Who is the enemy in EPIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
we know in EPII the clones are the good guys. Palpatine clones them to eventually serve him. We have to think of what Palpatine will do, so that he can have his Empire. Now there are two possibilities for EPIII. Either the clones are good, or the clones are bad.

Lets suppose first the clones remain "good." and by good i mean, they continue to serve the republic, although Palpatine is using them **SUBTLY** towards his own end. This would mean that in EPIII, Dooku and his toadies are still the enemy. The damn fool idealistic crusade Obiwan and Anakin go on is probably to reunify the republic, and defeat Dooku. The movie ends with Dooku and the Jedi both decimated, and the clones are still "good" serving the Republic, but now, instead of helping freedom, they become the Stormtroopers of the OT and are a force that no one can overthrow. Palpatine has his Empire.

The second option is that the clones are "bad" in EPIII. Sometime between EPII and EPIII, Palpatine rises to power and uses the clones in an **OBVIOUS** way to acheive power. Thus, the clones are the enemy of the Jedi in EPIII. Which would mean that in EPIII, the "Empire" is very much alive already. And also that Dooku either is against the Jedi also, or switches sides and helps the Jedi defeat the clones, which would mean the Stormtroopers in the OT are not clones.

The details of these two possibilites for EPIII are all speculative, so I dont really know which i beleive right now. But the ont thing we do know for a fact is that the Jedi win the clone wars, but "at a great cost." Which brings up a good question. Clones w/ Jedi vs. Dooku and his toadies. It doesnt seem like the Jedi would have to win "at great cost." The Jedi would vastly outnumber Dooku b/c the clones were on their side. But if the clones were the bad guys, it would make the struggle for the Jedi (with possibly Dooku as an ally) that much harder, and the statement that the Jedi win the clone wars at great cost would make more sense. So Im somewhat undecided at this point.

yerssot
clones become bad I think

Ratcat
The point is that the Old Republic IS the Empire. albeit transformed by Palpatines manipulations. Therefore the allegence of the Clones Armies doesn't change, it is more the 'politics (for want of a better word) that change.

The enemy throughout the Prequels is Palpatine, in fact he is the consistent enemy thoughout the entire six movies. Everyone else is merely a puppet to him, including Maul, the Trade Federation, Dooku and the rest.

yerssot
but Palpatine got rid of the senate, then there isn't a republic, right?

bigsef2
My question in starting the thread is, if in EPIII, in the clone wars, do the jedi fight WITH or AGAINST the clones? I am defining "enemy" as the faction that is against the Jedi.

yerssot
first with then against

bigsef2
then who sides with the jedi? there simply arent enough of them to take on tens of thousands of clones.

yerssot
that's why they won the war with a lot of deaths

bigsef2
no, you dont understand. SOMEONE has to help the jedi. theres only a handful of them left at the end of EPII. they could not win the war against clones without help. which brings in dooku and his army. what happens to them? theyre obviously fighting someone in EPIII. Either the Jedi, the clones, or both.

yerssot
I don't get it, they are with more then 10 000 that's enough to fight

LanceWindu
Dooku has the clones. And the Jedi lose. The only Jedi to have lived are hidden a the end. There's Yoda, Obi-Wan and a handful of others that most likely do not use there powers again for fear of Palpy's Jedi Hunters taking them out and killing them.

yerssot
first the clones and the jedi work togather to defeat the TF, then Palpa becomes Emperor, the clones become stormtroopers and they fight against the jedi...

bigsef2
yess, i dont think anyone has established whether it is more probable the jedi fight WITH or AGAINST the clones. this has become confusing to me because people say stuff and its difficult to tell whehter they are basing thier statements on if the clones are with or against the jedi

yerssot
I definitly have to change my name! If someone replies with yes or yess I don't know if people are talking to me directly (because everyone uses the abreviation yerss or perhaps yess)
what will sound better yowsot or mesot? laughing out loud (sorry, have to understand Dutch for that smile )

What we see in EpII is that they are good (they save the day) but then when the Clone Wars evolve and Palpy getting Emperor, they will turn against the Jedi, and because there are so many, they can kill a lot of knights

Captain REX
Maybe people shouldn't make typos on "yes." I think the name's fine.

I think the enemy in Ep. III is Palpy, the Clonetroopers under his control, and Dooku.

It'd be interesting if Palpy hired an assassin and Dooku died a mysterious death early in the movie. Then Palpy calls in the Jedi to investigate because he's ordered the assassin to kill people to make it seem like a killing spree. Warning: This is completely fake info.

bigsef2
i have doubts the clones will become an outright enemy to the jedi in EPIII. i dont see it as being likely that the jedi could defeat the clones. theres just too many of them and not enough jedi. the only way i could see the jedi winning against the clones, is with the help of dooku and his army...

LanceWindu
But the Jedi DON'T win. They lose the Clone Wars. That's why Luke is the new hope. He is the one who brings the Jedi back.

sand person no. 10
i find it hard to believe that the clones just dissapear in the ot and are never mentioned again, the original clones must be wiped out. perhpas there is a floor in thier creation and they die because of poor manufacturing. look at dollly the sheep. big grin

Ushgarak
All current indications are that the Jedi win the Clone Wars. But we cannot be certain.

bigsef2
Ush is correct, the jedi win the clone wars, but "at a great cost." sand person is correct in one assumption, though. theres no real mention of clones in the OT. what happens to them? SOMEONE wipes them out. i dont think there are enough jedi to do it. i also dont think dooku can do it. maybe yoda has the kamoinians make HIM a batch of clones that fight palpatines clones and they more or less wipe eachother out.

Ushgarak
I am pretty sure that victory in the Clone Wars- should the Clones be the opponents, of course- will involve thewm and their facilities being wiped out en masse. And yes, by the Jedi.

Captain REX
Most likely, but I don't think the factories will be wiped out unless they're moved. The Kaminoans seem pretty peaceful, but they sound like they're being used, like everyone else Palpy's come in contact with: Padme (Vote of No Confidence), Clonetroopers (galactic domination), Anakin (Vader), the Kaminoans (Sydo-Dyas=Sidious=Palpy=Big Fat Liar), and the Jedi (I want all of these clones wiped out by tomorrow. If you don't, my new best friend Vader will kick your ass).

bigsef2
i dont think well see any cloning facilities liked out. i think once the jedi realize what palpatines up to, mace will get the jedi their own clones. the original clones were supposed to be made for the jedi anyways, so i dont see that as being a stretch. green armored clones (bobas uniform) vs. the clonetroopers we see in EPII. they wipe eachother out and the senate passes some vote saying no more clones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.