Old Vader... well, why not?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
I see lots of posts around the net discussing what Vader's costume will look like. The general consensus is that it will not look like the costume from the OT.

Well, why not? It IS Darth Vader. Why can't the costume in EIII look like the one from the OT?

In my opinion, it SHOULD look identical. How do you identify Darth Vader? By the costume! I'll tell you, I'll be pretty bummed if I don't see that costume coupled with that voice.

cornponious

The One Part 2
The idea is to show how technology has evolved from the prequels to the originals. Hopefully it will look very similar if not exactly like the original costume. I am right there with in the hope nothing will be changed.

yerssot
to be quite clear and bold about this cornponious:

Cause Trish (the one that makes the costumes) said in a Hyperspace Chat that the costume will NOT be the same
it has some minor differences

Member.
it will have to look less advanced than the OT one...lol

cornponious
My point is, WHY DOES IT have to look less advanced? Droids obviously didn't change in the years between the OT and the prequels. The x-wings and TIE fighters didn't improve any during the 3 movies of the OT.

So what's-her-name said there would be differences. So friggin' what? That's not a reason, just a statement. I'm saying that when that helmet goes on, it better damn well be OT Vader or i'll be pissed. And bummed. And sad.

cornponious

yerssot
see, Anakins hand got cut off, and he gets a shiney butt-ugly metal version and in the OT he has this fully mechanical arm,
luke even got a new hand which looked pretty normal

you think that when they have to make ugly shiney metal arms, they can make the DV costume out of scratch making it look exactly like the old one? there are 18-19 perhaps 20 years between EpIII and ANH, technology changes and they emphasis on this

The One Part 2
How do you know droids didn't change? You really only get to see older droids walking around (Jawas and Jabba's palace). The TIE fighters and X-Wings weren't even around during the prequels. It is my understanding that Lucas want to show the difference between the renaissance of the Republic and the war machine of the Empire. Technology has changed in the time between Ep 3 and ANH. Vader is going to have the most technologically advanced suit, so it would have to change over the 20+ between films.

yerssot
well, R2 didn't change, nor did 3PO
but I am curious to know what happened to those droids on Tatooine that did the car-driving thingie messed

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, but R2 and 3PO are supposed to be old models.

While I agree with the technology needing improvement, I'm at a loss as to how Vader would upgrade his armor. If he takes it off, he dies.

yerssot
well, perhaps he has a high-pitched voice and he gets a better voice-module in ANH wink

Lyn
laughing

hana_skywalker
I agree with "The One Part 2", technology must have improved between the Trilogies. In my opinion, Vader's costume will not be identical to the OT one.

VengeanceGOD
Oh god...THANK you Yerss. Now I have this image of Vader talking like he just sucked a bunch of helium.

laughing out loud

yerssot
sorry aboot that VGOD, I got the same image stuck in my head laughing out loud

Vegeta13
yip i agree as well, technology would have improved...

Member.
thus ep3 vader costume less advanced looking.l

Rebel Racer
i hope it looks at least recognizable

Darth Jello
back when I was under suttle's spell and htought the costume would be completely different I really wanted it to be completely different and monsterous. My ideal costume would be the same mask design going around his head. the rest of the body would be gold and kind of droid looking, only very flexible. the cables attatched to his back in the ROJ electricution scene would be exposed as would wiring between his joints and two breathing tubes going from the sides of his mask to the small of his back. the armor would be cover with spikes, especially the shoulder. I imagined him fighting 10 jedi at a time, running up walls and cielings etc. alas it shall not be...

Lyn
laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

yerssot
Highpitched Vader:

(132 KB)

http://users.skynet.be/yodajammies/vaderpitch.mp3

cornponious
Good'ern!!

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Rebel Racer
lol, i love makin those kinds of things

Member.
make vader costume less advanced.

The One Part 2
I think the helmet will look similar, but the armor with be different.

Darth Jello
actually that vader sound clip sounds more like Durge on a helium covered planet

yerssot
it's a normal vader-clip with the pitch wide open though

Darth Jello
I know, I know, I'm just saying

VengeanceGOD
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's amazing.

padme wanna be
Im really glade there useing Hyden for Darth Vader because in the OT his voice was macanical. I mean correct me if Im wong but falling into lava wouldnt chage your voice. I mean really! wink

Member.
unless the ur vocal chords get damaged. and the voice in the OT sounded "mechanical" was because he was talking thru this breath-aid thingy.

Darth Jello
vader suffers from volcanosis, this is lung and vocal damage from inhaling volcanic ash. his natural voice was damaged and is too quite and raspy, thus requiring mechanical augmentation

Member.
...basically what i said in more context. yea, there's ur reason. padme wanna be, u don't like it?

yerssot
well, your mechanical voice will return in the form of James Earl Jones his voice wink

darth rep
With the advent of the Empire, technology must have advanced in some areas, say military where it might have been held back in others. Boba uses the same ship as Jango, Slave One. The Falcon is old but modified. The "public" sector in the star wars galaxy probably didn't benefit from the advances in technology because the Empire didn't want it in the hands of its enemies.

Having said that... I doubt that Vader wore the same suit for 20+ years. I think the Ep 3 suit should resemble the OT suit but with enough changes to see that it advanced as time went by.

yerssot
that's what trish already said matey

Darth Jello
GL said that we'd see "elements" of vader's suit in episode 3. I wonder if that confirms the rumor that he will be partially frankensteined from parts of grievous

yerssot
or that guy from the techno union

Darth Jello
watt tambor? no, all his species wear pressure suits, they're environmental, not prosthetic

yerssot
kill one get his vocoder

amity75
It has to be different to the original because theres action figures to be sold.

darth rep
amity75 hit the nail on the head.

amity75
I'd like the new Vader to have a hood on his cloak and it would be cool if we didn't see his helmet/face until the very last scene whene he removes his hood.

cornponious
KILLER COOL! Email it to Supershadow and he'll forward it to Lucas!!

wink

eek!

creentombo krickious

amity75
Haha! You know somethin? I'm gonna do that right now and see if he posts it!

Putte
I hate supershadow..........:shakes:

Lyn
Everyone does... laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.