Super Smash Bros. Melee 2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DracotheDragon
I just heard about a SSBM2 being made! Who thinks this would be a good sequel to SSBM? I do, considering my 2nd fav game ever on the GC is SSBM! I can't wait!

Linkalicious
pfft...what characters would this involve? because if its the same boring nintendo characters i think this would be a waste of programming.

TrAnCeDuO
ill play as long as they got marth roy ness and a ff character^_^

DracotheDragon
I don't know what its gonna contain, but I've heard its being made.

Steven
Well it better have some kind of new gameplay....

LanceWindu
I doubt it will be much different than the last one.

The same characters, just different levels.

Linkalicious
It should have leveling up like all the recent street fighter games...and have special moves....just like street fighter. I think i'd be interesting to see what each special attack looked like.

sith_darth_jay
it can't have that cuz is nintendo, remember?

J/K wink

i hope they make it better this time, and not just the same crap, with differents scenarios (like the previous two)... or it will be a waste of time, money,... etc, like zelda: majora's mask.. that one was bull..

§pearhead
You know what would be awesome? You take a bunch of characters from a bunch off different games and consoles...but that wouldn't work cuz of the licsensing crap. But it would be a good idea.

sith_darth_jay
that'll be great!.... although not likely to ever happen

SaTsuJiN
What you've heard is most likely a silly fanboy made rumor. Have you noticed how long it took for melee to come out? With all honesty, its most likely they'll come out with a new smash bros game for the NEXT console. However I dont think theres a chance another melee game will arrive for the cube. Dont expect anything new if it does happen though, its too soon from the pior title to gain any new gameplay elements.

DracotheDragon
I didn't hear it from a fanboy, because I'm a fanboy (I didn't make it up), and that is what I've heard, so don't jump down my throat.

SaTsuJiN
noone was jumping down your throat, I was displaying a few theories on why its unlikely what you've heard is true.

you didnt hear it, but its what you've heard? uhkay... just dont jump the gun and claim Im raggin on you, its a discussion, and this is an unproven rumor. Dont be surprised to find people who disagree that theres any truth to it (like myself) stick out tongue

if they do they better use the metroid prime version of samus, cuz that design is awesome

Darth Jello
I hope they resurrect Pit like they were going to for the last one. My dream list of characters:Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Peach, Bowser, Samus, Link, Captain Falcon, Ness, Ganondorf Dragmire, Kirby, Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff.
Hidden Characters:Mr. Game & Watch, Pit (kid icarus), Ridly, Mandrag Ganon, Zelda/shiek, Mike Jones (startropics), Zoda (Startropics), Lolo, Lala, Dr. Mario, Wart
Bosses:Master Hand, Cyber Bowser, Smithy

Linkalicious
no way...i'm jumpin down your throat...because i'm an ass so deal with it. Sick em Satsu...grrrr

juggernaut26
if there is one i would pay 100 bucks to get it

JKozzy
Add Isaac, Felix, and company from Golden Sun and TLA to it!! big grin
Another reason to get a GC...wink

Darth Jello
Pit almost got in the last one as a character and then they just dropped him at the 11th hour!!!

TrAnCeDuO
i heard the same about ness

Linkalicious
i don't care who the hecks in it, i just hope there are lots and lots of characters so you can do a royal rumble-ish mode where like 20+ character get involved in the fight...obviously not at 1 time, but it should be a long fight (and if they have that in melee...don't castrate me, i don't have it yet.)

DracotheDragon
Jeez, what is it with you people? It may be a rumor, it may be true, but who cares? I just want a new SSBM game to play, the one out now is getting a little boring...

TrAnCeDuO
and i agree...and besides...there are thousands of inane threads like this....not like another will hurt.....and besides these leave you with the feeling of"hey...it might actually happen"

SaTsuJiN
the characters were imbalanced hehe, Roy was the fastest and most damaging character when it came to hardcore rumbles. Also I was thinking they needed more and newer powerups from the oldschool dayz

and they screwed samus over by lessening her damage each time she used charge shot, each consecutive charge shot after that was weaker by 5 points or so and leveled out at about 15 damage as opposed to her starting 25 points of damage

TrAnCeDuO
but lets not forget that roy can damage himself as well...and hes light as hell and easy to knock out....thats why i choose all around guys like marth...

