Metal Gear Solid Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Traydemark03
I heard there's one in the works...Is it true?

I think Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn/Strider) is perfect for the part of Snake...

Dogbert
yea, he might be good

My name is Neo9
man, just imagine how awesome this would be in a movie. a metal gear movie would be soooo kick-ass! i hope dat decide 2 make dis movie soon...itz just gonna be freakin' awesome...but i sometimes wonder who is actually cool enough to play solid snake? Harrison Ford wen he was younger would be awesome...but now...mebbe not...

wicker_man
I was thinking exactly the same thing and i managed to come up with an entire cast with the exception of Solid Snake.

My name is Neo9
who did u cast?

wicker_man
Metal Gear Solid : Tactical Espionage Action

Solid Snake : TBD (To Be Determined)
Meryl Silverburgh : Charlie Thezron {Deception & The Italian Job}
Roy Campbell : Harve Presnell {Saving Private Ryan}
Mei Ling : Newcomer (?)
Naomi Hunter : Amy Acker {TV's Angel}
Otacon : Micheal Shanks {TV's Stargate SG:1}
DARPA Chief Donald Anderson : Danny Glover {Lethal Weapon Series}
President of Arms Tech, Kenneth Baker : Albert Finney {Erin Brockovich}
Jim Houseman, Minister of the Department of Defense : Rutger Hauer {Blade Runner}
Natasha Romanenko : Carey Lowell {Licence To Kill}
Master Miller :Robert Patrick {Terminator 2 : Judgement Day}
Ninja : Ray Park {X-Men}
Revolver Ocelot : Sam Neill {Jurassic Park 1 & 3}
Psycho Mantis : Newcomer
Sniper Wolf : Uma Thurman {Kill Bill}
Vulcan Raven : Brock Lesnar {TV's WWE)
Liquid Snake : Gerald Butler {Dracula 2001}
Decoy Octopus : Steve Buscemi {Con Air}
Big Boss : Sir Anthony Hopkins {The Mask of Zorro}

My name is Neo9
wonderful!
i agree wit most of it...but i dont think dat sam neill would be a great ocelot...hes not evil enough...other den dat, i agree with u...o nd uma thurman for sniper wolf...i love that : D...nice castings

LanceWindu
If you casted Liquid, then that actor should play Solid as well!

They are twins.

wicker_man
I thought that but on viewing the character pitcures there are some elemence iof variation and besides im not a big fan of dual roles (unless for comedic purposes such as Mike Myers in the Austin Powers franchise & Lisa Kudrow in Friends etc)

venomfan
psycho mantis:Luke goss(nomak:blade 2)
Snake:hugh jackman
suggestions

FLICKNAVY
Charlie Sheen kinda looks like Snake I think, but I can't see him playing that kind of role lol

My name is Neo9
i thought of that too, but hugh jackman has a lil aussie accent, unlike snake...

xeous
Tom Cruise as Snake. Yeah, MI knockoff I know...I know...Sorry...

_X_frost_X_
tom cruise or stephen dorph

FLICKNAVY
What about Splinter Cell, who should play Sam Fischer? I'd say Jason Statham(guy from the transporter/snatch)

glenn
I think Kurt Russell should play snake. As for the other cast members, nice one wicker man.

My name is Neo9
kurt russell has already played a character called snake in escape from new york, la (inspiration for metal gear) before...it wouldn't be that great of an idea...but i c what u mean, i thought of that before too...it just wouldn't work...

My name is Neo9
would michelle yeoh be a good mei-ling?

wicker_man
Although she is a very good actress (not to mention martial artist) shes pretty old to assume the role of Mei Ling, we need someone a bit younger.

My name is Neo9
good point wicker man...mmm...mebbe kristin kreuk? haha jp jp...hey how about zhang ziyi?

SaTsuJiN
so far you guys rock at casting for mgs lol...

I think keiffer sutherland would make a better revolver ocelot though.

Zhang Ziyi would definately be a better mei ling.. mei ling has very childish round face

My name is Neo9
paul walker as snake? he sorta looks like him...

Melkor_TheEnemy
Michael Shanks and Otacon is perfect casting, since he does so well being Daniel Jackson.

