Obi-Wan's Droid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
According to Obi-Wan in ANH "I don't ever remember owning a droid."

This fact is challenged in AOTC where we actually see Obi-Wan's droid, R4-P17, I have provided a link so you can see him. He is the last one in the first half of this page.

R4-P17

Aquarius87
Well i think we have a detective here..
Obi wan must have been hit very hard in the head to forget about owning a droid,Even the man who made it can have a bad memory sometimes.Or maybe R4-P17 is just a droid that Obiwan uses,and not neccesarily owns???

LanceWindu
According to TF.net This is Obi-Wans personal droid that helps him much like R2 does for Luke.

yerssot
indeed

watch TPM, those droids in the hangar are just sitting there, and the pilots just race towards A ship, just to get one, they don't search for one particulate droid...

And you all know that OB1 likes his own point of view

ToMacco
Yeah, and Obi-wan got that from Qui-gon, too.

OB1: It's not dis-respect master, it's the truth.

QG: From your point of view.

Aquarius87
...Ooooh okay smile
I hardly watch SW so i wouldn't remember..
God i'm so absent-minded

ToMacco
You gotta stop the pill-poppin' there, cutie. wink

Aquarius87
Hey,listen here,stop making accusations you hardly know me,I never pop pills,Ooh wow i did it once or twice,my absent mindedness is due to daydreaming,and loading my mind each day with useless information..

ToMacco
Well, my conclusion to that, my friend, is that your a pill-popper, or you're a liar. So take your pick. stick out tongue

yerssot
stop hitting on her and get back on topic!

bigsef2
obiwan NEVER owns a droid. thats what he says. obviously Artoo said that in efforts to get them to take him to obiwan. think about it. if you just bought a droid and it said "hey, i want to see this crazy old man in the desert" would you take him to him? no. if he said "i am stolen and used to belong to him," that would go over alot better

Dim
Ya know...I think we should talk anything Obi-Wan says with a grain of salt...a very large grain.

Ushgarak
That's only because you don;t like Obi-Wan's Point of view line. Because you are cruel.

As for his Jedi droid... I would assume that droid belings to the Jedi Order, not actually to Obi-Wan himself. It's mounted in a Jedi ship, after all.

yerssot
so we all agree that he was correct again... from his point of view stick out tongue

I think there are only a few who like that point thing anyway

Ratcat
So, we're talking a reliable source then?

According to latests thoughts those droids will actually be hardwired into the Starfighters.
http://images.swmovies.net/site/2002_q1/chuba.gif

Ushgarak
I'm almost certain they are hardwired. Didn't Steve Sansweet sya that in interview or something?

yerssot
don't remember that one then, but if you look at the ship, they will probably be correct

bigsef2
ANAKIN has r2 in AOTC. from what i know of the script, obiwan and r2 arent even on the screen at the same time for very long. And R2 is NOT in ANY jedi ships. He belongs to Padme Amidala. Hence, in ANH, he belongs to her daughter, Leia. And when I say belong, i dont mean belong personally, I mean belong to the group of people or governments Leia and Padme are involved with.

yerssot
good, and I was talking about the droid in his fighter

Ushgarak
Yeah, we weren't talking about R2 at that point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.