Anakin/Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gotwa
If Vader says "I must, obey my Master." .. Why does he disobey Obi-wan in Episode II as Anakin? o.o

Lyn
Maybe he respects Palpatine...?? I'm not sure.

Gotwa
He does, but he respected Obi-Wan, no?

§pearhead
dark side training sith stuff? i dunno

Fallen Jedi
Because he's goint through those dark adolescent years of being a troubled and rebellious teen. There's also the fact that he's a guy and like any other guy his age, he got some uncontrollable hormones, especially whenever the matter is related to Padme.

Okay, I was just rambling on for the fun of it. stick out tongue I don't really know if what I said even applies.

yerssot
in EpII Obi-Wan is his master, in the OT it's the emperor, that's not difficult messed

Gotwa
Dude..

He didn't obey Obi-Wan, but he did the Emperor.. I know they were both Masters, but why one and not the other?

yerssot
again... in EpII he obeyed OB1, his master at that time
in the OT, he obeyed the emperor, his master at that time

Gotwa
Dude.. he promised Padme that he would find the killer, when Obi-Wan said no. -.-

Julie
maybe he bacame more loyal....dark side and such

Gotwa
Dark side was basically a major craving of power.....

yerssot
that's cause he got feelings for her, that's the entire point!
but you fail to mention those ten years before EpII where he probably was a good padawan
if he really didn't listen, why would he go and save OB1? he's like a father to him so of course, from time to time he doesn't listen and most of the time he does, just as with the emperor! ("I told you to wait on the commandship!"wink

VengeanceGOD
Here's the thing though: Vader says "You don't know the power of the dark side" before that. He's implying in that speech that the emperor has power over him. Basically, he's saying "I don't WANT to obey him, but I must." When he was Anakin, he had a choice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.