The Force
but of course falco rock'd the party anywayz stick out tongue wink

LeAtHerRFace
SSBM sucked. Although Nintendo Gamecube is like a kiddie home entertainment system. The only really gud games are The Resident Evil Series, Zelda Games and some other games. They better make the SSBM 2 worth playing that actually satisfys most players.

DracotheDragon
SSBM satisfied MOST people, but YOU are an exception. Only people that have a hard time doing combos pick Falco. Link is the shiznit!

TrAnCeDuO
if you have a hard time with falco i highly recommend that you dont use marth....im still trying to master him

DracotheDragon
HA! Really.

VengeanceGOD
Marth is the shit, and my best character. I can destroy anyone with him.

Besides him, I've mastered Samus, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff. Yes, Jigglypuff.

The coolest possible thing for the next Smash Bros game would never happen, but it would still be cool: Smash Bros: Mario vs. Sonic. All of the Sega characters vs. all of the Nintendo ones. That would kick ass.

TrAnCeDuO
indeed it would!

Vim
The next super smash should have all the classic charcters from the first two, with luigi, ness and jiggly as already playable characters. Kid icarus, mega man(!), Wario, waluigi and .... i'll be right back... ?

JKozzy
Mmm sounds good! smile Should have Golden Sun chars on there definetly.

VengeanceGOD
Waluigi? Ew. smile

SaTsuJiN
I want the prime version of samus, they better have it for the next smash game >_< or at least a character from phantasy star online, or another sega franchise. That'd be pretty interesting, I mean considering Donkey Kong belongs to rare, I dont see how its impossible

I liked how they did the f-zero stages, I was thinking they should give some homage to mario kart in a similar fashion.

LeAtHerRFace
Link kix ass

VengeanceGOD
Uh no...Donkey Kong belongs to Nintendo. The first appearance of Mario was in a Donkey Kong game, actually. wink It's just that Nintendo liscenced out Donkey Kong to Rare for a couple games.

One thing I really want to see in the next Smash Bros? Less Pokemon.

The Force
watch your mouth draco, i'm good with all characters, but my best is falco, not to mention that he's a top tier. Link is way to slow stick out tongue although he's good, he ain't better than falco

VengeanceGOD
Marth is the fastest and the coolest. Bow down to the Marthage.

homer_clone
I use Roy his attacks rock!

SaTsuJiN
Im pretty sure even in smash melee they give rare a mention(maybe it was for star fox/ falco ?). I know they did for the first smash bros. I figured he was rares now since nintendo didnt do jack with him over the past decade. Its not like nintendo made any donkey kong games. So something must be up, right? Oh well, honestly I dont like DK character much.. Im always up for the medium sized agile characters

P.S. Samus pwnz all n00bz stick out tongue

DracotheDragon
Samus is s h i t compared to link. I pwn with link! Ask trance, I'm good.

SaTsuJiN
tis a shame we cant battle, so we could see if you can back yo' shiz up with some half decent melee'ing

TrAnCeDuO
i know...those jackasses over at nintendo lways make a great system yet they are always one step behind...they shoulda kept it in development a bit longer to expand internet capabilities.......anyways....yes draco is VERY good at link...and samus herself isnt a favorite of mine...but i kinda think of it as a stalemate afterall....both of them have two-three unnessecary b-button moves and both shine in normal a button moves......so i dont really know...

The Force
wow this makes me wanna meet you guys and test your skizzils, but of course the saying in my sig will come true stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
The hatchling shall come from afar, and see too it that the chozo's legacy of whoopass spans across all of your galaxies, Gyahahahahahah~~!!!!

VengeanceGOD
*screams something in Japanese to the extent of "MARTH IS TEH KICKASS!!!"*

DracotheDragon
Hey, I pwn this game, and there are only 2 people that I can't beat as of now, won't give their names though.

VengeanceGOD
*makes a Bring it On motion to Draco*

The Force
well, i most definetily one of them stick out tongue laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
Draco(Link) vs Veng(Marth) vs SaTsu(Samus) vs Force(Falco).....Melee!!!

:: Samus gets nasty ::

TrAnCeDuO
*kicks out force*
*adds myself in with marth*

DracotheDragon
*Link wins!* HA! Beat all of you! *bows* Thank you, thank you, thank you!stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
*shield breaks link*no...i win!

SaTsuJiN
*charges up plasma shot and Ko's them both* Gyahahahaha~~!!

