Monty Python's Flying Circus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
This is without a doubt one of the funniest non-sitcom comedies that Britain has ever produced, its just so surreal and twisted but at the same time very hilarious, Cleese, Idle, Palin, Jones, Gillam and Chapman (RIP) really brought the show to life. And the show produced now legendary sketches including the dead parrot sketch & the society of silly walks not to mention my personal favorites 'how not to be seen' and 'self defence against a man brandishing....a piece of fruit'.
Any other fans out their ???

badkittykitty
wow,how did I not see this..I love monety python thier comedy is timeless! the holy grail is mine and my fathers all time favorite movie! Im thinking of getting copies of the show for him for his birthday!

Ushgarak
Ooh! Ooh! Meeeee! Meeeee!

Look far enough back in the forums and you will see myself and Edna doing the entire Cheese shop sketch...

Phoenix
I've seen the movies, but not many of the original tv series...

wicker_man
The series is alot like the fourth movie And Now For Something Completely Different very surreal and hilariously funny.

Phoenix
I've seen bits... Like, I saw the 30 years celebration evening...

Ushgarak
Actually... I mean, ANFSCDS was just a rephash of sketches for an American audience... the film that is most like the series is Meaning of Life, which in many ways was simply an extended sketch show pretedning to be built around a concept.

wicker_man
I always thought Meaning of Life was the poorest of the series, ANFSCD was just a compilation of a series of sketches (hence the title) that is why i compare it more to Flying Circus.

Ushgarak
John Cleese thinks that as well but I am a defender of MoL; the reason it is the poorest film is precisely because it is so much more like the tv series (which worked better at 30 minutes)

wicker_man
I am unsure why this film never appealed to me, although in its saving grave the short intro involving the business pirates has to be one of the funniest film intros i have ever seen.

Dogbert
hmm...i dun think i have even seen this...i always see TV commerecials for it, but i never ordered it sad

wicker_man
It is definitely worth a look, failing that try to catch one of the movies particularly And Now For Something Completely Different which is in the same vein as Flying Circus.

Phoenix
I think the reason MoL was such a poor film was because it WASN'T a film - it was a tv show that ran on too long! big grin

wicker_man
Well in saying that And Now For Something Completely Different was also no more then a collection of clips thrown together to make a movie and unlike Meaning of Life did not have any story plot what so ever, however i throughly enjoyed And Now For Something Completely Different.

thorncrawler
i love monty p ython its incredable, i have done the dead parott, cheese shop, the lumberjack song, nudge nudge wink wink and the four yorkshirmen sceches!

Reneekittycat
Monty Python's Flying Circus was the best thing to come out of England, with the possible exception of my husband of course. My favorite skits are The Lumberjack Song and Dead Parrot. Their comedy is classic. rolling on floor laughing

Happy Dance
Renee

Ushgarak
Phoe and I appear to be in absolute agreement on this.

msj_shanks
monty python are the funnyist men in british comedy history.
i espesially love monty python and the holy grail.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.