Brock Lesnar is an interesting choice, big guy and since The Rock and Triple H are both in the movie business, why not another WWE Champion

glenn
Who would be good to cast as Raven and the ninja (Gray Fox)

wicker_man
Actually before composing the original Metal Gear Solid cast i was working on the Sons of Liberty cast and i actually had Smallville's Kristin Kreuk cast as Rose.

glenn
Who would play the colnel

wicker_man
I'll put up the entire list in a moment.

glenn
OK

My name is Neo9
yea, ur rite...kristin kreuk DOES kind of look like rose...hmmm...could u post ur mgs2 cast list plz? thx

glenn
Yeah anytime now.

Striel
I was going to mention the whole "Escape From New York" thing, but someone already beat me to it. smile

Hegemon875
In the movie escape from LA he did play a character named SNAKE PLISKIN.

EDIT:I just read the post above, DO'H

sith_darth_jay
i don't think that a movie with the same story as MGS should be make, i mean, i don't want Hollywood screwing one of the best story ever made for a video game, the same characters should be use, but not the exact way.

besides, the game focus on snake, and how he's send to a kamikaze mission, what makes it a good story is the fact that everyone betrays you, and you have no idea about it, i don't know how they can do that into a movie.

ok, there's the "truth about shadow moses" file in MGS2 SoL, which is written in a very cinematic way, and it is focus on two characters, instead of one, which will make it great story, if they use that to turn the MGS story into a movie, it'll be ok.

but there's also the script writter's cockiness and how they change the story the way they please, so i prefer it not turn into a movie

about MGS2: that's even worse...Kristin Kreuk looks like Rose, but the the whole story is about Raiden, you can have a movie about one character the whole time, the colonel doesn't even exist, and rose shows up the end, so... it would make a terrible movie

if a movie is to be made, i hope it's one with a different story (same characters) or something like Resident Evil, that movie stuck to the original story, but with differnt characters, but turns out great, it felt like the game. Or maybe they could use the files in MGS2 like i said before

darkesthorror
I don't know, I think this movie could work. What would really be nice, is if Hideo would direct, there's no way it could go wrong then or atleast like with most cases when a video game is made into a movie the game makers usually assist anyways. Yes, I always thought about the fact that John Carpenters film Escape from New York and Escape from LAs
character was of the same name. Even more interesting is when John Carpenter was asked which of his movies if he could would he make into a video game(I think it was on G4 at an expo and they were talking about the game The Thing and he was there.) and he replied that he would like to make a game about Snake Plissken. And just so happens that game is actually being made, I don't know if Carpenter is directly involved.

glenn
If there is going to be a movie made, how would the codec calls be made?????

shanimovies
cool
I'm in. Watch this face!

glenn
Watch what face

My name is Neo9
maybe through a head/ear piece or something, maybe a small little screen, who knows...or maybe they could show a smaller dialogue box, with them talking...i dunno...they would really have to **** up that whole thang around...its all up to the producers...

glenn
yeah. I guess so. If they decide to make it.

My name is Neo9
i wanna c like a series for solid snake made...

glenn
A series rock

Aku
IF ANY FILM DIRECTORS MAKERS WHATEVR READ THIS FORUM PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE MAKE A FILM OF METAL GEAR SOLID.

Not the crappy PS2 metal gear solid 2 im talking about the original playstation version with liquid snake. Its by far the best ever storyline ever and its a computer game? so why doesnt some dude like jerry bruckhimdijncksdjbckjdcner make metal gear solid.

And if a moderator moves this thread i am going to kill myself. Well actually ill probably go down stairs and eat some cake.

Mighty Yoda
it would be a good film

Aku
WHAT THE HELL? I WORTE THIS THREAD LIKE 2 DAYS AGO AND NO ONE REPLIED AND NOW EVERYONES REPLYIED TO THIS ONE?

DO I STINK? DO I HAVE Fleas? GOD WHY?

But metal gear wood rock totally

Kes
*Sigh* You're thread was merged with an older thread. Thats why it has all of those replies.

Aku
cheer up Kes. Lets say we go for a drink, ive got a bottle of 'Jacobs Creek' left over from yesturday.

matchbox_dan
i think a better choose for vulcan raven would be Christopher Judge. He is massive and has worked with that kind of weapon that raven has before (See picture below). Plus if any one has ever seen any of the stargate boxsets you will know that he has the best laugh in the world ever.

