Memento

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ok so i finally got to see this movie( i actually never really wanted to but my friends and i voted and memento won) and so we watched it and i was really pleasantly surprised....it was a really great movie, in fact one of the best i've ever seen...so very good

The One Himself
It is not easy to watch memento but it is a great movie

not easy? how do you mean?

The One Himself
the story line is a bit complex...

i thought it was pretty easy to understand

Kes
Indeed. Really enjoyed the movie. The story is very well dome, so is the editing.

mook
yeah its always good to see an original film, i really enjoyed it.

apparently on the DVD you can watch it in (chronological) order

johnny_rotten
Yes you can do this..but it ruins everything about the film.

dystopia
It's a great film with a one-of-a-kind narrative structure. Did anyone notice the quick flash of the lead character sitting on the chair in the hospital? That was clever.

Traydemark03
That movie is awesome. So is the ending...or is it the beginning?

Thomas Anderson
You wait until the end of the speical features polaroids, then press play (or enter or select or wahtever) when there's no title of the special feature there. But as johnny rotten said, it takes you out of the movie. Good to get your head round it though.

Anyway, Memento is in my top 5. Which is difficult, as I'm so picky.

thorC
indeed! i like it too. i have read it as a book befores but i've not finished it yet. then i sew it as a movie. WOW. it's great. it is one of the great Drama movie. the story line is awesome. i think is'not difficult to get the movie. but for sure this one is not for Entertaining.

mook
yeah it probably would, but if youve seen it properly a few times i think it might be worth doing (?)

Kaleanae
Great and twisted movies messed

trilight
When I saw this film at the movies all I knew about it was the title. I had no idea what to expect and I was very impressed. It's a great film.

I have the DVD but I didn't know about the chronological order version. I'll have to watch it now.

Myth
Is this on the regular version or just special edition?

The Redeemer
MEMENTO works fine the way it was ment to be seen...a jigsaw puzzle where all the bits fall into place at the end.

RZA
Originally posted by Myth
Is this on the regular version or just special edition?

I know this is a pretty old reply but it's on the US 2 Disk LE Edition, on the second disk you can watch the movie in chronological order by answering the proper sequence of questions. There's also additional alternate ending commentaries on Disk 1.

It's a cool looking DVD but it's by far the hardest DVD that I've ever had to navigate but I guess that adds to the fun http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/erm.gif

Wolfie
Great movie, one of my favorites. The concept, the editing, Guy Pierce's acting, the dialogue, love it all.

Mr Parker
I saw memento for the first time a couple of months ago because I am a big Chris Nolan fan -I loved both Batman Begins and Insomnia,but I didnt care for this movie.

InigoMontoya
I think to watch it chronologically kind of takes the fun out of it.

RZA
Did anyone notice how ripped Guy Pierce was for this movie? I thought I was watching Brad Pitt there for a minute.

K.Diddy
beer Seen this last night,Honestly didn't think it was that great,It was a clever movie and put together very well,but I found my mind wandering during the movie,although by the films climax I definitely appreciated it more. 7.5/10 This may not be a completely fair rating as it came off too me as a movie you might appreciate more on a second or third viewing,but I only rented it and dont plan on buying it,so a second viewing will probably not happen.

hearthacker

Mr Parker
you sure bright back and old dead thread K Diddy.on the subject of the movie,it was okay,nothing great,nothing horrible.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by RZA
Did anyone notice how ripped Guy Pierce was for this movie? I thought I was watching Brad Pitt there for a minute.

Well Pierce was one of the earliest runners-up for the Bruce Wayne/Batman role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.