally I don't even own any wearable costumes sad

I'm proud of you for not selling out wink

ToMacco
I got an A one final, and the next day I got a B+.

No, I didn't dress up. I was there with my mother. We were laughing at how into it people were. It was cool to be a part of it though.

When the logos came up in the beginning, the threator went NUTS!!!! Cheering, clapping, yelling. It was fun. smile

Julie
Good job!!!!!

Wow I don't know if I could pull that off, but fortunately I think I'll only have to take 1 final....and that'll be in early June.

No confliction w/ AOTC....yeah!

ToMacco
Take your finals early, for christ sake! Do I have to think of everything? roll eyes (sarcastic) mad

yerssot
no, you can't think remember!

Julie
In my school if you have an ave of 96 you don't have to take the mid-term / final. My English teacher threw out that rule so I have to take the mid-term, but I might get out of the Eng final b/ c I'll have already taken the A. P. exam.

So, what I was trying to say was that there should be no school conflicts with AOTC....I'll have to miss a day though....which I'm just torn up over.

yerssot
If the VP is such a VIP, wouldn't it be better if the VC in the QT because when it leaks to the VC we can end up in the MAE and we would all be put on MA

Julie
Huh confused ....dude, spell things out for us will ya....way too many abreviations....my mind's already overloaded as it is wink

Ushgarak
I THINK that was the point, Julie... a joke that Monty Pythion did better, though.

yerssot
sure thing, Monty Python did everything better...
and btw: it's a quote from Goodmorning Vietnam

Julie
i don't get the jokes because I never saw Monty Python or Goodmorning Vietnam...I've been meaning to see Monty though.

I watched a clip of it and it looks very funny.

Ushgarak
Yup. More than 30 years on and in a country with a different culture, and STILL funny. Python genius, see?

In any case, yerssot was 'amsuingly' using lots of abbreviations just to befuddle you.

yerssot
I'm 'amsuingly' ? eek! Is that deadly?

Ushgarak
Can be. I'd go to the Doctors.

yerssot
hmm, he's not at home...
What should I do??

Julie
Try counting sheep big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.