Trivia for the site

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Orlando_Lover45
I need trivia from the movie from the site. put it in this form.

what is will's fathers nickname?

answer: Bootstrap Bill Turner

samIam
what is Jack holding when the black pearls crew is on the dock?

Answer: a BANNANA!!!

Orlando_Lover45
good one, anyone else?

orlilover42
What gold was cursed?

Answer: Cortez

orlilover42
What was the monkey's name?

Answer: Jack

.:[Kamikaze]:.
where did Barbossa and his crew sail from?

answer: Ilse de muerta

samIam
what is the name of the pirate with he wooden eye?

answer: Ragetti

Orlando_Lover45
Thanks you guys. i sent it to SUPER KATHLEEN so she can post it on the site.

samIam
yeah!!!!

samIam
ok I found a ton of trivia i hope it helps ... I have gone through all of it .. cuz I g2g now but here it is ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trivia about Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl:

On August 10, 2002, a fire started on the soundstage where the movie was shot. Nobody was hurt and the damage was estimated to be $350,000.
The movie is inspired by, and takes its theme from, the popular Walt Disney theme park ride of the same name.
Stick around after the credits for an additional scene.
References to the Disneyland attractions include (but are not limited to): - 3 uses of the song "(Yo Ho, Yo Ho) A Pirate's Life for Me" by X. Atencio and George Bruns in the opening scene (sung by young Elizabeth), when Jack and Elizabeth are marooned on the island, and in the end by Jack. - The jail scenes, in which the prisoners try to tempt the dog who holds the key to their cell. Jack says, "That dog is never going to move" - although the movie dog eventually does, the one in the ride doesn't. Jack later tries to tempt it with a bone, as does one of the audio-animatronic pirates in the ride. - The "burning town" sequence, and within it, the redheaded prostitute (who slaps Jack), and the "stuffed pirate" drinking the rum spurting out of a barrel - Jack's initial discovery of Gibbs sleeping with the pigs - The line "Dead men tell no tales", said by the macaw, which is repeated throughout the ride's narration - A quick shot of a skeleton sprawled on the beach of the Isla de Muerta, with a crab nearby - During the raid on the town, seen is a man being dunked into a well. - A skeletal Barbossa drinks wine, which trickles through his exposed ribcage, as one of the skeletal pirates do. - Pirates demanding "We wants the relic" recalls the pirates hunting the missing Aztec medallion
The title was originally just "Pirates of the Caribbean" but the name was changed in the hope that it would do well at the box office and a sequel could be made.
The first movie under the official Walt Disney Pictures banner to receive a rating higher than PG in the USA (this one being rated PG-13).
The movie's world premiere was located at Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort in California, home to the original Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, on June 28, 2003. This was the first ever movie premiere at Disneyland.
Johnny Depp's character, Captain Jack, is portrayed as having gold teeth in the film. These are real and Depp had his dentist implant those and others into his mouth for the production. Jerry Bruckheimer thought there were too many and asked him to remove all but a few.
Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski wanted to use the massive water tank in Baja, Mexico used for Titanic (1997) and Pearl Harbor (2001), but Peter Weir's film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) had the tank booked during the time Pirates was scheduled to shoot.
The "walking under the row boat" scene is a direct homage to Crimson Pirate, The (1952).
The scene where Orlando Bloom impersonates Johnny Depp's performance was devised by Bloom who asked producer Jerry Bruckheimer if he could put it into the movie.
Orlando Bloom has a rag or some other piece of clothing covering his right wrist. This is to cover up his tattoo that he received during the "Lord of the Rings" shoot. The tattoo is that of the number "9" in "elvish".
Many of the crew got seasick while filming.
The final cannon shot during the Black Pearl's siege of the town, billows into a Mickey Mouse head shape against the night sky
The Jolly Roger that the Black Pearl flies is a skull and crossed swords, which had originally been flown by historical pirate John "Calico Jack" Rackham who is most famous for having the two most famous female pirates of the Caribbean in his crew, Mary Read and Anne Bonney.
In an attempt to ward off the seasickness that struck the rest of the cast and crew, Keira Knightley took a travel sickness pill... and fell asleep instead.
Jack Sparrow's line "...and then they made me their chief," is a tribute to British comedy series "Fast Show, The" (1994), of which Johnny Depp is an ardent fan, so much so that he guest starred in one episode. The line was originally uttered by the incoherent barrister Rowley Birkin QC, Johnny Depp's favorite character from the show. The Fast Show was shown in the US under the title "Brilliant". (Depp uses another Fast Show catchphrase in an unused version of the "parley" scene in the cave when he says, "I'll get me coat..." - this can be seen on the DVD.)
Clothing and smears of charcoal were used to conceal Johnny Depp's numerous tattoos. The "Jack Sparrow" tattoo on his arm in the movie is a fake, but he got a real replica after finishing the film, in honor of his son Jack.
Having decided that pirates were the 18th century equivalent of rock stars, Depp's characterization of Sparrow was inspired by close observation of his friend Keith Richards (II), though he emphasized in interviews that it was not an impersonation.
The "Fort" in Port Royal is actually not on St. Vincent's, but at a closed down amusement park in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
In the cave at Isla de Muerte, one of Barboassas pirates can be seen with what appears to be a smoking beard. According to the legends of Blackbeard (a famous pirate) he used to attach slow burning fuses to his beard before a raid.
When Will wakes up after being knocked out he looks out into the port and you can see the same girl who played the young Elizabeth sweeping at a doorway (Lucinda Dryzek).
When Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio, the screenwriters, originally pitched the movie to the Disney executives in the early '90s, it was rejected.
Silvestri, Alan was first suggested to provide the score but has been replaced by Badelt, Klaus. However, some movie posters still show the credit "Music by Alan Silvestri". These posters also show a different story credit, omitting the fourth story writer Wolpert, Jay: "Screen Story by Beattie, Stuart and Elliott, Ted (I) & Rossio, Terry".
The tattoo Orlando Bloom got on his right wrist during the 'Lord of the Rings' is covered in almost every part of the film, except one. During the swordfight in the blacksmith shop, Blom's elvish tattoo is partly visible when Will raises his sword to parry after Jack's "You're not a eunuch, are you?"
Commodore Norrington's first name is James, according to a deleted scene.
HMS Interceptor is actually the tall ship Lady Washington. The ship was slightly modified for the film

Orlando_Lover45
WOW! thats really cool!!!!!

Orlando_Lover45
we should add that on the site. i'll go send it to kathleen

samIam
ok i stumbled upon it sooo i thougfht it was perfect

Orlando_Lover45
oh, no! it exceeds the space we have! i cant send it to her. sad

samIam
then just take some of them

Orlando_Lover45
here, you do it. i dont want to cut anything important.

samIam
i think u should do it I have to get back to school

Orlando_Lover45
okay, i had her check it. i dont know if she saw the trivia or your really long thing about the movie so if she puts up just the trivia, then i'll send her your thing, K?

Orlando_Lover45
guess what. another snow day tomorow. woohoo.

this is starting to get boreing.

Unholy_Cheese
snoooweek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.