On the offical site,a cloning hint?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
On the StarWars.Com Epi.II page you see those circle things next to photos,cast,etc.Are those cloning tanks?

Darth Daft
Ya know, that's what I've always thought! You can see little ladders on the pods leading to entrance hatches. I think it would be cool if that big factory-like area is a cloning facility.

theEviljedi
I was waiting for someone to responed to this.After all I posted it 3 months ago.

Dim
I think they're storage tanks of some kind..but I don't think they're used for cloning..Those ladder things are too small. IMO

King Jedi
Can someone please tell me where this idea of cloning factories came from? Who wants to see clones being made right in the middle of Ep2? Not me.

Dim
We might not see clone being made...we just see the place then OB1 kicks some clonetrooper butt...works for me smile

Darth Daft
Why are the ladders too small? Perhaps the pods just have to be really big like that to store loads of energy to feed into the clone or something.

Dim
It still doesn't seem like a very efficent design..I would think a cloning facility would need to conserve space...but hey! This is SCI-FI right? Who knows..

Xizor
The clone factories should be on Mandalore. Have I gone over this before?

Dim
laughing out loud Yes..but you might want to share you theory with the new guys...

Darth Daft
Someone told me that cloning and the clone wars wouldn't be seen until Episode 3, as this would be a good time for the Jedi to be wiped out.

Dim
Really? everything I've heard indicates that we'll see it in EP2...

Darth Daft
Well has Lucas actually confirmed it yet? I don't know if he has actually stated that we definately would be seeing them in Episode 2.

Dim
Hmmmm, I don't think it's be offically confirmed yet, no..Unless it was in the new SW Insider..

Darth Daft
Perhaps they'll take place over both films. Most wars last for years after all.

Dim
Very true...I think that would be most likely.

Darth Daft
Is it still unknown exactly what the Clone Wars are, or does someone know? Are the clones confirmed to be Stormtroopers fighing against the Jedi or are they meant to be Mandalorians?
Anyone know?

Ratcat
I'm guess there will be some clones in there somewhere. smile

Darth Daft
Yes, that would be the most obvious thing. But were they mentioned much in the first drafts for Star Wars?
And isn't there a book called "The Essential Chronology of Star Wars" that has information about the wars?

Ratcat
Yes, I nearly bought it when I was on vacation. I had a quick flick through and there's a lot in there. Amazon sell it both Stateside and in the UK.

Darth Daft
I haven't seen it over here yet. I really want to read it, but I haven't even seen it in WH SMITHS. laughing out loud

theEviljedi
Barnes and Noble has it.

Darth Daft
I'm not sure if they have that in the UK.

Ratcat
WHSmiths have it, but normally only the bigger ones. Waterstones or any of the other big book shops. You can order through Amazon or BOL as well.

Darth Daft
I don't order stuff on the internet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.