More Movies After The Original Triologie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mujaffa
does anybody know if lucas is planing more triologies after episodeIII??????????? confused rolling on floor laughing

JediOasis
no, he is not. He now claims there are no last 3 episodes and that ROTJ is how it was ment to end. Which makes sense, its Anakin story.

King Jedi
He doesn't have any plans to but I think he might change his mind.
He says he has lots of films he wants to make. But how can any of them compete with making a SW movie?

Ushgarak
The safe bet these days is that he won't. There isn't anything more to say, anyway.

queeq
One word: NONE!

Captain REX
But what if he did? Do you think he would make another space themed war movie?

Ratcat
I doubt he will, my bet is he will retire from directing after Episode-III.

master harmax
Besides it wouldn't make sense to make another Space / Sci Fi movie - how are you going to top Star Wars ?

But I always wondered - If ROTJ is the last movie, that leaves Luke as the last surviving Jedi .... what a shame huh ? No jedi council, no padawans ... what would you do if you were Luke ? Start all over from scratch hunting for 5 year olds who are strong with the force ? And then maybe after 20 years you produce a new generation of Jedi, by which time you're already old and over the hill ? And what are you going to do in the meanwhile - as the only Jedi there is little you can do all by yourself to " preserve peace and order in the galaxy " ...

It would be cool if Lucas was to introduce the theme of re-incarnation or something ... I wonder what Yoda would come back as .....

Ratcat
I think the EU has that covered off.

TeCk-IcE
I think he actually will make some more star wars....he will change his mind.

bigsef2
he will be 80 years old. he wont change his mind

TeCk-IcE
hehe....well...If you put it that way

Captain REX
Let's hope some new trilogy from some new director will come in the future, but we can only hope...

Aquarius87
George is as Stubborn as a mule with no legs when it comes to decisions.Trust me,he'll never change his mind,he has made the right choice anyway..6 is enough,he's only human.He needs to spend more time with his family i think,maybe his son jet could do it for YOU fans out there who want an extra 3 to keep your boring lives entertained (no affence). big grin But i strongly doubt it.

And anyway,he said he will make other movies,isn't that good enough...something Different???

ToMacco
I'm sorry, but I think they will make three more. Lucas said since day 1 that it was a nine part story. Wether or not he directs or writes the next three is for anyone to say.

But we're talking about several billion dollars here. Executives will convice him to be a part of three more.

This is just my opinion. I don't even think he SHOULD do three more, but I'm positive that he will.

Ratcat
Doubtful, 20th Century Fox don't hold any rights over Star Wars anymore, except for ANH.

yerssot
just shus! No nine movies, the man told it himself

Darth Ninja
In the very beginning . . . Star Wars was to be twelve episodes. GL though that was too much so he chopped it down to nine and later to six.

master harmax
He won't make 3 more ... Aquarius87 put it nicely - he'll need some timeout after episode 3 and I don't think he's going to make 3 more movies to keep our boring lives entertained.
And if he's not going to do it I don't think anyone else should either ... StarWars is Lucas' baby and I don't think anyone else would have his vision for this story - they might just mess up a good thing in trying to carry on from where he left off - this ain't exactly James Bond.

I haven't had the chance to check out Expanded Universe - it's difficult to get those kinds of things in India - damn shame.

yerssot
Copyright of GL, the name Star Wars, lightsabre etc. are trademarks, Lucasfilm is a company...
Nobody can mess with Sw!

SilentMike
I don't know if he should produce anymore different movies anybody remember "Howard the Duck"

Darth Ninja
I liked the restaurant scene when the overlord alien got pissed and later when he blew up the cars (while sitting in a truck) with energy bolts from his eyes.

Captain REX
That sounds interesting.

Ushgarak
It was never literally 12 episodes. it was nine episodes, but GL also said three other films could be made that told some other stories, mostly character related. But he dumped that idea pretty fast.

ToMacco
'Howard the Duck". That was a great movie. Those monsters at the end were pretty damn scary! sad eek!

Darth Ninja
A lightsaber woud've made short work of them . . .

TeCk-IcE
Howard the duck rocks, dude!!!!!

SilentMike
Unless he finally produces Indy 4 yeahhhh! Howard the Duck still sucks anybody remember his love scene with that chick from Back to the Future, pretty messed up.

ToMacco
I thought it was cool

King Jedi
It was, but like Willow it didn't know if it wanted to be a kids film or an adult film.

Star Wars and Indy are the only times Lucas has got the balance right.

If he doesn't make any more SW he's still direct other films. He's already said that he'll do that.

Gundark
GL, Spielberg and Ford are still discussing Indy4. Harrison said he will do it only if he really likes the script.

Yes, there were originally nine stories....I don't think GL will get to them. He's getting too old. And look how old Hamill and Fisher will be. And Ford won't touch it. Better be content with six, boys and girls.

EU is all you've got.

yerssot
That is NOT very reassuring

King Jedi
Do you really think Harrison Ford would be able to say no? He's not exactly made great films in the past few years. And Star Wars is his kind of movie just like Indy.
If Lucas went to him tommorow and said I'm going to make three more Star Wars films and I want you to be in them, I don't think he could turn him down.

Mujaffa
Howard the Duck is a stupid movie
seen it once, and say hello too a real Donald Duck.......... where's Mickey Mouse and Goofy???? laughing out loud

yerssot
You haven't much fate in actors here huh?

Julie
Yerssot, What's wrong with EU?????

yerssot
it doesn't count as cannon

ryamathart
i think there should be more movies i mean the starwars universe is so big and theres so much that lots of people dont know about and what about luke and han and all them. Theres so much stuff left to be told

but do think lucas will actually let anyone else make starwaars movies?

Ushgarak
He seems very reluctant to.

Yeah, it IS a big universe, which is what makes the EU possible, but really he just wanted a rich setting for a singular story. That's the problem with making more; once ep. iii is done he has said what he wanted to say and done what he wanted to do.

yerssot
we don't want to be like star trek do we? so 6 movies, no series?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.