And there has to be a role in the film for Richard Dean Anderson to add some humor to it: Possibly as Master Miller, for some comic relief.

Also great choose in Amy Acker (what a hottie)

Rogue Jedi
viggo mortenson? no way.

<<Solo>>
Yeah I don't want no panzy to play Solid Snake!

Kes
You cant put Richard and Christopher together in a movie. Ppl with be thrown back to SG-1.

matchbox_dan
i would settle for just one been in the film

Traydemark03
How about...Ralph Fiennes...the guy who played the tooth fairy in red dragon...he seems alright...The director of the game said he based Snake's appearance on Christopher walkin. I don't see it but Ralph Fiennes has a lot of contrasting features...and has that dark, mysterious kind of thing going on.

<<Solo>>
To bring this thread back to life, Depp would be the perfect role for Solid Snake. Make him grow a beard.

McBane
We have to remember that in MGS snake is actually a middleaged man with two more games behind him (plus loads of nintendo spin offs that wernt very good) The story was that snake had been brought out of retirement. You can download the original metal gears off of the net as i have.
For some reason i had Christopher Walken in my mind for the role of Ocelot but i cant make my mind up if thats a good idea or not. Hes got the acting skills and with a bit of make up...? i dunno...help.
Whatever it will be i do not want it to be made by just any old person. No more mistakes like Tomb Raider please?
gaz

Aku
OMG he so would aswell. Although he would have to be painted green. I think that dude who played Wolverine in X-Men would be a good choice coz hes got the whole "im a badass" feel to him, and have the voice over from David Hayter.

McBane
How is David Hayter doing these days?
Maybe he would do well? He did alrite as the Guyver.
Did you know he was the screenwriter behinds films such as the X-men 1 & 2 and the hulk, and some others i think.
Gaz

McBane
I was recently trying to figure out in my head who would be right for the ninja. But i couldnt decide so i decided to look at Wickermans cast list and saw what he put.
I totally agree with ray park for the role. I couldnt have thought of a better person to do it myself.
We all know Ray Park has the athletic ability through his role as Darth Maul in SW Ep.I
He would be able to bring the skills of the ninja to life.
And he's British!
Gaz

movieluver
i love metal gear solid! the first game was my favorite game ever! and snake needs to be played by a hot actor thats not familiar, that way pople wouldnt expect too much out of him and if he does a great job, hell be the new thing! but like as much as i love johnnyy , theres a reason he turned down keanu reeves role in speed, and another action movie, i think brad pitt ended up playing! but like, seriosly I cant wait for snakeeater, the third installment of the games, im a big fan, i hope if they do make it, itll be completely awesome! ohhh who should be the girl, i forget her name, but i loved her! maybe milla, nah nah nah, i actually dont know, has to be someone with very interesting features, though!

Stealth Agent
the movie is really delicate it can bee F-ed up in about 10 different ways but only made a good movie in 1 way. I hope this doesnt sink through its ass like resident evil and tomb raider. I dont know about actors but in metal gear 1 snake looked relatively young compared to his metal gear 2 look. I dont know if that was cuz of shotty graphics.

movieluver
playing snake eater, graphics are awesome! i suggest u all to go and get it if u already have not!

McBane
is it out yet?
cool pic stealth agent.
gaz

Aku
Yeh i noticed that but I thought it might have just been someone with the same name or something. But still who would be good for liquid? I was thinking maybe Colin Farrell if you think about it, or maybe Ewan Mcgregor would be good. Speaking of Chris Judge, don't you think the guy who plays Jack O' Neil in SG1 would be good for snake.

McBane
I suppose Gary Oldman would have done alrite if he was younger.
or hugh Grant lol hahaha. He's got the accent but i dont think so, or maybe he could do well if given that type of part?...Something to think about
Gaz

Aku
Hugh Grant? WTF!

movieluver
hahhaha omg imagine! no we need someone tall dark and handsome

McBane
actually i dont know why i put that!
any suggestions from any of you?
Gaz

Aku
How about Sniper Wolf? Some chick whos really good looking yet damn evil. We really need someone like Catherine Zeta Jones but with blonde hair and a french accent.

McBane
Daryl hannah could play that part well with an accent.
Gaz

Aku
Speaking of metal gear. I completed it last night. I almost cryed it was so good. "I couldn't save her, IM NOTHING, NOTHING!!!!!!"

