Tell me some good games to play

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theflyingmonkey
i just started playing games, i mean before id play fighting games and such, but im wondering what games should i buy and get
I started Final fantasy X and i love it!!!!!
I got FF8, is that a good one?
Any good games i should try, please tell me cause i love the gaming world and ps2 motto

"Live in your world, Play in ours!"

Linkalicious
probably should specify which system you're using but yeah FF8 is a pretty good game. IMO it's just like FF7 except the graphics are better and the story isn't quite as good.

SaTsuJiN
Try soul calibur 2 since you said you liked fighting games. Also I recommend Metal Gear Solid 2 : Sons of Liberty (story wasnt as good as first one, but its just a very fun and solid game. Lots of phreaky stuffs too O_o).

Guilty Gear X2 for the fighting game fan

Dance Dance Revolution : Max and Max 2 (I like this game so stick out tongue )

Shinobi, a nice fun slash fest in an arcade fashion

Twisted Metal : Black , if you havent played it already

Amplitude , very nice game concept. Music/rhythm game

Play FFX-2 after you're done with X, heh

Trickster
HALO!!!!!!!!!!
And Rainbow Six 3 if you have an xbox. GTA Vice City for the PS2, or erm i dunno any others
Zelda for the Gamecube, Burnout 2 etc...
PC - Shogun Total War, freelancer...

Dunno what console - Dead or Alive (xbox i think)

Trickster
SSX3!!!! Forgot about that one!

SaTsuJiN
Erm.. does he only have ps2?.. thats why my list is limited. I 'would' like to know if he has more than just ps2 ~_-

tptmanno1
KOTOR
Call of Duty
Age of Mytology and Titans expantion
They are all pc games sry

Trinity_Matrix
Yes!!! DDR!!! I love to play DDR, and I promise you, that game is addicting. Also Karaoke Revolution, another very addicting game...Age of Empires is fun, so is the Sims, lessee, what else...if you're not averse to violence you can't go wrong with Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City...Metal Gear Solid, of course...fighting-wise I'd recommend Soul Caliber 2, DOA, Tekken (my personal favorite fighting game)...I think I got all my favorites there...

Play FFX-2 once you're done with FFX or you'll be confused...but yes, you have to play FFX-2 big grin And FFVIII is DEFINITELY a game you've gotta play.

theflyingmonkey
Yes i have Xbox and Ps2, I know ive tried Halo and I LOVE IT!
Have any fo yuo tried the game gladius that game kicks ace!

Lord_Andres
LOTR Return of The King
War of The Ring
Doomsday
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2
Morrowind
Serious Sam
Unreal Tournament1 and 2003
Age of Emperies 1 and 2
Vietcong
Dune2000
Quake series
Heroes I II and III
those are all good games big grin

LeAtHerRFace
Ps2
Man Hunt
NPS UnderGround
MOH Rising Sun
Pc
Call Of Duty
Counter Strike Condition Zero
Game Cube
Animal Crossing
SSX 3

theflyingmonkey
cool, i heard animal crossing was ok but i dont think i want to go that direction i love blood and action!

Linkalicious
again...what system do you have?! animal cross is on gamecube...and it's supposed to be good, but childish

Tony hawk Pro Skater 2( old one but the best)
THPS 3 is also pretty hot
HALO (best game ever)
Quake (for pc)
All OF THE GTA SERIES(best racing game series ever)
Unreal Tournament(1st one, 2003 isn't worth the time)
Midnight Club I and II

there are a lot more

SilverFighter
I dunno what you have but here are my suggestions:

For X-box: Halo and KOTOR

For gamecube: The Legend of Zelda: the wind waker and Mario Kar

For PC: Rise of Nations

For GBA: Metroid: Zero Mission

For PS2: Jak II

Linkalicious
I agree that tony hawk games totally kick ass....but i gotta say that they only get better with each new release. IMO Underground kicks more ass than any of the Hawk games....but yeah i liked 2 more than 3. goo call

sith_darth_jay
what about

> eternal darkness ( GC )}
> resident evil (any console, but lately GC)
> silent hill (1, 2 or 3. Xbox or playstation 1, 2)

those are awsome, gory, scary games

Shoukan
Resident Evil for Gamecube
Metroid Prime for Gamecube
Metal Gear Solid for PS2
FFX-2 for PS2
True Crime for ALL systems
Halo for XBOX

lots more out there that are awesomebig grin

wicker_man
Call of Duty ~ PC
The Getaway ~ PS2
Alien Vs Predator : Extinction ~ PS2 & X-Box
Battlefield 1942 ~ PC
Battlefield 1942 : Secret Weapons of WW2 {Expansion Pack} ~ PC

§pearhead
messed I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one on this thread who liked that game...look into Tony Hawk Underground, and if you like the LOTR series, at leaast rent ROTK.

DeNiro
Here are my favorites.

Tony hawk one
BLITZ
Star Fox
James Bond on N64
Mario Kart
Mario 64
NBA HangTme
Wayne G. 3D hockey
and Need For speed High stakes and NFS 3

Darth Jello
I am the master of low-tech, how far old school do you think you can go?

