Comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
I just read the first part of Twillight, I opened it and at the first page I was stunned! It's a great pic!

Do any of you have comics?
Little question: there is only a comic once a month?

LanceWindu
Well, I would like to be able to help you, but I can't find any comic store that hold SW comics. And don't say in a dark room in a building again.

yerssot
it wasn't light!

Emissaries to Malastare was very good, but the storyline droppped to 0 when the last two episodes came

UnknownBountyHunter
Would you like to buy some comics? I have an extra copy of the Dark Empire series #1, 4 and 6.

BTW, I have a lot of comics, including:
Star Wars Dark Empire 1-6 (2x of 1, 4, & 6)
Star Wars Dark Empire (First Printing) 1-3
Star Wars Dark Empire II 1-4
Crimson Empire 1-4
Star Wars Classics-Devil Worlds: 1 & 2
Star Wars Classics-The Rebel Storm

My favorites are definitely Dark Empire I, great storyline.

yerssot
don't know them...

one commic a month huh?

Isn't Dark Empire from a book?

yerssot
ok, just finished Jedi vs Sith,
I expected 6 comics of pure battle ... let me tell you: nope! not true! Small fights, they concentrate on the dark path of a young lad, strange but intriging

UnknownBountyHunter
Read Crimson Empire, it is an awesome series!! eek!

yerssot
fine by me, tell me, when was it published and how many episodes?

I'm going to check Monday if their are new comics...

yerssot
Got my first comic from my subscription:
part two of "The Stark Hyperspace Wars"
I thought QG fought in that war confused

yerssot
now that I've read two of them:
Ush, I was right!
(have to celebrate this one, because it's the first time I was right)

The Hyperspace war was indeed with QGJ, Plo Koon AND Ob1

*jumps on table*
*starts to dance*

LanceWindu
I saw a comic yesterday: It was called something like Star Wars Tales Featuring Trooper something or other. It cost $5.99 so I didn't get it

yerssot
5.99$??? that's a lot!
normally it's $2.50 or so

LanceWindu
It was 65 pages long and the pictures were great.

yerssot
ok, then it's more acceptable

LanceWindu
But I'm still not going to waste $5.99 on a comic that has more than one book. Then it would cost at least $12 just for two out of three comics. I don't know if it is part of a series but this is just an example.

yerssot
if it's a part of a series, it's always written in the left corner

LanceWindu
Well I only looked at it for a second because I was helping my sis grocery shopping. She is really bossy.

yerssot
anyway, the comics are well worth checking out

Julie
I've never been too into comics...they're really expensive and I've never been to one of those hobby /comic shops....I might find some there. I have a few places in mind but If I do find alot of choices....which are the best comics ???

yerssot
Definatly Twillight (four comics)
It's extremely good!
Mission to Malastare (the first 3-4 were good)

Ushgarak
Not sure what you are talking about there, yerss, but the Hyperspace Wars as given in the official timeline happened thousands of years ago. Tricky for QGJ to be invovled.

And don;t be so one-upman about it; this isn't a contest.

yerssot
It isn't???

Well, there is another Hyperspace war: the STARK Hyperspace war...
and in that one they are in

Ushgarak
Well, then I am sure that that war DID involve QGJ then. But the originals didn't.

yerssot
well, I agree, I knew QGJ fought in A hyperspace war, guess there are more then one then smile

Julie
I'm lost...but that's ok.....go about you business.

yerssot
I will smile

Did anyone read Star Wars Tales #1 ?
It has a story of a page of two about R5-D4, or Skippy, the Jedi droid.
VERY funny to read!

Julie
No I didn't, but as I mentioned before, I don't usually read comics.

I rarely if ever even see one let alone read it!

yerssot
And who said comics don't pay off?
Ow, no-one...

I have Splinter of the Minds Eye in comics now!!!

Ushgarak
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

yerssot
Yup cool

And now I will know what happened in that book smile

Julie
Good for you......is it worth reading? Should I use my precious time on it??????

yerssot
according to Ush:no
according to me (haven't read it): yes,
just because it's a story, taken away from the Official Timeline

yerssot
finished it yesterday...

Ok, I expacted a terrible story, but it was ok...
The only really rediculous thing was the sabre fighting! That was plain stupid! Also Vader had some lines he would NEVER say!
Like: Steel kitten
*shudders*

Ushgarak
What if I told you that the book was worse, yerss?

yerssot
then I would be forced to buy the book, I'm afraid...

I can't wait! In just a few days, I get the final chapter in the Stark Hyperspace Wars!

LanceWindu
I own the book. I haven't read it yet though. I have about 15 books that I want to read before I ever get to reading it.

