i have discovered a vergence in the force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef2
in TPM, QGJ said something along those lines. To which, Mace Windu replied, "centered around a person?"

Ushgarak pointed out in another thread that we dont really know what a vergence is. What is everyones thoughts? The word vergence basically means a point where something focuses. obviously, we can see why that would apply to anakin, or any jedi for that matter. they are stong in the force, hence there is a vergence of the force around that person. i would speculate that mace's comment, "centered around a person?" implies that a vergence can be around objects as well. this could possibly explain why the cave on dagobah is strong with the dark side. it wouldnt be necessary for a sith to have died there, it simply would be a location where the dark side of the force was very strong. hence, yoda hid there to elude the emperor during the jedi perge. as to how obi-wan remained hidden, that is open to even more speculation...

Aquarius87
Wow what a interesting theory
But i think a vergence object,can't think because it doesn't have a mind,so how could it choose between dark and light???

Ratcat
I don't believe we are meant to read more into the word than it's normal meaning.

A focus, or point of intencity.

Your reasoning looks sound to me.

mah
yeah, the norwegian subtitles says about the same as you point out, RC.

Ratcat
Even if I did spell it wrong... embarrasment

Aquarius87
Nothing seems to make sense anymore,eveytime i read something its like reading japanese,even though i'm intelligent,nothing seems to be getting through to me lately.
This subject for example,like did any of you understand what i last wrote,hehe smile roll eyes (sarcastic) .
*Dumbass*
I think i might have some kind of short term ADD???

bigsef2
the ability to speak does not make one intelligent

ToMacco
"short term ADD"? More like long term evil face

Aquarius87
Right....

bigsef2
anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

queeq
Let it verge.

bigsef2
does anyone else have something INTELLIGABLE to say on the subject?

queeq
Verge on.

bigsef2
GRRRRRRRRRRRR

yerssot
*in Austin Powers voice*
Ow behave!

jedi212guy
Based on Mace's comment, I would say that there can be a vergence in the Force around things other than people.

bigsef2
in that case, yoda need not kill a sith in the cave on dagobah in order to hide from the emperor. he simply found a place where there was a dark side "vergence" and hid there

Ratcat
What did Yoda say?

'The Force binds all living things.'

Nuff said.

bigsef2
Yes, but the rock luke was moving was NOT a living thing. Neither was Lukes X-wing. It all depends on your defination of "binds" but there are PLENTY of living things at any given place, unless your talking about some random point in deep space. the cave on Dagobah has alot of plant and animal life.

burton1b
I believe a vergence is more like a reaction to something else happening in the force. In this case it was something very evil. The force reacted by impregnating Anakin's mother. To create something to balance the evil.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by burton1b
To create something to balance the evil.

...to bring balance the force. not to balance against evil.

oh who cares, the sith are coming back for ep7 even after the chosen one fulfilled the prophesy and destroyed them, so there really is no longer point in debating this crap. smh

Lord Lucien
At least Disney has the chance to sweep aside that stupid prophecy subplot BS.

queeq
It died with Anakin anyway.

Lord Lucien
Maybe they'll retcon it and establish that it was all a Sith trick or something. And that Anakin wasn't space Jesus, he was just a dude that made for a wicked distraction from the real evil plans. Sounds stupid, but if the Sith are coming back anyway I hope it's at least a useful kind of stupid.

queeq
Hehehe... good point.

focus4chumps
i will forgive crappy star wars sequels, even riddled with derpy slapstick cgi cartoon animals, fart/poop jokes, and nonsensical plot holes...if disney will only reinvest in space combat simulation games.

Lord Lucien
Yeah actually, f*ck the movies. If they invest in some b*tchin' games it'll all be worth it.

Ushgarak
The upcoming Galactic Starfighter expansion to The Old Republic is the first move they've made in that direction in years- it actually appears to have the same basic power management mechanics as the X-Wing series. Hopefully it is successful.

That said, there was apparently a space fighter game in development for the Wii U, but it got cancelled when the Disney sale happened.

focus4chumps
never played old republic but i might have to when that comes out.

queeq

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.