Aku
Snake? Respond! Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

MERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYLLLLL!!!!!

Traydemark03
Ralph Fiennes, the guy from red dragon, would look good as snake.

OBI-WaN Shinobi
Ralph Fiennes is not going to be Snake he dosen't look anything like him

y_monkee
does any1 realise that MGS was an tactical esponiage game and ur meant to avoid action .... i thnk every1 has this grand plan of a giant action blockbuster in mind but if they were to stay true to the game, it would just be a guy sneaking around most of the time ... (not to mention talking to himself when on his codec)

miahera
hope they never introduce the Raiden ("Rye Den" not "Ray Den" big grin )character in the series.

movieluver
thats soo true "y monkee" i didnt even realize that, he would have to be sneaking around most of the time. however i can ont say it enough, but um, if they do make a mgs movie, it better be based on the first game. i loved everything about the first game, the story and the characters, especially the whole ppsycho mantis thing and Merly, ya gotta have meryl or else it wont be any good! it seriously would e a good movie if they actually make it right and really base it from the game!

Aku
That is crap! Both of you have never played the game. Are bond films not action films? hes supposed to be a secret spy dude and if you say otherwise your wrong because the original book was about a sneaking spy. Besides just because it is a sneaking game you still have to face the bosses which is action packed plus killing guards is considered action to me. So both of you probably havent played the game just looked at the case.

McBane
exactly how can it not be an action film when snake would have to face the massive bugger of robot such as metal gear rex! it can still be action with stealth such as a mentioned james bond. As for the ninja... the ninja without action is like wheetos without milk!
Cool animation of the little ***** obi wan shinobi.

Aku
Amen brother!

Havoc470
i think tom cruise would be the perfect snake, he'd play the character perfectly

movieluver
tom cruise, r u kidding me?

Red Superfly
The only good thing about Tom Cruise playing the part would be that he could just WALK through the vents and not have to crawl.

And Metal Gear was never a book. It started you as a simple sneaking game on the MSX console.

The movie should start with THAT plotline. Snake vs Big Boss. A Metal Gear SOLID movie would be like a second sequel or something.

Unless they wanted to do the whole Star Wars idea and kick it off at like Episode 3: Metal Gear Solid like the Originals did. My only wish is that if they do the prequels, not to make them crap.

Aku

Aku
Hhahahaha that one about Tom Cruise.

Well if you actually READ!!! my post I said that James Bond was originally a book. Besides who said tom cruise would be a good choice? He suits being the part of snake as bloody Cameron Dias playing the part of fatman.

miahera
yes Ian Fleming's work.

movieluver
hahha thats funny, yah no tom cruise! im a thinking maybe christian bale who happens to b e the new batman, or ....actually thats all i can think of now

Naked Snake
im thinkin hugh jackman for snake. I mean look at how well he did with wolverine. I think he would be perfect for the role

rolandbishop
I've been thinking about making a screenplay for an MGS movie. I think a no name director should direct it, considering the fact, that most directors haven't played the game, with Hideo as the co-director. Plus you would want someone thats respects the game, and all of its aspects.

CAST
Solid Snake: Eric Bana, James Purefoy, Hugh Jackman, David Hayter
Donald Anderson: Morgan Freeman
Kenneth Baker: Gene Hackman
Colonel: Martin Sheen
Jim Houseman: Clint Eastwood ( maybe.. not reallly )
Mei Ling: Zhang Ziyi

and more to come.......

The most important aspect of Solid Snake, is his voice. and his rugged look. If he doesn't have the same voice in the movie, then its pointless. And it couldn't be based off exactly from the game, because then we would all get bored, because we know the outcome of the movie. So that means a new script.

Most importantly, crew wise, the director must know the game, and stay true to it. Be AFRAID if Paul WS Anderson gets ahold of it.
stick out tongue
Point is, stick to David Hayter as NUMBER 1 CHOICE. New SCRIPT, FRESH DIRECTOR.

