Longest fight scene ever?... GET REAL!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
As if! Twelve minutes is nothing!

The fight scene at the end of Jackie Chan's Legend of Drunken Master is at least 20 minutes. If that's not the longest, I don't know what is.

This guy needs to know what he's saying before he says it.

cornponious (kuntry kok)

yerssot
he didn't know that movie?

pfff, I doubt any one cares what the longest fight scene ever is

xeous
That fight scene sucked. I'll never waste my time watching that movie again. Probably Jackie's worst movie and I'm a big fan of his...

Leog14
hey what about the Pearl Harbor attack scene. Or doesn't that qualify.

The One Part 2
It is billed as the longest sword fight ever filmed.

Leog14
Oh,ok.

xeous
I think that Pearl Harbor would be a "battle scene" not a fight scene...

GABRIEL05
Not longest duel scene, but GREATEST duel scene...that's somthin' to think about wink

hana_skywalker
But are we talking about the longest fight EVER, among ALL MOVIES, or the longest fight in the history of Star Wars?? Of course it won't be the longest among all movies ever made. In my opinion, it will be the best and the longest if we refer to the SW Universe!

cornponious
Quote :

"In the next film, Ewan has more than 1,000 moves, which are more complicated to learn than dialogue. The climactic fight scene is, at 12 minutes, the longest fight scene in cinema history."

This moron is talking "cinema history". Like I said earlier, AS IF! I'm not doubting it will be very exciting, and there's a palpable thrill running down my spine just waiting to see it. However, it will in no way be "the longest fight scene in cinema history".

By the way, the fight scene at the end of Drunken Master is by all means one of the single greatest (and best choreographed) fight scenes IN CINEMA HISTORY. I would think that anyone who was REALLY a Chan fan would agree.

cornponious (kuntry kok)

xeous
Guess I'm not really a Chan fan which is new news to me.

Member.
Jackie's fight scene was great, better than any saber duel. guess that "idiot" really meant SW fight scene.

Darth Jello
its not longest fight scene! it's longest sword duel.

The One Part 2
Once again, it is the longest "sword" fight of all time. Thank you Jello.

cornponious
Who said it was the longest sword fight of all time? Certainly not the moron in the quote on the home page of killermovies.

Stunt coordinator Nick Gillard says:

"The climactic fight scene is, at 12 minutes, the longest fight scene in cinema history."

Notice he said "fight scene", not "sword fight". This man is an idiot for making such a ridiculous statement.

That's my point.

cornponious

Member.
it's a good point too, Nick Gillard obviously haven't seen too many movies. but notice

The One Part 2
The original discription came as "sword" fight. I don't know if someone lifted a quote or it was used to describe the scene. I'm sure Nick didn't feel the need to add "...of its kind..." to his post.

super shadow GL
i think he meant "longest star wars figth scene"in cinema history.

Ushgarak
Nick Gilliard is certainly no idiot, in any case.

xeous
Are you Nick Gilliard? ;0

yerssot
well, he does know quite a lot about swordfights messed

Member.
I wish i could wield a sword good.

Lucas Sucks!
That is very ridculous.... thats not the longest fight in film history! they have no other thing to say... there most be thousands of other movies. I even bet that the Good The Bad and the Ugly duel is longer haha.... or any samurai movie....

The One Part 2
I think we've clarified enough that it is the longest sword fight in cinema history, Lucas.

cornponious
Who clarified it? It doesn't say anything about a "sword fight" in the original quote. Nothing has been clarified. The quote says "longest fight scene".

That's the point. It's not the longest fight scene. Show me where Gillard said "sword fight" and i'll shut up

cornponious

Member.
Gillard doesn't say sword fight anywhere.

LanceWindu
I'm very sure he meant Longest Sword Fight, to be the longest fight scene would take up the entire movie, though that would be kick ass, there would be no plot, just action and effects.

That was one problem with Attack of the Clones, the end of the film was filled with, don't kill me, too much action. If George Lucas had focused more on story and less on the last climactic 30-40 minutes, the film would have been much better.

Don't get me wrong, I Love AOTC, but it could have been even better.

Let us hope George focused more time and energy into the drama and story, but also equal time on the action scenes. If he found the right balance then Episode 3 has the potential to be the best of the Saga, but that is highly doubtful. The Empire Strikes Back will still rule the series.

xeous
Episode 3 will topple ESB. Write it down.

