Have we already seen the Reek?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
The leaked story boards talked of a monster called a Reek which was similar to the Rancor and it also talked of new aliens called the Lessers.But have we already seen them?

I always thought that Lucas might include some of the creatures from the chess scene in ANH in the prequels. Maybe the creature R2 uses to beat Chewbacca was the Reek. And their were several aliens in that scene which had wings and could be the Lessers.

I know it's a crazy theory, but what do you think?

Darth Daft
I hate to sound like a complete Star Wars boffin here, but the creature that R2 used was actally an Ord Mantellian Snavrip.
As for the Lessers and Reeks, I think they're new. I don't want Lucas to use too many things previously seen. This is a new film, so let's see some new vehicles, characters, planets, aliens, etc.

Dim
I agree. DD, I'm impressed and maybe a little bit scared that you knew what that alien chess piece was! laughing out loud

Darth Daft
I even found out what the chesspiece set was called, but I can't remember. It said about the Mantellian Snavrip in the Essential Guide to Planets.

King Jedi
But they were never mentioned in the OT so Lucas could change there names.

Darth Daft
Yeah good point. I don't think they'll return though.

Dim
Lucas might have used some of the attributes of the Mantellian Snavrip to create the Reek though..That's not unheard of.

Darth Daft
I guess so, but it's more likely that its completely new and original. As I've said before, this is a new film, so let's see some new creatures and characters.

King Jedi
DD how do you know what those creatures are called anyway?

Darth Daft
It says in the Essential Guide to the Galaxy. And the Behind the Magic CD ROM has a lot of info too.

UnknownBountyHunter
I agree with Darth Daft, the name changing thing is doubtful, since it has been mentioned in a lot of guides to Star Wars and such. Anyways, there are always similar creatures that could be the "Reek". I mean there are 1000+ species of bats, they all look the same, right? The Reek doesn't HAVE to be that chess piece, you know? smile

Darth Daft
I guess KJ just meant it was a possibility that it would be one of the creatures from the chess set. I mean what are the actual chances of that happening? I'm sure he was just saying the he might be, not that he expected it to be.

queeq
Well, actually, if any of you guys have seen the storyboards, the Reek's in it. It's a big monster, much like a crossing between a Dewback and a rhino. It has horns on its head and it seems like it's being used to fight to in an arena, much like a bull fight. And yes, I think it is new.

queeq out

Darth Daft

queeq
Actually, that storyboard shows the entire fight in the arena. As far as I know these storyboards are legit. It's a pretty cool scene with Mace and Jango Fett in the arena with a Reek.

queeq out

Darth Daft
That sounds cool. I don't believe I've seen them. Where do you see them at?

King Jedi
I would advise you not to go and see them. I only read about them but now wish I hadn't. They have MAJOR spoilers.

Darth Daft
To tell you the truth I don't mind. I'm not the sort of person who's bothered by being spoiled with information on movies. I knew tons about TPM before I'd even seen it.

queeq
You just tell me when to stop. And you cannot see them anywhere. They are illegal to have, I don't even know if it is safe to talk about them. But I checked when I started out here. I don't mind the spoilers myself, the storyboards show some very exciting scenes that make me very curious.

queeq out

Darth Daft
Don't know if we're allowed to talk about them? We'll be destroyed for sure! j/k. smile

Have you seen the storyboards for Obi-Wan and Jango's fight in the rain? I don't know if they were fake or not, but they looked pretty cool nonetheless.

queeq
Yes I have. That scene really rocks!

queeq out

King Jedi
It did. Especially what Boba Fett did during it.

queeq
Shall we tell them WHAT he did? Or shall we let them wait for another year and a half?
We still need to figure out if Boba is really Jango's son or a Jedi Padawan. Any thoughts... or do we have continue about the Reek to stay on topic?

queeq out

Darth Daft
I think we'd better. There's bound to be some other Boba Fett topics where you can discuss it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.