McBane
david hayter must be getting on a bit now though. i have never seen what he looks like at present but i remember him in a film ages ago called the guyver and he was pretty good in that.
Anyone seen the film 'the Guyver' its an americanised version of a japanese manga animation.
Gaz

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, Mark Hamill's fall from grace after "Star Wars", acting wise. laughing

Bluberman!
Originally posted by FLICKNAVY
Charlie Sheen kinda looks like Snake I think, but I can't see him playing that kind of role lol
yah,i think scary movie 3 disqualified him for that
oh, and mel gibson from lethal weapon would be a good'n for the part as well,if Snake were crazier, and the person who plays master miller, THAT should be the same as liquid's,because, in the game,y'know...the guy from Powder for psycho mantis.

Matt_Leonhart
dudes and dudettes: it's not happening! i've held onto this idea since 1998! they are not makin' a Metal Gear movie.why? because anyone in the movie business is too stupid to realize that it would be a smash hit!

and most of you are wrong. Snake should be played by Hugh Jackman or Viggo Mortenson. they're both perfect for the role.

Matt_Leonhart
and tom cruise would ruin the role. how dare you all insult snake in such a manner?!

b-dan
just get eh guy who did his voice or make it computer aimated i hope its on msg3

mr.smiley
Snake:Hugh Jackman/Thomas Jane
Meril:tba
Revolver:The guy from dead wood.
Sniper wolf:Mila Jonovich
Liquid:tba

Who knows

b-dan
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Snake:Hugh Jackman/Thomas Jane
Meril:tba
Revolver:The guy from dead wood.
Sniper wolf:Mila Jonovich
Liquid:tba

Who knows its jovovich

Smegger56
Why is everyone wanting a Metal Gear Solid movie first. Surely you should have the original Metal Gear games first. Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, then do Metal Gear Solid. It only makes sense that we get all the origin stuff done first. With Big Boss as the bad guy, and Grey Fox snakes ally, turned enemy. Then, do the Playstation Metal Gear's.

Smegger56
And to do that, we need an actor who is around 23-25 to play Snake. As the first Metal Gear is set in 1995, and the Les enfante terribles project was done in 1972.

Smegger56
So again folks, this is the order it should be done in.

Metal Gear (original Outher Heaven)
Metal Gear 2: Solid snake (Zanzibar Land)
Metal Gear Solid
MGS sons of liberty
MGS snake Eater

Possibly do the first two as one movie.

mr.smiley
well in all honesty I don't even think we need a Metal Gear movie.Hell the where good enough and no movie could have as much depth.

Smegger56
I agree. But if a movie does get made, and it'll be with Hideo Kojima looking over them, then they should start with the original MSX games. Then do the PS games.

b-dan
Originally posted by Smegger56
I agree. But if a movie does get made, and it'll be with Hideo Kojima looking over them, then they should start with the original MSX games. Then do the PS games. msg3 is br the orignal

Smegger56
Originally posted by b-dan
msg3 is br the orignal

Fair enough. But the story of MGS has followed Solid Snake, so Metal Gear (MSX) for me is the original, and so the films should start there. Then metal gear 2 (MSX), MGS, MGS2 and MGS3.

Think peeps. Why miss out on the chance to see Snake as a rookie, and Big Boss as his commander, turn enemy. And of course, seeing the 'original' Outer Heaven.

snake_eyes616
Im a huge MGS fan(as you can tell by my handle). I played each one until ive etched little "!"'s and little "?"'s in my eyeballs. But I play other games too, namely Hitman, now I think it would be uber cool to have something like Hitman:Contracts where snake is on his death bed and he is telling his life story to the new generation (Raiden anyone?) A compileation of all the games in real life? I'd go see that. big grin

grey fox
bump

Clown18
If a metal gear movie were to be made i think it should be CG animated instead of having actuall actors play as liquid and snake. to me it wouldnt work out because who ever plays snake has to look like liquid and no one else is better than David Hayter as snake. I dont know for me it wouldnt be the same if it was with hugh jackman or who ever. Take a poll CG or actuall people.

Smegger56
A cg film would be cool. But i would prefer it with Live actors. they don;t need an other actor to play Big Boss, Liquid or Solidus... the Solid Sake actor can play them all.

But yeah, David Hayter is Snake, no question, but he won't play them, which would be a shame. I could see him writing them, maybe with Hideo Kojima... now that would be cool.

