Tron 2.0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Just found this link over at Cinescape.Com

Looks like a possible sequel to TRON may well be in the works?

http://www.tronkillerapp.com

This link may make your PC look like it is doing some pretty freaky things, but it is all part of the presentation.

Enjoy!

TeCk-IcE
What was the point with that link?

confused

ToMacco
No one likes Tron

Dim
Yep..I think it's one of those universal truths.

Edna Witch
Uh hum! Beg to differ. Hate to be the ugly duckling here but i rather liked Tron actually! Thought it was a great film!

ToMacco
Actually, I've never seen it, so I shouldn't bash it. sad

Ratcat
In 1982 it was prety cutting edge stuff, 20 years on and it does look terrible. It was one of the first movies to use CGI, albeit in a very crude way.

I would never underestimate just how much current movie making technology owns to movies like Tron.

And to say it is UNIVERSALLY UNLIKED is right up there with saying that everyone hated TPM, and we all know what we think of THOSE people... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Is Bruce Boxleitner in the new one?

finti
hope not ,he can stick with Bab 5

Ushgarak
He was in the original, see.

finti
I know, with Jeff Bridges. Still I hope he stick with Bab 5

Dim
Still not thinking it's a worthwhile story to pursue..

ToMacco
Jeff Bridges should make another "Big Lebowski" instead of "Tron"

Edna Witch
But I can't see what story there is to tell in a second Movie. I mean it didn't really leave much room for a sequal did it?

King Jedi
Finti I'm going to make a comparison to another film so relax.big grin

Does anyone think Tron is similar to The Matrix?

Edna Witch
Not really. The matrix was about Humans being made to believe they were living a life that they were not. Kind of virtual reality where as Tron was about computer programmes that had been created and were controlled by humans. Kind of the opposite really in a way. Matrix was Machines controlling humans and Tron was Humans controlling computer programmes. Well that was until a user actually got into the system. Well it has been a long time since I saw Tron anyway might have that kind of twisted!

Ushgarak
Yeah, only superficially similar to The Matrix.

As for continuing the story- well, David Warner is still alive, isn't he? In REAL life (in the film, as opposed to the computer bit where he got a disc in the head), in any case.

He's alive in REAL real life as well, of course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.