Star Destroyers and TIE Fighters in Episode 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ninja
Do you think we will see Star Destroyers and/or TIE Fighters in Episode 3?

yerssot
not the ones like in the OT but other similar things perhaps

Fire
those troop transport ships in Ep. II already look like Star Destroyers (the totaly useless and prolly very weird triangular hule thingy. smaller tho)

The One Part 2
I think the Super Star Destroyer is seen in the last scenes of the movie.

Lyn
I noticed them too. The ones taking the Clone Troopers yeah??

Lyn
Sounds pretty likely to me. happy thumb up

Darth Ninja
Super Star Destroyer? If you're talking about the Executor-class, then you're off by many years. The Executor (also the first Super Star Destroyer) doesn't get built until shortly before the Battle of Yavin. The Victory-class (I and II) Star Destroyers (which is EU) were built during the Clone Wars. GL could use these EU ships as canon in Episode III. It would be very cool if GL used the Victory-class Star Destroyers. I heard somewhere (years ago) where he mentioned something about Star Destroyers being in (the end of) Episode III.

As for the TIE fighters, we might see the original TIE Fighter, but I very highly doubt we'll see the later TIE designs (being the TIE I/N, Interceptor, Bomber, Advanced X1, etc) in Episode III.

The One Part 2
I don't know. The story I read said Super Star Destroyer. It's possible that Lucas is changing the Executor's history and building alot sooner. Or this could be a different version of the Star Destroyers used in the OT. You have to remember that Lucas doesn't necessarily go by the EU histories.

yerssot
as far as I know, the super star destroyer doesn't have any history what so ever, it just popped up in the movies

RobBo
Note also a kind of cheeky reference to the TIE fighter in the rear view of the Trade Federation fighter craft way back in Ep1. Those craft had that distinctive (-O-) shape when viewed from the back!

Ushgarak
Yes, remember that GL will have no trouble writing a history for the SSD with is at variance from the EUs. He will have no regard for that history at all.

However, I would be surprised to see the ship in the film. I always regarded it as roughly ESB contemporary.

The One Part 2
It's quite possible, too, that there will be only an interior shot of the bridge. I have to believe that the ship will be the flagship of the republic fleet. Therefore, it will have to be huge.

Darth Ninja
If the Executor was around during ANH, then why wasn't Darth Vader using it? He was using the Devastator.

yerssot
repairs? the emperor taking it out for a spin?

The One Part 2
Vader was second in command to Tarkin on the Death Star. That's much a much bigger position than the Executor. You have to remember, the Death Star would have been the flagship of the Empire. After ANH, the Executor would have retaken its place at the head of the fleet.

Fire
well Tarkin is a **** always was anywayz

Crash Overload
The Tie Interceptor is WAY off... It is only seen in ROTJ, They where taken off a Design of VAder's Personal one, Something about advanced solar power... don't remeber... I need to check me shcematic books.....

Orlando
Maybe at the tail end of the movie...

Darth Ninja
Yes, the TIE Interceptor was based on Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1. The Empire found the TIE Advanced to be too expensive to mass produce. Some of the TIE Advanced designs were used build the TIE Interceptor (and TIE Avenger) shortly before the battle of Yavin. The TIE Interceptor wasn't mass produced until shortly before the battle of Endor, while the TIE Avenger (like the TIE Defender) never was mass produced. I'm hoping to at least see the original TIE Fighter (in Episode 3) which later became the TIE I/n (the standard TIE fighter we all know well).

As for the Super - class Star Destroyer, it's very possible that a protype (named the Super) was built before the Executor. Also GL may "run over" the EU history of the Executor. An EU author (I forget who) once wrote something funny about EU VS canon. "We were allowed the play in GL's driveway. However, if he decides to back his truck up . . . over what we built . . . we were warned beforehand."
wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.