BUT.... the musn't do metal gear solid first. They have to do a Metal Gear film, with Metal Gear: solid snake as the sequel first... THEN metal gear solid.

snake_eyes616
Now I know he (Dave Hayter) does the voice of Snake for the games but is that the same David Hayter who played in Guyver: Dark Hero? They recently showed that movie on FX I think and I dont remember it being that good. sad

Smegger56
A cg film would be cool. But i would prefer it with Live actors. they don;t need an other actor to play Big Boss, Liquid or Solidus... the Solid Sake actor can play them all.

But yeah, David Hayter is Snake, no question, but he won't play them, which would be a shame. I could see him writing them, maybe with Hideo Kojima... now that would be cool.

BUT.... the musn't do metal gear solid first. They have to do a Metal Gear film, with Metal Gear: solid snake as the sequel first... THEN metal gear solid.

David Hayter: Voice of Solid Snake, Sean Barker in Guyver Dark hero and writer of Xmen 1 and 2. He's also the EA sports 'it's in the game' voice.

So yes, it's the same David Hayter smile

The Fear
Hugh Jackman would be a good Snake, but then I also think Kiefer Sutherland would be good if he changed his hair colour to brown.

Smegger56
Originally posted by The Fear
Hugh Jackman would be a good Snake, but then I also think Kiefer Sutherland would be good if he changed his hair colour to brown.

Both ths gys would be geat as Solid Sanke, no dought. But, you can't have them play Sanke as you have, nor can you start a Metal Gear film franchise with Metal Gear Solid, as it's really the third game in the series.

Here are the games in order:
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear (Top) is the film where we see Solid Snake as a 23 year old rookie, taking on his first assignment. Thats the one that should be first turned in to a film.

b-dan
ill be happy only if oralndo bloom is liquid so then i can mke fun of him

Stealth Agent
are there any confirmed actors yet?

ashman69erdude
Well i hear alot of duff actors being mentioned for the solid snake part. I know whos being cast and its no pretty. its the guy from the hulk who trys to drill eric banner for dna, josh something. my personal choice to play both solid and liquid has to be sean bean. just look at national tresure. and hes an actor with good qualitys. HE CAN ACT.

deepthroat
I can see Hugh Jackman playing Solid Snake.

Solid_Snake_MGS
A Good person to play Big Boss in a MGS movie would be Sean Connery, Big Boss' character was based on him.

JimDark
Guys,
why do we like MGS?
Because it's all that we don't see on movies...
The cool plot, the atmposhere, the camera angles
and last but don't least for the really good characters!
I guess the best should be if they deside to make a MGS 3D
animated movie!!!
As we all know the game graphics are really good an with a
little impovement they gonna be good enough even for a movie...
What I'm saying right here is that a movie with real actors could
ruin the MGS movie.
We've seen that before in other game oriented movies...
What do you say???

DanielSnakedan

The Brit
i think that solid snake should be hugh jackman coz he is snakes sort of style . and if u have played Metal Gear Solid:The Twin Snakes you'll find out liquid sounds british so i think sean bean would be a good liquid snake

snake_eyes616
damn, everyone loves Hugh Jackman. erm

Mandorallen
I think david hayter should still dubb the voice.

but this movie would make a killing

snake_eyes616
sup Mandorallen!hi2

Mandorallen
hey hows it going, nice sig ;-)

snake_eyes616
lol, likewise.

lordofwar
My List-

Solid Snake-Eric Bana
Liquid Snake-Sean Bean or Val Kilmer
Donald Anderson-Morgan Freeman
Kenneth Baker-Gene Hackman
Roy Cambell-Martin Sheen
Jim Houseman-Clint Eastwood
Johnny Sasaki-Steve Buscemi
Pycho Mantis-Marlyn Manson
McDonald Miller-Robert Patrick
Mei Ling-Marie Matiko
Meryl Silverbough-Jessica Biel
Naomi Hunter-Nicole Kidman
Natasha Romanenko-Isabella Scorupco
Cyborg Ninja/Grey Fox-Jet Li
Revolver Ocelot- Kris Kristofferson or Nick Nolte
Decoy Octopus-Chistopher Walken
Hal Emmerich-Jeff Goldbum
Vulcan Raven-Vin Diesel
Sniper Wolf-Famke Janseen
John Woo-Director