Julie
Well, since the advice I'm getting seems to indicate I should read other books first, before tracking this one down, I think I'll let Lance read it and give me a synopsis wink

yerssot
I'm not sure if you will find it

Julie
Then, I guess it's a good thing I'm not really searching hard for it wink

LanceWindu
Actually I'm surprised I found my copy. I've only seen it at one other place my whole life.

yerssot
I saw it, and I bought it
veni; vidi; vinci

LanceWindu
That's basically what I did. I saw it and was like, "This book has been taken off the official Star Wars timeline, lets see what it's all about."

yerssot
well, it's not THAT terrible wrong IMHO
although it makes it seem sabrefighting is WAY to easy

LanceWindu
It's not really that, it just I want to see what was wrong with the way it ties in to SW.

yerssot
Every once in a while, I dig this thread up...
Today I got my hands on "The Devaronian story, 1 of 2"
I saw the cover...
Aayla Secura, who's going to make a cameo in EpII is there again.
Vinnie is also back.. yayyyy Vinnie! And by the looks of it, he's wielding a yellow sabre! You can see Yoda at the top and Quinlan Vos (my favorite) and Mace Windu...
It resambles the poster from ANH...

The art looks totally different from the series Twillight.
Less wrincles in Vinnies face, but I can't tell much about the story since I haven't read it yet

yerssot
and again I dig it up smile

Devorian Story Part II:
what a story! unbelievable and funny with a reference to LotR (my precioussssssss, try to scan it)
but the end was just great!

Ride of Passage I and II:

from the first page of RoPI, I had the feeling this had the potention of a great story, and it IS! Nice colors, nice drafts (forgot the story though)

Julie
Never heard of it...not too into comics, but if I find some cheap I'll buy them.....

yerssot
$2.5 for one

Julie
yeah I'd say that's fairly cheap.....

yerssot
problem is, you get one in a month and if you have a story like "Emissaries to Malastare" which has EIGHT episodes, you're getting very edgy at the end because you want to know how it ends!!!
(the first 6 are very good btw)
In two months Rite of Passage is done, and I think it will be a good one

finti
kind of hard to come by SW comics here and the ones you come over is expensive as hell

Julie
I was at the flea market the other day and I found a guy selling comics....of course I looked for Star Wars comics....I bought The Sith War series (1-6) for $1.00 each.....I don't think I got a great deal, but the comics look nice anyway wink

yerssot
you have the entire Sith Wars on comic??
poodoo! I can't find them here, only have seen number 3 orso...

and then you have The Golden Age of the Jedi, think it was 8 episodes...

Julie
I went to that same flea market and bought Qui-gon and Obi-wan.....I haven't read any of them yet though

yerssot
eek!
I have one from Star Wars Tales #1.... uhoh! I really hope you had the good ones!
btw, I need to check my account again...

Julie
What account?

yerssot
my comic-account!
I need my Rite Of Passage #3!

Julie
hmmm I don't think I've heard too much about that one

yerssot
you know Quinlan Vos?

Julie
I think I've heard the name, but I'm not sure...maybe it was in one of those Tales of the Jadi tapes I listened to

yerssot
no, he wasn't born at that time, I think...

Quinlan Vos is the maincharacter in the comics

Julie
Which ones...???Rite of Passage?

yerssot
and around 5 stories before that too

Julie
eek! I really need to start reading Star Wars comics...I believe I'm a bit behind

yerssot
apperently...
if you have outlander, heared it was good, I can only find the last three

Julie
The last few times I went to the flea market I've been fortunate enough to find decently priced Star Wars comics...I really want to read them but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

yerssot
which ones do you have?

Julie
All six Tales of the jedi: The Sith War...and all three Qui-Gon and Obi-wan Last stand on Ord Mantell

yerssot
about time I dig this one up again,

I got Rite of Passage #3,
good comic, it has a most interesting duel in it, worth a second look, imo

Julie
hmm I guess I should find this Rit of Passage and read it once before I try to read it twice.

yerssot
no worries, the last episode of the story will be out in two weeks, and then you can buy them all in one comic if you want

Ronch_Jedi
Anyone pick up Empire Strikes Back Infinities? Part 3's coming next week

Julie
eek! I'm still trying to get around to reading the one's I've got...and they're making more...it'll never end...oh well that's good

yerssot
no, haven't bought it, 'causeyou can't buy it in parts, only in one whole part

Julie
*nods and smiles*
Oh but you still plan on getting it though, right?