Lucas Sucks!
True....
people dont invent stuff in order to make it look good.

The One Part 2
Let me find and quote the statement from Star Wars Insider. It plainly said sword fight. Nick Gilliard didn't say it either. Either way, it obviously isn't the longest fight in cinema history, so why are you guys focusing on semantics?

VengeanceGOD
Because they're Star Wars geeks. They like to be bitter and ***** about how nothing has ever been as good as Empire. (Even though Jedi was better. smile )

GABRIEL05
If my memory serves me correct, and it always does, maybe he just accidentally said fight scene meant to say sword fight *gasp*... Is that even possible? People make mistakes right? Or am I living in some fictitious dream land where people are perfect stick out tongue

Mr.Deflok
Who cares how long it is, just as long as it's better than any 12 minutes of Gigli I'll be happy.

cornponious
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Ha Ha Ha Good'ern!!!

cornponious (Affleck hater, along with his hairpiece)

Happy Dance

cornponious
Let's keep it real because I'm keeping it real.

Darth Jello
I just really hate the way Jedi ends

((The_Anomaly))
he could be taliking about the longest 1 on 1 fight ever, cause in drunken master he fights more then one person..

VengeanceGOD
Why? What's wrong with it?

Darth Jello
it's anticlimactic and "michael crichtonish" it needs to be more dramatic and have all the planets, and more jedi ghosts, and just be collosal, not just a bunch of bears dancing in the woods

glenn
laughing

Lyn
I liked the way Jedi ended. Though, your points are well made DJ.

Ushgarak
I hated the way ROTJ ended (though more for being too rushed than being sappy), and quite a lot of the rest of it as well, but we've done this a lot before so best to stick to topic.

Mist
does longest fight scene include force powers? is force lightning counted as fighting?

Lyn
Good question...
Lance?? Ush?? Yerssot??

Ushgarak
Unlikely, and yes obviously it is FIGHTING but it is not sabre duelling.

yerssot
yes lyn? wink

Lyn
I just assumed you would know...stick out tongue wink

yerssot
*best vader voice*
I find your overdose of faith in me disturbing stick out tongue

Lyn
laughing stick out tongue wink

You always seem to be able to fill me in. Just like Ush and Lance.

yerssot
I'm on top of EpIII news as best as I can cause I write some for a website

but if you want pure knowledge, ush is your man, and for pics, that's lance smile

Lyn
Thanks...happythumb upHappy Dance

If it wasn't for this place I'd hace NO IDEA what was going on...then again, it does just make me want EpIII to get here more quickly.

mindbugaling
so im sure you guys have seen the articles and the short clip of the fight between obi and darth right? man! ewan and hayden were extremely super quick with their blades, like lightning fast. supposedly its the longest fight seen ever in cinema history or longest sword fight in cinema history, im nbot sure. jeeze! what a way top off the trilogy though. the stunt coordinator sounded pretty cocky in his interview about the fight scene and how he made up all of the new dark/light side fighting styles. i would be too, especially if i was given a twelve minute fiht seen to do. please forgive if this sort of thing has already been posted.

VengeanceGOD
Last week called. They want their news back.

rustiswordz
It doesnt matter how long the fight is,as long as it delivers. Remember the 30 seconds or so just after Beef-Chow-Mein got killed by Darth Maul and he and Obi Wan went into full hardcore mode? To date that 30 seconds is the best dual in the whole of the Star Wars saga just over the Vader Luke fight in ESB.

Its not quantity but quality that counts.

yerssot
and a little extra on top too wink

Ushgarak
Merged...

xeous
But, if they can match that furious fighting with length, that my friend would cause the universe(both) to collapse. It would be utterly amazing. And, with the two young athletic Jedi in Mr. Wan and Mr. Skywalker, I see no reason that this feat couldn't be accomplished.

Darth Revan
I believe that refers to swordfights. Prior to this movie, the longest recorded swordfight scene was something like six and a half minutes. It was in an old, corny as hell swashbuckling movie whose name I can never remember.

Ushgarak
Mr. Kenobi, not Mr. Wan...

I believe the centre of the debate, Revan, i that Nick Gillard failed to specify 'swordfight'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.