Resevoir Dogs [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

98R1
just saw it, bad ass movie

Evil Dead
yes it is..........

bluegrass
The scene with Mr. Blonde(I think it was Mr. Blonde) and the cop tied to the chair is one of the most disturbing scenes ever. Ouch.
"Can you hear me, Can you hear me"

Evil Dead
ah yes..........Mr. Vic Vega..........great scene. After I watch that I can't get that song out of my head..........I walk around all day mumbling "stuck in the middle with you"............

One of the most horrifying things in that scene go un-noticed by alot of people. Yeah....everybody winces at him cutting his ear off....slicing him up and whatnot.....but most people don't even think anything of it when he pours gasoline over his open wounds. That would be the most painfull part of the scene.

chico
I love that movie. my favorite scene is the first one when quentin tells the "like a virgin"story. Also, the scene when Tim Roth was in the car and Harvey Keitel is trying to console him.

MR. WHITE: Give me this f*cking thing.
JOE: What the f*ck do you think you're doin? Give me my book back!

MR. WHITE: I'm sick of f*ckin hearin it Joe, I'll give it back when we leave.

JOE: Whaddaya mean, give it to me when we leave, give it back now.

MR. WHITE: For the past fifteen minutes now, you've just been droning on with names. "Toby...Toby...Toby... Toby Wong... Toby Wong... Toby Chung... f*ckin Charlie Chan." I got Madonna's big d*ck outta my right ear, and Toby Jap I-don't- know-what, outta my left.

JOE: What do you care?

MR. WHITE: When you're annoying as hell, I care a lot.

JOE: Give me my book.

MR. WHITE: You gonna put it away?

JOE: I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do with it.

MR. WHITE: Well, then, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to keep it.

MR. BLONDE: Joe, you want me to shoot him for you?

MR. WHITE: Sh*t, you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

J_To_The_P
This was an amazing movie, and while waiting to see the terrible Scary Movie 3, I found out on Movie Trivia:

"Quentin Tarantino sold his script of TRUE ROMANTIC for $30,000. Quentin used that money to make Reservoir Dogs"

J_To_The_P
Cop:He cut my f***in ear off I'm bleedin to death!!

Mr. Orange:F*** you! Okay F*** you, I'm F***in dying over here, I'm bleeding to death so F*** you!!!!!

slinger
I saw the movie early this year after I saw Pulp Fiction for the first time, I was getting into Tarantino movies. I've always had a problem with wincing when everybody else does during movies. Things don't freak me out as much as much as they do other people.

Fire
I love Reservoir dogs, prolly one of my most favorite movies.
tho I never got affected by the "violence" or "cruelty" in that movie
I can think of a lot more violence and even more cruelty

Evil Dead
"Quentin Tarantino sold his script of TRUE ROMANTIC for $30,000. Quentin used that money to make Reservoir Dogs"

Actually, the movie was called True Romance..........decent flick......

Shellbellringin
that's crazy...I probably was just about finished watching it halloween night 1:37.

forumcrew
awesome movie

Walter Simard
I saw a censored version on A&E last week, and I do agree that the torture scene was something else, and for me personally, I was taken by the song - it was one of my late father's favourites, and he'd often sing it.

Evil Dead
-Do you guys think Mr. Pink got away? The movie leaves speculation open to whether he was caught by the waiting police or not.

I personally like to think he did get away. He shot his way out of the bank surrounded by police, why not the warehouse too? Plus, I like Mr. Pink.......out of all the main characters, he's the only "professional" criminal who follows the rules. He doesn't over-react, he doesn't get emotionally involved, he doesn't lose control........and for this he is the sole survivor and keeps all the loot.

-Do you think it matters at all the the movie ends in a major flaw........with nobody actually shooting Nice Guy Eddie? Bullets hit him and he falls to the ground........but no gun was aimed at him. Mr. White got one shot off and it took out Joe.

I don't think it matters........great movie. We get the idea.

-Is the commentary track for Reservoir Dogs the worst ever?

I must say it is. It isn't a real commentary. It doesn't follow the movie, it's just random interviews done with people involved in the movie. On top of that.......too many people we don't care about. Of those on the commentary track, they should have only used Roth, Madsen and Tarantino.

-Ever notice in the movie that they keep referring to the heist as a five man job........and even Joe says talks about there only being five during the naming speech......yet there are six. Mr. : Blonde, Blue, White, Pink, Brown and Orange.

Linkalicious
yeah i wondered that about Mr. Pink too. He kicks ass.

I also like how they handled the bill at the diner. Now anytime that i pick up the bill for my friends or family...i make them all pitch in for the tip. But usually my friends don't ***** about waitresses already earning a decent living.

