Obi-wan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
Let's talk about how effective Ben's character was from the OT to the PT. I think it really ties the trillogies together.

yerssot
ok

sand person no. 10
i think ewan mcgregor does a good job, with the beard he even looks like Alec McGuiness although the ob1 in ot seems more humbler than in pt, he must have learnt his lesson.

yerssot
it was neccasary that he had a beard

Ushgarak
I really don't think he was THAT 'unhumble' in TPM; I mean, he was no penitent and he took on too much with Anakin but he is hardly an arrogant *******. He DID apoloigse to Qui-GOn after all.

yerssot
and then QGJ died, very reassuring!

King Jedi
The Obi-Wan in TPM is very different to the one in the OT. Can you imagine the OT Kenobi saying "What's this?" or being arrogant towards Chewie?

Ushgarak
Well, obviously he is wiser by ANH.

King Jedi
And less arogant.

yerssot
but he still looses fights big grin

Julie
Ah but did he really lose or forfit his life for some greater good????

Ushgarak
That fight was a deadlock, not a loss.

And I still think people take his TPM comments FAR too seriously.

Julie
I agree....it would have been quite a long battle .... they could have gone at it for hours...i think

yerssot
sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

and then he goes and spoil'n all by saying something stupid like "Bad movie"

jedi212guy
Hopefully OB1 will show a slightly more compassionate side in AOTC...

yerssot
perhaps... but I think that Anakin will take a great role in the movie

ToMacco
Only to have his ass kicked later by Obi-wan evil face

yerssot
let us hope that it has nothing to do with luck then!

ToMacco
And we should all know that Obi-wan was not defeated by Vader, he chose to lose, and sacraficed himself for the good of the group.

yerssot
but the powers of the old man had absolutly nothing to do with it

Ushgarak
Sorry?

sand person no. 10
i think the whole point of portraying ob1 in tpm was too show the change he must have undergone by the time we get to anh, all though the arrogance is still their it is toned down and it is more about knowing what will happen, perhaps jedi only reach their potential when they are about to die, that could certainly be said of Yoda, ob1 and even vader, they knew they had reached their potential and it was time for then to die.

Julie
In TPM, Obi-wan is still a brash "kid" in many ways....in AOTC he's the one in charge so he had to grow up.

Potential is the ability to do something....having great potential when you die does absolutely nothing for you.

yerssot
I responded to To's remark that he died by free will so the others could flee...

as an attempt to be funny, I quoted Vader with
"Your powers are weak old man"
Never mind...
you had to see ANH to get that anyway

Julie
big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.