snake_eyes616
s**t load of money just to get those guys^

Mandorallen
Originally posted by lordofwar
My List-

Solid Snake-Eric Bana
Liquid Snake-Sean Bean or Val Kilmer
Donald Anderson-Morgan Freeman
Kenneth Baker-Gene Hackman
Roy Cambell-Martin Sheen
Jim Houseman-Clint Eastwood
Johnny Sasaki-Steve Buscemi
Pycho Mantis-Marlyn Manson
McDonald Miller-Robert Patrick
Mei Ling-Marie Matiko
Meryl Silverbough-Jessica Biel
Naomi Hunter-Nicole Kidman
Natasha Romanenko-Isabella Scorupco
Cyborg Ninja/Grey Fox-Jet Li
Revolver Ocelot- Kris Kristofferson or Nick Nolte
Decoy Octopus-Chistopher Walken
Hal Emmerich-Jeff Goldbum
Vulcan Raven-Vin Diesel
Sniper Wolf-Famke Janseen
John Woo-Director

OMG, that would be one HUGE celeb. fest, It would blow something awful.

btw, this is sci fi's 7000th POST WHOO!

general-pain
So again folks, this is the order it should be done in.

Metal Gear (original Outher Heaven)
Metal Gear 2: Solid snake (Zanzibar Land)
Metal Gear Solid
MGS sons of liberty
MGS snake Eater

Possibly do the first two as one movie.

The thing is you're going by the order the games came out in. Story line wise, Snake Eater is really the first one, because it really is a set up for all the other games. Plus it marks the first use of a "Metal Gear" and has the first apperance of Ocelot.

snake_eyes616
Yeah, Story is more important than release dates. but it could go the other way and still work IMO.

Hey!!! While you guys work on figuring out who should play the various characters in the videogame, I'll be working the actual movie itself. Yes, thats right...I'm currently writing the script and I'm telling you all right NOW, its going to blow you ALL away.

But as for suggestions on who should play Snake, here's my list: (TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK)
1.) Jean Claude Van Damme
2.) "Jake" from TV show "LOST"
3.)Edward Burns
4.)Scott Speedman from movie "Underworld" ??
5.)Ryan Phillippe from "Cruel Intentions"
6.)Tom Welling from TV show "Smallville"
(TO BE CONTINUED...)
7.)

snake_eyes616
Originally posted by [email protected]
Hey!!! While you guys work on figuring out who should play the various characters in the videogame, I'll be working the actual movie itself. Yes, thats right...I'm currently writing the script and I'm telling you all right NOW, its going to blow you ALL away.

I smell BS, and it doesnt smell good.

general-pain
Probably a joke.

b-dan
i think ian mcdriamid would be a good big boss and for liquid maby brad pitt

snake_eyes616
Brad Pitt sux.

crimsonphoenix
Famke Janseen as sniper wolf... no i dont think so. She is not busty for that part. I think viggo would make a good solid snake.

snake_eyes616
I dont want a mainstream actor to be solid/liquid/naked/solidus(lol, thats a mouth full)snake. I want someone I havent heard of before who has the talent because this will shoot him straight to stardom. If not, someone like Hugh Jackman or Viggo Mortensen will just shake off a bad performance since they already have so much money. I want someone to really strive for this part. Plus if he plays the MGS games, that is a big plus in my book.

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Traydemark03
I heard there's one in the works...Is it true?

I think Viggo Mortenson (Aragorn/Strider) is perfect for the part of Snake...

I heard of a Metal Gear movie in production, but I think it's supposed to be based off the older Metal Gear games on the old nintendo systems. because there were old Metal Gear games. but it didn't have "solid" at the end. Just a thought. Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite games, by the way. but I think that some of them are already like a movie, so I don't understand how you could turn some of them into a movie