SilverFighter
I don't think Mr. Pink got away because when you listen closely to last scene. You hear police sirens for far away, and there is a chance that Mr. Pink try to get on Mr. Blonde car to get away, and thus got busted inside the car. He had a gun with him when he left the warehouse so there is also a chance that he shot his way out the car too. I have to see that scene again just to make sure.

badkittykitty
I think mr.pink got killed like everyone else.

anyone got the sound track? its got all the super sounds of the 70's lol!

SilverFighter
I have it, my favorite is "Hooked on a feeling" and remenber the dj name? He says something like this "KBILLY's Sounds of the 70's".

badkittykitty
yeah! "KBilly's super sounds of the 70's just keeps on truckin..." haha

my fav is little green bag

it's a comedian that does the dj right? I cant remember his name right now..dang.

SilverFighter
Oh yeah little green bag is cool!!! That's a cool track big grin I think the dj is play by Steven Wright who I belive does stand up comedy for HBO.

samhain
It is Steve Wright.

I would like to think that he did get away.

Personally, I don't think he did.

R.I.P. Mr Pink.

Evil Dead
For some reason whenever I hear the name "Kill Bill" it makes me think of K-Billy.................

My favorite song in the movie has to be Stuck in the Middle with You. The way that scene is shot, the music is almost like another character. It is great. Every time I hear that song, the scene plays in my head in-time to the music.

amlap
yeah well mr. pink dies in the end. i mean they say " put down the ****ing gun" and then and outburst of firing. and when the cops burst into the building, lots of voices are heard, meaning there had to be a shit load of cops there.

the sound track to the movies is by far the greatest soundtrack to any movie... i love the way he really fcuks up a great song for someone, for example putting "Stuck in the Middle With You" during the ear part. cause when ever i hear that song i remember that scene over and over again, but i love that scene.

and about the five man job.... the thing bout that is that quentin added his character MR. Brown in the later drafts of the script, because he was gonna paly mr pink but they found steve. so he kind of took some of mr pinks line and gave them to mr brown, like the madonna speech. another cool fact that i thought was awesome is that the actor playing mr blue was an actual bank robber.

the only thing im not sure about this movie is if the colors of the soap in the bathroom, when mr pink and white are talking, are meant to be white, pink, and orange.(representing the current characters introduced in the movie) but thing is, is that he shot that scene first in this film program thingy and im not sure, but i think he used that footage when went to the editing room. anyone have any clue?

badkittykitty
I know we have a thread in here some place where we were talking about how QT's movies connect..I can't find it...shame on me sad

and way I'm in the middle of watching RD again..and i can't believe i didn't notice this till now...but Mr. Whites ex-girlfriends name was alabama who happens to be crook also..is this the same alabama from 'True Romance'? I believe it's got to be!

Tired Hiker
OMG, Bkk, and the plot even thickens!!! When Bruce Willis is in that shop where they encounter Zed and that other hairy monster, in the of course Pulp Fiction, if you look on the wall of the shop there is a license plate on the wall from Alabama!?!

OMG eek!

badkittykitty
oh TH!! ........... laughing out loud

Fire
I love Resevoir Dogs, it is one of the best movies I have ever seen, with a few minor adaptations you can convert it into a play without ever noticing the difference.

anywayz I think Mr. Pink dies in the end like the others. But he is by far the coolest character in the movie

amlap
and then of course they mention bonnie in reservoir dogs (deleted scenes) who is the wife of jimmy. then some say that the diamonds in RD are in the briefcase in Pulp. which mean the Mr. Wallece is the guy Joe talks bout who can move the "ice"!

Fire
damn I have to get that dvd for those deleted scenes

badkittykitty
I just got the dvd version..so i hadn't seen those yet....can't wait for the weekend

Fire
-Do you think it matters at all the the movie ends in a major flaw........with nobody actually shooting Nice Guy Eddie? Bullets hit him and he falls to the ground........but no gun was aimed at him. Mr. White got one shot off and it took out Joe.

watched it yesterday on dvd and went in slow motion on that part, and it seriously looked as if Mr White shot him, he shoots joe, gets shot by Eddie then in his fall turns and shoots Eddie

WindDancer
It could be a flaw. The Triangle formation in which the three of them form does make it look like they actually shot at each other. I gotta watch that scene more closely. I'm pretty sure Mr. White shot Eddie.

Fire
he shot joe and eddie watch for smoke from the guns

Storm
Mr. White shot and Joe and Eddie. I watched it again and again in slow motion and you clearly see Mr. White point his gun to Joe and immediately afterwards to Eddie. You see the direction of Mr. White' s arm change and there is 2 times smoke from his gun.

It' s the first time I saw Reservoir Dogs and now I' m calling everyone here at home Mr. Pink or Ms. Orange or Mr. Blue embarrasment

Fire
hehe go for it sweety

Evil Dead
no Storm.........

Nobody shot Eddie. Mr. White shoots Joe......Eddie shoots White....nobody shoots Eddie.

It's even covered in the dvd commentary......Tarantino said he left it as is for cost reasons.......nobody shot him. It's a fluke in the film that most people don't even notice.

