Yoda fights (SPOILERS!!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Check out this news: http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#13700

Looks like Yoda jumping over Dooku is confirmed. (Ush is gonna have a heart attack). And he'll be wielding a green lightsabre.

So is this good or bad news?

yerssot
I'm almost tempted to make my underwear reply again... big grin

I noticed they haven't mentioned wich spy gave it to them...

And I'm worrying: If they use greenscreen matting because there is blue used in the foreground, why will they use a green saber for a green character?

Aquarius87
....omg,he's jumping over Dooku,what a mad dog!
And of coarse he has a green sabre,its like yoda's favourite colour.

yerssot
sorry, I can't hold it anylonger!!!
Here is my reply:

I hope Yoda has some underwear big grin

How do you know it's his favorite color?

queeq
I don't really get the question?

1. How do you know the Yoda shots were done with green screens?
2. During the shoot there is probably no Yoda, since most of the fight scenes will probably be CGI?

And why green for Yoda?? Who knows, maybe GL does like to stick to three colours for lightsabres: green blue and red.... so Mace's purple one is the odd one out so far.... Who knows, I don't know.

yerssot
shoot it! we still have blue and purple screen matting...

The only thing I care about is the color (yellow please!) and that the cgi yoda looks terrible!

queeq
And he's gonna have a GREEN sabre. stick out tongue

yerssot
ok, now I know my reply I wanted to say:

He's a green CGI, and he has a green saber; that would give problems, even if they use bluescreen

bigsef2
why would it give problems? when they shoot, they give whatever prop for yoda a red stick. red contrasts against the blue background. then they go in later and make the saber green. its no trouble at all

yerssot
so why did they use GREEN props for DOTF with blue screen matting? because they otherwhise had problems

bigsef2
it doestn matter. as long as you have contrasting colors. that aside, i think its an incredibly stupid idea to have yoda actually have a lightsaber and fight. I think yodas only weapon should be the force. He IS the master, afterall

LanceWindu
It is going to be awesome watching a little tiny alien kicking ass of a full sized human.

queeq
Hold on people. You don't NEED any green screen matting for CGI animation. And if you do to get the CGI character behind an actor, all you need in the background is a colour contrasting with the stuff in the foreground when you're FILMING!!! It has nothing to do with the colours you put IN the shot after matting.
Other form of matting to make CGI characters move behind an actor or object is by MAKING matte cut outs frame by frame. That's what they did in the SE's a lot, a good example is the scene with Han and Jabba in ANH.

yerssot
Someone on sw.com said that it's very difficult to have a cgi and a lightsabre in the same color, shortly after that come the rumor that Yoda has a yellow sabre

bigsef2
i dont beleive that that statement was made on sw.com. maybe you mis-read it? As queeq said, the only think that you really DONT want to do with the lightsabers if youre filming on bluescreen is have a blue prop lightsaber. Thats why in filming, we see Obiwan and Anakin both with green sticks. If they were shooting greenscreen, they would not use a green prop, they would probably use a blue one. They can go in later and make the lighsaber whatever color they want.

yerssot
green cgi + green sabre = problems

bigsef2
evidently not. yoda is green. his saber is green. seems to work fine to me.

yerssot
seen the pictures, yellow would be better

bigsef2
as far as im concerned, they should all be blue, green or red. ill accept mace has a different color because hes the head of the council, but thats enough for me.

yerssot
yellow for yoda because he is the master that rules!

Aquarius87
.....yeah.............

yerssot
I have no idea what that cat has got to do with anything

(and don't answer with "everything"wink

ToMacco
laughing out loud The cat is funny.

Anyway, I don't think Yoda should have a lightsabre, nor do I think he should be in any fights. The little bastard is 900 years old, he's out of his fighting prime. He should just be the little wise dude checking everything out.

yerssot
It would be a complete surprise to see him wield his sabre, and the rumors of him fighting are very old.
They said that you would be trilled to see him do that

Ushgarak
Technical points... boring... losing... consciousness...

Anyway, the whole thing is a horrible idea, but I'll wait and see how well they do it, anyway.

yerssot
come on! we need more technical info!

well, if they want it green, good enough for me (yeah right!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.