Corran
Yerss you need to find a comic shop like the one in springfield, they might sell them seperately.

yerssot
I just don't know about Infinities, perhaps I'll buy Darkness though

Julie
What you guys need is a flea market big grin

yerssot
what I need is lots of money!

Julie
That would help too....this is a bit off topic but....I jsut got my copy of Star Wars Insider and it had a section about Destiny's Way, and it also had part four of Emmissary of the Void.

yerssot
good, have to read SBS a bit more though wink

the december comics have been announced on SW.C

Julie
Are you going to be buying them?

yerssot
my store only follows the ongoing SW series of Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos, so no SW Empire comics

Julie
oh, but any star wars comic should be something interesting at least...right?

yerssot
hmmm, I have a Rogue Squadron comic here that is definitly boring

Julie
I didn't even know that they made comics about Rogue Squadron.

yerssot
they used to, but really, don't spend your money on it, it's worst ever!

Mujaffa
the comics you get in norway are way expensive sad

yerssot
well, they aren't cheap, that's right, but still not too expansive

Mujaffa
here it is way expensive

yerssot
how much?

Julie
I don't usually go to comic stores....but once in awhile I get over to a flea market.....there they are cheap...well relatively

yerssot
can anyone confirm if Infinities will end this week?

Captain REX
What was the original Hyperspace War about Ush? I didn't know there was 2.

You guys were talking about on page 1 (i have 40 posts per page)

Julie
sorry yerssot, can't help you out there....don't know too much about comics at all

yerssot
In SW, you have the Hyperspace wars, featuring two pilots (forgot their names), they mapped planets, but on one of their journeys they discovered the planet where the sith were hiding. So they got captured and a big good vs bad battle was fought.

The stark hyperspace wars is about a pirate blocking and stealing all bacta for his own profit. Supported by some other scum, btw.

Julie
sounds like an interesting story....maybe I should search it out some day wink

yerssot
it's not bad

btw, my comicstore has some deliveryproblems so I haven't got the new comics!!

Julie
That's that's just awful....I suppose it's a good thing though since you do have homework to do

finti
its hard to come by the comics in Norway, and those you find are SOOOOOOOOO FU***** expensivemad

yerssot
yeah I know, they're more expensive then a regular comic. But that is, or so FM claims, the original is handcolored and they copy that one.

still, lots of money. But some are really great pieces of art! Especially with Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secure winkwinkwink

Julie
I still have yet to read the comics I have....why should I go out and buy more.....???? There are so so so so many star wars comics out there...it's kinda intimidating to figure out where to start.

yerssot
start with a comic and then follow the numbers

Julie
I see.....easy to say and yet so hard to do...especially since I'm hardly ever in comic book stores...I will read the ones I have though....some day

yerssot
finally got my comics!! Rite of Passage #4 and Star Wars: Republic: Honor and (something else)

The art in it, on first sight is wonderful! I'm looking forward to the Republican series!
Hope to start reading soon!

Julie
reading is good....just remember to read all the other stuff you have to for school too! Oh and you have to work in NJO sometime too

yerssot
yeah I know, but the comics is if I have nothing to do for a few minutes
I especially am interested in the Republic one!

and I only have to finish my french book, around a page of 120 to go!smile
and have to start that book that fixes on Jaina

yerssot
I just finished them both

Star Wars ongoing went out with a blast! Rite of Passage #4 has one of the best action sequences that is available, together with superb drawings! A shame it's finished now, I hope Aayla Secura and Quinlan Vos will be in Republic again!

The story in Republic is ... let's say strange... the drawing of this team is very different, very crude compared to the softer lines in the last ongoing comic. It fixes on the senator guards. Obi Wans first appereance was with ...er...strange hair
Though there was a good link to Rogue planet with that flying

Julie
I haven't read the comics...but there is a story of the Republic comics in my Star Wars Insider magazine.

yerssot
how is that?

Julie
How's what? I haven't read the article on it yet though....I just barely started to read the magazine...but sometimes they put reviews and stuff in it.

yerssot
btw, the ongoing series goes to the Republic series from #45 to #46

Julie
45-46!!!!!!!!!!ahhhhhh when will I ever get the time to read all that?

yerssot
no worries, I didn't start with #1 either! I think I started somewhere around 30, should look it up

Emisaries to Malastare... still the first three parts were good, and you had A'Shared Hett in them! Very cool character! Then they fixed on Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secure and those two are cool too!

Julie
I have to get to a comic shop some day don't I

Shadow_King
i have read one of my old star wars comics DArk Empire And has a great story line with the imperial civil war, and luke turning to dark side, and sidious coming back and all that stuff. has anyone read this 6 part series???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.