Shoukan
atari maybe?

Shoukan
or maybe pong lol

JamalMagloire
I'm looking forward to DRIV3R coming out in March. Ridley Scott produced a really cool short film called "Run the Gauntlet" in conjunction with the release of the game. If the game is half as good as the film, it oughtta be great. Check it out: "Run the Gauntlet"

DracotheDragon
Unreal Tournament 2003 (PS2)!
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)!

EOWYN3
Final Fantasy 7 +
Hot Shots Golf--1, 2, or 3
Parasite Eve

theflyingmonkey
yeah i like melee but i cant get a hold of final fantasy 7

whitedragon
Play Final Fantasy 8 all the way through, its brill, a game I'll never forget. Also Final Fantasy 10 and X2, they are great 2. If your like me and like games with a good story play through the Metal Gear Solid titles. Gran Turismo is great for a brill racing game. For multiplay go for WWE Smackdown titles and Quake Arena.

FWahMaN
Originally posted by Peach
Yes!!! DDR!!! I love to play DDR, and I promise you, that game is addicting. Also Karaoke Revolution, another very addicting game...Age of Empires is fun, so is the Sims, lessee, what else...if you're not averse to violence you can't go wrong with Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City...Metal Gear Solid, of course...fighting-wise I'd recommend Soul Caliber 2, DOA, Tekken (my personal favorite fighting game)...I think I got all my favorites there...

Play FFX-2 once you're done with FFX or you'll be confused...but yes, you have to play FFX-2 big grin And FFVIII is DEFINITELY a game you've gotta play. Wow..you were so much better back then! Happy Dance All hyper and stuff!!

Sorry for bumping. Could not restrain the urge. sad

(I was doing a post search of "Tekken" on you 313)

Some good games to play now:

1. SCIV
2. Tekken 6
3. FFXIII
4. GOW3
5. Bad Company

etc. etc.

MooCowofJustice
6 years. Amazing.

Ridley_Prime
haermm

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by theflyingmonkey
i just started playing games, i mean before id play fighting games and such, but im wondering what games should i buy and get
I started Final fantasy X and i love it!!!!!
I got FF8, is that a good one?
Any good games i should try, please tell me cause i love the gaming world and ps2 motto

"Live in your world, Play in ours!"

If you want to play all of the greatest games you missed out on. here is a good checklist to use when shopping for, PS2 games.

Shadow of the Colossus
Soul Reaver 2
The Suffering
Silent Hill 2
The Warriors
Bully
Ratchet and Clank; Up your Arsenal
Ico
Resident Evil 4
God Of War
Okami
Red Dead Redemption

You've already played one of my favorites...,FFX So you're on your way wink

Evilbigfoot
Lord of the Rings (The Battle for Middle Earth 1,2, and the expansion pack for 2)-PC

Gamecube: Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, James Bond: Nightfire, Lord of the Rings the 3rd Age.

XBox: Knights of the Old Rebublic (1 and 2), I suppose Halo...

Phanteros
This thread was made in 04, guys. I doubt this guy still has a ps2 or is even here.

Demonic Phoenix
Damn, who the hell bumped a 6 year old thread?

FWahMan...gay_rage

FWahMaN
Someone care to show me where it says it's forbidden to bump 2/5/20 year old threads? Since that's what it seems like some are implying. Not like I bumped it for no reason or for a bad one. I listed some good games to play (although yes the guy is probably dead now..). Either way, Peach may come stomping any minute, post something, and close the thread. stick out tongue

6 years old ftw! mad And my name is random, I know!

Blueballs
FFXIII sucks dick, if you're expecting to be as good as previous final fantasies, you will be utterly disappointed.

FWahMaN
...........really?

I suspect bullsh!t 131. Because I messaged all my friends on Live who have the game, and everyone said the same exact opposite..."OMG I'M LOOOOOOOOOVIN' IT!" "Excellent game" etc. etc.

Blueballs
Since when has xbox users ever played previous final fantasies on the PS2 or PS1?

And its my personal opinion you idiot, i was just voicing that out. Good for your "friends" that they liked such a dumb down game, isn't that what the xbox is for?

FWahMaN
Lol, an Xbox hater.

And a guy who assumes people who own a 360 haven't played previous Final Fantasies haermm (Lana/Peach, anyone?).

Oh well, have a nice stay here. I hope you make friends/have fun/etc. etc.

Blueballs
Why not? Considering most xbox tards like you stick to your overrated heater and probably never played any sony platform games.

Oh well, i don't make friends on the internet, i am not as pathetic as you.

No End N Site
Blueballs, Blueballs, Blueballs...clearly...00

FWahMaN
Originally posted by Blueballs
Why not? Considering most xbox tards like you stick to your overrated heater and probably never played any sony platform games.

Oh well, i don't make friends on the internet, i am not as pathetic as you. I pretty much like Sony consoles over Microsoft ones...Microsoft has only Xbox 360 in active mode. Sony still has the PS2, PSP, Go and PS3...

Making friends is not pathetic...having none is. happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.