Nightmare
Im jumping back to the topic:

I hope to god that there are no clones. Mario, Luigi and Dr. Mario are nearly the same(only stats differ). Also Gannondorf and Captain Falcon, Pikichu and Pichu, Link and Young Link, Marth and Roy and Fox and Falco. I also would like to see something like Entai, on all fours, also Alex from Eternal Darkness. MArio wih Fludd and Luigi with his vacuum thing. What do you guys think?

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, I hate people who complain about that. It was Nintendo's only way of giving us extra characters, as there wasn't enough memory for more new moves. So they gave us the clones.

And Luigi should definitely have his vacuum thing for grabs.

Myth
How about Birdo? They already put her on Mario Kart so why not Melee.

The Force
oh hell no

*grabs trance by the leg and chucks him off the stage*

*get me and falco back in da game*

*coms out of no where and smash attacks satsujin off the stage*

heehee, i win stick out tongue rock

TrAnCeDuO
*comboes with dancing blade to the force*
sorry but im more into this conversation than you
stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
noooo *uses grapple hook* flies right up behind force with samus' traditional neutral-air A kick *pop*. *waves buh byes to forcie*

*glare @ trance* -.-

TrAnCeDuO
*does marths taunt*

Nightmare
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
Yeah, I hate people who complain about that. It was Nintendo's only way of giving us extra characters, as there wasn't enough memory for more new moves. So they gave us the clones.

I dont care, i would rather have had less charcaters than clones! It was the most dissapointing thing in the game. They could have gave ouginal charcaters because there is lots more memory for them!

The Force
*comes back into the game, grabs samus from behind, throws her down, puts on reflector then backicks samus off the stage, then runs over to trance and does the samus, but spike him off the edge instead of kicks*

stick out tongue to all of ya stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
*uses marth's counter to stop everything you just did*

The Force
can't counter a throw stick out tongue

DracotheDragon
*I come out of nowhere with Link and grab trance with hookshot, throws him down, and spin attacks him out of the game* How 'bout them apples? WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

The Force
haha go draco evil face

TrAnCeDuO
*uses counter on links spin attack*(dont ***** me out about this cuz it is possible)
*uses dancing blade with upperslash cpmbined with dolphin slash to knock out the force*

VengeanceGOD
*smash attacks Trance, who hasn't taken enough damage for it to kill him. Jumps in the air and smashes him again, sending him flying off the screen.*

The Force
*miracuously grabs the ledge then climbs back up and runs over to the other side and edge hogs so that trance can't get back up*

stick out tongue i am THE FORCE

Lord Soth
The one problem I would have with an SSBM2 would be a lack of new characters. A good way to continue the game series would be to add some ne characters from outside the Nintendo world, if they wouldn't get sued for it. Like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, maybe Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. Sonic and Tails and Knuckles probably wouldn't be a problem because Sega practically gone out of business

TrAnCeDuO
nah final fantasy would be better....besides at least square and nintendo are working together again...

SaTsuJiN
they'd probably use crystal chronicle characters lol...

The Force
i wonder how many charcaters there would be, since it wuold be on a new system and stuff

TrAnCeDuO
nah....they would probably use someone like terra or some of the other characters from ff3....

Lord Soth
Some secret characters could be a Pong stick and Frogger!

The Force
no way man, actually frogger would tie in with Game n' Watch

VengeanceGOD
I want the Dog from Duck Hunt. smile

riku999
why the dog

TrAnCeDuO
cuz its invicible!

JKozzy
Terra=FF6
They released it under FF3 in the US but there were twice as many FF's in Japan at the time. The true FF3 still hasnt been released in the US but is rumored to be in development for GBA...

SaTsuJiN
I still think they'd put in CC characters because thier attack and defend interface was over the course of 2 whole buttons.. perfect for the smash melee control scheme big grin

TrAnCeDuO
well ff3 used to be the snes version of ff6...but that was until square switched and came out anthologies...

The Force
i SSB3 they should have it were you can't pick out colors, and costumes yes

TrAnCeDuO
why not!? i loved that feature....my characters are always white or blue...and thats so awesome...besides how else are you supposed to tell one from the other when two people play as the same person?

Lord Soth
Yeah, I think that's a cool feature.....

The Force
oops sorry i meant can embarrasment

TrAnCeDuO
oh ok then....honest mistake...

The Force
yeah, then theres the internet connection, that's be tight to fight some guy from japan

TrAnCeDuO
not to mention you and me ...