I've read through all of the threads posted about the future MGS movie...who should play who and whether or not it should be Cg or LIVE actors...or which game they should start with first....ALL GREEAT STUFF I must say. But when this movie is made by 'yours truly', there will be ABSOLUTELY NO DUBBING! Sorry guys, if Mr. David Hayter can't act the part as Snake, he won't and SHOULDN'T play the role in a movie, especially a movie that we ALL want to see succeed at the box office and be GREAT as a final product. I agree with some of you that say the main role of Solid Snake should be a newcomer, but at the same time, I would like to have an well accomplished actor in there. The compromise I've realized is that the same thing done with "batman Begins" should be done with the MGS movie....an accomplished B or rising C level actor should get the nod just like Christian Bale did. And I would surround him with great actors in the likes of which some of you have already named... Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman, Martin Sheen, Kristin Kreuk, Zhang Ziyi, Jessica Biel, Mila Johovich, Angelina Jolie, Uma Thurman, Marlyn Mason, Brock Lesner, etc. etc. Yes, I would like for whomever the person who plays each character from the videogame to have some physical similiarities., but if not, thats what makeup is mad for. One thing for sure, the movie must be LIVE ACTION!!! **Unveiling a secret**
Between you and I, to keep everyone happy, I would write flashback scenes in the movie script and have the flashbacks be CG/PS3 mode. Giving you as the long time fan the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.** Just imagine watching this live action movie and then seeing it switch to straight videogame/CG mode on you...it kinda be like playing the videogame and seeing it switch to movie mode on you at home. I say YES to a series but I would start with a brand new script after MGS2:sons of liberty being that MGS3:snake eater IS really the first game in story. Then my story would go back to Metal Gear and go in order every movie would have a brand new script based on the games. If IT AIN'T BROKE THEN DONT TRY TO FIX IT.

snake_eyes616
Then give us some kind of proof that you are who you say you are.

Susan-Storm
What a game what a game.Boy would i love a movie of the Second 1 Metal Gear Solid 2 Which was the best out of the Three PS Games.

Divive_Serenity
u noe wat........reading too much fanfics have made me get the very very WRONG idea of metal gear even though i've played it so many times...........

i think of Metal Gear such as follows (no offense)

1. Snake's a partially-smart dumbass
2. Colonel Roy Campbell's also a dumbass
3. Vulcan Raven a fatso
4. Liquid Snake is an arrogant, good-for-nothing guy who speaks in British accent
5. Sniper Wolf likes dogs and wolves????
6. Ocelot's an idiot

ok now.......better split before i get my ass pwned.......

i really meant no offense, ya?????

El_NINO
Tom cruise for Solid Snake. If you watch Minority Report, he sorta looks like hes wearing Snakes suit in MGS.

Silverstein
Originally posted by El_NINO
Tom cruise for Solid Snake. If you watch Minority Report, he sorta looks like hes wearing Snakes suit in MGS.

solid snake isnt 5 foot 3, plus cruise is a member of the f.a.g. for what he did on oprah show, and he'll overshadow the cool, character otherwise known as Solid Snake

metalpuma
Snake has a very deep voice tho... the voice is what makes him THE Solid Snake

GO MGS!!!!

Lady_Wonka
Originally posted by El_NINO
No i think johnny depp!

Manic Lucifer
Sorry for bumping this thread up but i had a few ideas on who could play solid snake:

1.Ryan Reynolds (Blade Trinity) i think he could do well as the badass charactor and if he kept the beard from Trinity he kinda suits the charactor.

2.Hugh Jackman (Xmen) Has the look to be Snake.

3.Paul Walker (FastFurois) This was recomended by my cousin who plays the games alot lord knows why he chose Walker!

Exorphitus
Ok, here's my cast list for this movie if ever it was made.

Metal Gear Solid : The Movie - Dream Cast

Kurt Russel -Solid Snake
Sean Bean - Liquid Snake
Robert Patrick - Grey Fox/Cyber Ninja
Hugo Weaving - Revolver Ocelot/Shalashaska
Ralph Fiennes - Psycho Mantis
The Rock - Vulcan Raven
Angelina Jolie - Sniper Wolf
Morgan Freeman - D.A.R.P.A. Chief/Decoy Octopus
Brendan Gleeson - ArmsTech President Baker
Michael Shanks Dr. Hal 'Otacon' Emmerich
James Garner - Colonal Roy Campbell
Lucy Liu - Mei Ling
Dina Meyer - Meryl Silverburgh
Uma Thurman - Dr. Naomi Hunter
Justina Vail - Nastasha Romanenko

Ok, you can all tear me apart now &gt;_&lt;

Hegemon875
Kurt Russel of course, the name snake plisken was the name of the character he played in escape from new york. He was just like solid snake in a llot of ways.

Mando
If you take a look at my avatar, I can't help but think Robert deniro in this picture, looks like snake.

apoc001
no, man. you've gotta go with Eric Bana

DOOM2099
I will play the part of me.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>