Wacky Lightsaber Fighting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I learned that, like the two-on-one lightsaber duel in TPM, the AOTC duel between Anakin and Dooku will be crazy too. Here's why.

1. Dooku has a curved lightsaber handle.
2. Dooku will at one point duel with a red AND a BLUE LIGHTSABER.
3. Anakin will at one point duel with a blue AND a GREEN LIGHTSABER.

So in the AOTC duel, Dooku and Anakin will be fighting with two lightsabers each. Very cool.

If you don't believe me, go to the New Pictures Online thread and look at pictures 3 and 5.

yerssot
but rumor has it that it's not at the same time

Geonosian_guard
it will be very, very cool!!! big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Ratcat
BUt most of those pictures are promo-shots, in fact only one (or Dooku) would appear to be an actual production shot.

finti
I love the sabre duels, they are way cool, damn I would been a cool jedi evil face big grin

LanceWindu
Not me I would have very bad hand-eye coordination.

bigsef2
im still griping I didnt get to play anakin

LanceWindu
Why don't you make a fan film and be Anakin yourself. Then you can post it somewhere on this site and we could see how you are as Anakin.

Captain REX
I'd make a good Jedi in looks and dueling. Well, in dueling I wouldn't be as good, because I just slash and block. Although I do beat my brother most of the time when we play with those fake toy lightsabers at Disneyland. They have these vibrant ones with very bright yellow blades.

yerssot
no-one is good in lightsabre fighting
you need to control the force in order to get quick reflexes

Geonosian_guard
true....very true... wink

Captain REX
Very true but sad. I could kill someone with a fake one just by using the Force.

yerssot
they can forsee that

Captain REX
Crap.

yerssot
I think... perhaps not, otherwhise no-one would die in sabrefights

Captain REX
No, they can forsee it. That's how they block.

yerssot
and how comes QG died in a battle then?

Captain REX
Because Qui-Gon was fighting a guy with two blades who was wearing the crud out of him. Plus he was probably getting a tiny bit scared because it was him vs. a guy of two blades without his partner.

yerssot
fear is the path to the dark side

Ushgarak
Two blades is NO better than one. Far worse unless you are EXTREMELY skilled. Maul was just being flash- which is not without value, just don't go thinking that the double blade gave him an edge.

As for prediction- it all cancels out when you face other Force adepts, doesn't it? Because they can forsee where you will block, and so on and it all comes in a big circle and depends on your skill.

Captain REX
I didn't think about that.

And actually it does give Maul an edge: it gives him two. smile

ToMacco
And remember: "Always in motion, the future is". The most skilled Jedi couldn't see their own demise.

Captain REX
True Master ToMacco.

yerssot
laughing out loud

jedi212guy
How in the world can Dooku block Anakin and OB1 with just one blade? Anakin slices high, OB1 low, game over, he can't block both, and eventually he would screw up with a jump.

Help me out here.

yerssot
according to Ush his numbers
Maul has 18/20 for dualing, Dooku has 19/20

jedi212guy
But that doesn't explain HOW he will do it.

yerssot
with great fighting I suppose

Captain REX
Maybe he'll do lots of those Force shove things. Plus, OB1 isn't dueling the whole time. It's Anakin vs. Dooku. Then Dooku enrages Anakin by telling him he killed Padme and that it was OB1's fault. Anakin then turns on OB1 and Yoda enters the scene. Dooku gets worked but escapes, Anakin gets knocked out by the crane and OB1 gets injured, and Yoda gets worn out.

This should be a very, VERY interesting duel. Especially because Yoda finally takes a STAB at dueling on the silver screen.

yerssot
SPOILER TAGS

Ushgarak
Same way any master swordsman fights two opponents- good movement and position.

Swordfighting is a real life thing you know!

And, incidentally, how come you don't ask how Darth Maul can fight two people at once? A double-bladed sabre does not make it any easier, you know! Once you block with one half the other is useless.

jedi212guy
I thought it made it easier to position the saber for a block.

Captain REX
I know fighting with a sword is a real thing, but you can't singe yourself by touching the blade!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.