JKozzy
But FF3 has never been released, the real FF3, its still in Japan sad
Only rough ROM translations can be found on the 'net.

TrAnCeDuO
....uhh yeah.....which ff are you talking about?(name the storyline)

The Force
well yeah that be just as tight

TrAnCeDuO
think of it...instead of having fights on the forums we could take it out on the games...thatd be awesome...lets not forget kmc parties or tournaments...

JKozzy
FFVI: "Until released at FFVI in FF Anthology, FFVI had only been previously released as FF3 for the SNES. FFVI can also be considered a turning point in the series as it tried on occasion to break into the 3-D world. Many fans of the series notice all kinds of preserved bits of this game in later FF's because this game was such a huge success. "

For FFIII:
"This is the second game also only released in Japan. Unlike its brother, FFII, FFIII might have actually become a bigger classic than FF. It is really too bad that unlike FF and FFII, which are to be released for the Playstation, its going to be released on the GB Advance.

GRAPHICS 3/5

FFIII doesn't have utterly bad graphics. It is almost like what you would see on a Gameboy Color. Like a toned-down palette from FFV.

GAMEPLAY 4.5/5

The gameplay is the standard of FF games of today. Its magic system is that of the Job Classes. Very simple to use and you can find your way around with only a little experimentation.

MUSIC 4/5

FFIII is full of good tunes that stick in your head and you don't mind. Again, they sound better in the soundtrack than in the game.

INGENUITY 2/5

Nothing overly new at this time. Also this was the first FF game to have a major use of Side Quests to further enhance your level of play.

STORYLINE 5/5

The storyline is very involving and complex. Starting to become like the storylines of today. Also the first game to have mini storylines for you to find out. This is also one of the first to not have a set storyline. Now there are several ways to get to the end of the game.

CHARACTER BASIS 3/5

The characters are starting to have a more involving plot with stories of even the NPC's now.

REPLAY VALUE 4/5

Oldschoolers rejoice. This is a good game to spend time on. Several times.

OVERALL 4/5

This is definitely the best game to play of the NES, too bad it wasn't and never will be released in America. "

Here's a link to FF3 MIDIs: http://www.ffgon.com/ff3midis.shtml

More storyline, this time from http://www.ffextreme.com/ff3.php

"Story:In even at this megaseism of the time it passes mere sign unless. The earth it drags the crystal which is source of light of the world deeply and is packed and produces demon even the big tremble where if you compare to those which it visits from now on being wee ones, it is.

Is, but, desire still it is lost,
Four souls probably receive revelation to light being are
Everything starts from there.

4 boys regard and with in the senior To father of village " Ur " of the remote region raise.
Doing to the cave where the crystal sinks to the earth in the megaseism and can turn to there it starts 4 people do exploration feeling little courage useless and intention it is.

Review: Final Fantasy III was never release to no one other than japan. The game is over 10 years old and some people don't care if did come out to United State or Japan because with the internet they can download on the interent for free called a "rom". I don't really care if illgel or not, not like anyone going to buy it. Anyways got that off my chest.

Final Fantasy III would be last Final Fantasy game on Nes with its 6 bit graphics. The game is like Final Fantasy V where you can choose jobs. The thing about the game your characters don't have names at the beginning of the game you got to name them all so if you think about it the characters dont have names like Cloud that everyone would know."

Not sure if this images are from FFIII or FFVI... but I'll post anyway.
http://www.ffmaniacs.com/ff3/imgff3/tio.jpg
http://www.squarenet.info/gfx/ff3/review/ff3_logo.gif
http://www.ffsymphony.net/tracklists/images/ff3eternal.jpg

TrAnCeDuO
*sigh*not to say that your wrong kozzy but...i dont think your seeing where im coming from(after all this is very easy to mix up)but i think this movie will explain EVERYTHING...(wait for the bridge scene)

http://www.razoric.com/flashtoons.php?filename=ff3spoof.swf&width=500&height=400

The Force
um *cough*supersmashbros3*cough* whistle

TrAnCeDuO
hee hee... yeah i know...we are getting a bit off topic....but yeah having a kmc smash bros tournament would be so awesome embarrasment

The Force
yeah that would be so tight rock

JKozzy
Haha, that's great. And that's exactly what I was trying to say. I already typed this before I watched it, but I know that, I was just trying to convey that message.
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
well ff3 used to be the snes version of ff6...but that was until square switched and came out anthologies... <= That's where I got confused, I thought you were saying that FFIII was in the U.S.... my b stick out tongue
I'm just.. actually I'm not sure where this topic is derrived from, but long story short the FFIII that was released here was FFVI in Japan. When they released FF Origins, etc, in the US, they renamed the FFIII in the US to FFVI, because that was its Japanese number. There were three missing games, FFII, FFIII, and FFV, that werent released in the US, which lead FFIV to be called FFII and FFVI to be called FFIII. With the release of FFVII, they had to rename the previous ones and tell everyone about the Japanese counterparts that weren't in the US yet. Final Fantasy II was released in the US in FF Origins, and in FF:Anthology FFV was finally released for the first time in the US, along with the previous FFIII which was now the FFVI that we know of today. FFIII from Japan still hasn't arrived onto U.S. shores, I might be repeating what you already know but I dunno how to respond. Sorry about the off-topicness too. embarrasment

TrAnCeDuO
its understandable....i think square enix is to blame for naming the two games the same thing....(just thinking about this can make ya go crosseyed)anyways i think i would fare pretty good in the kmc tournaments(if it were to happen) but i dont think i would reach the top...

JKozzy
If a KMC tournament ever went down, that'd be awesome. I'd lose, but I think the network should allow others to see the fight, that's be awesome cool

TrAnCeDuO
or have a record option like the game starcraft where we can record our matches..

JKozzy
That'd be so cool. I think we should all go work for Nintendo and make this happen stick out tongue

The Force
or a replay button, and that would be tight if you could watch other ppl fight, also camera mode can be more, spiced up i guess

Lord Soth
That'd be sweet!

SaTsuJiN
that would be awesome if Advent cloud and sephiroth were in super smash melee 2......

DracotheDragon
Hey, sorry I haven't replied in awhile, had probs getting on. I didn't bother reading the 3 pages of replies in here, what's been going on?

The Force
*cough* well of course i'd own you all wink

gls
you know, theres always the old rumors of Sonic and friends making an appearance... Yuji Naka even showed intrest in doin that.
It would be cool to have sonic vs. mario. Sonic would kick ass

The Force
yes indeed smokin'

DracotheDragon
????

The Force

DracotheDragon
Yet again, ????

Xed
I hope to god theres unloackable costumes like different samus suites.
Character wise i really don't know. Maybe if they ad in Joanna Dark and Conker from Conker's bad fur day.

gls
they can't. they're owned by Rare which is owned by microsoft.

GhostKirby
Please go to my profile to see a site that shows ssbm2.

The Force
dude i don't see a link

Myth
Yeah, I don't know what you are talking about GK.

DracotheDragon
What in the HELL people? EXPLAIN WTF IS GOING ON IN HERE PLEASE! I haven't had the chance to reply in awile, and I'm not reading the previous pages, I don't have the time to!

The Force
i you still talking about the sonic thing?

DracotheDragon
? I need to know what... NEVER MIND!!! People are so ignorant!

The Force
but we don't even know what you are asking

gls
yea ya freakin tweaker. read the posts if you want to know that bad.

DracotheDragon
I don't have the time, Is it hard for you people to understand what the simple phrase What is going on in here means? That's all I asked and you people can't even say something like, "We've been talking about what kind of characters should be in SSBM2." I ask a simple question and can't even get a simple answer. Plus, everytime I come to this site, I get constantly bombarded with popups I want to scream! I just simply wanted to know what was going on without having to close down 50 popups to do so. Just tell me... Or can't you people do something simple?

VengeanceGOD
No. Read the posts you lazy bastard. wink

Ness
hahahha ya your no differant DracotheDragon

The Force
ugh roll eyes (sarcastic) we were just talking about how tight it would be to have sonic in the next game

gls
yea sonic would be great in it though. so would NiGHTS (search on the internet if you don't know who i'm talkin about)

DracotheDragon
THANK YOU! Now, Sonic would be OK in the next game, but I think Spyro should be in the next game. He'd kick a s s!

VengeanceGOD
I had the best idea ever:

Super Smash Bros 3: Mario vs Sonic Online

The Force
i could see that, spryo versus pikachu

sparkeyknitt
I do think they will come out with a Super Smash Bros Melee 2. They came out with 5 mario partys. They should at least come out with another SSBM. I would like to see a couple chars they are Bomberman, Megaman, Diddy Kong, and Wario. Also they should have some mini games to play like , Pac man , Tetris , Dr mario and etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.