Storm
Darn, I was convinced of it that Eddie got shot by Mr. White. But if it' s in the commentary then it must be true.

At the end, you hear the sirens of arriving police cars. If you listen carefully you' ll also hear gunshots outside. I put the sound on the maximum and I heard this:
"Freeze! Get out of the car and lie face down on the ground!" and "Don't shoot!"
So I assume Mr. Pink got arrested.

Could someone else go to that last scene and check this out?

WindDancer
Okay, I look it at again yesterday and this is what I came up with:

Four shots were fired. One by Joe, one by Nice guy Eddie, and two by Mr. White.

First shot was fired by Joe trying to kill Mr. Orange. If you look closely at the ramp where Mr. Orange is bleeding you will notice dust raising from the impact of the bullet. The second shot was fired by Mr. White and kills Joe. The third shot was fired by Nice guy Eddie and wounds Mr. White.

Here is the trick! Fourth shot was fired by Mr. White, he is wounded, swings his gun at Nice guy Eddie shoots and kills him.

I listen to the commentary on the DVD. According to Chris Penn (Nice Guy Eddie) he makes the mistake because his squib went off too soon. He says that QT told him after the scene that it was okay. Yes, there wasn't enough time for another take. So QT decided to leave the scene as it is.

Fire
ooh this could turn in a nice debate

WindDancer
When I saw the movie for the first time years ago. I had a little theory that Mr. White shot both Joe and Nice guy Eddie, and it was Mr. Pink who shot Mr. White.

But after looking at the scenes a few times is obvious that Mr. Pink never fired his gun. He drew his gun and hide himself underneath the ramp, and then just walk away after the shootings. It was just a little thought I had a long time ago.

big grin

sarahvma
What happened was that QT was planning on having White shoot Joe, then turn and shoot NGE, but when they shot it, NGE's (Chris Penn's) gun went off too fast, and he went down in the shot before White had a chance to shoot him. There wasn't enough time to re-shoot the scene, so QT thought it would be funny if they just left it like that

sarahvma
... Same with the orange balloon that follows NGE's car. He just said, "Film freaks like me will be analysing this forever - just leave it in". It was actually an escaped balloon from some kid's birthday party.

NuclearMisfit
I think Pink gave up and let the cops arrest him because if you listen really closely you can hear Pink scream something and i didnt really hear the gunfire.

As for Mr Whites demise I dont think he got killed by the cops either because the way it sounded the cop directed his attention to someone else in the room.

We will never know, Untill the Vega Brothers movie. smile

<<Solo>>
Yes, The Vega Brothers movie will be quite something.

sarahvma
If it happens...

QT told a roomful of Comic Con'ers in San Diego a couple years ago that Travolta and Madsen were too old (to which Madsen, who made a surprise visit, was completely disgusted - j/k). But then he decided yes, it could go ahead, but this is the plot he's playing with now:

All of the scenes with Vic&Vince in Amsterdam where they will run a club will be in anime. The real story is about Marcellus tracking down Butch for killing his best guy.

burlyman
why doesn't he make a spin off video game of Rocket the dancer from Kill Bill stick out tongue

sarahvma
lol... or larry the club owner

HoboBob
Eddie gets shot by Pink because When he runs out at the end he has his gun out and he didn't before the shootout.
The movie rules!!!

sarahvma
Mr. White was supposed to shoot Eddie, but what happened was that QT was nearing the end of the amount of time that his company was allowing him to shoot (running out of money) so they only had one take to get it right. So everybody shot, but what happened was that before White had time to turn around and pop Eddie, Chris Penn went down, not knowing it wasn't his cue, because his gun went off too fast (they were supposed to shoot each other at the same time). So a couple years later Empire magazine did this article on "who shot nice guy eddie?" and QT thought it was halarious, so he had T-shirts printed up and gave them to all his friends.

tabby999
but not everybody is known to be dead, what about Blue (i think thats the right one, the old dude, who was a robber) no one knows what happens to him

sarahvma
yes, Joe confirms that Blue has been found dead. This is an exerpt of the script which may or may not confirm what happened to Pink:

MR. PINK
C'mon, guys, nobody wants this.
We're supposed to me ****in
professionals!

Joe raises his head to Mr. White.

JOE
Larry, I'm gonna kill him.

MR. WHITE
Goddamn you, Joe, don't make me do
this!

JOE
Larry, I'm askin you to trust me
on this.

MR. WHITE
Don't ask me that.

JOE
I'm not askin, I'm betting.

Joe's eyes go back to Mr. Orange.

EDDIE
Daddy, don't!

Joe FIRES three times, HITTING Mr. Orange with every one.

Mr. White SHOOTS Joe twice in the face. Joe brings his
hands up to his face, screaming, and falls to the ground.

Eddie FIRES at Mr. White, HITTING him three times in the
chest.

Mr. White brings his gun around on Eddie and SHOOTS him.

The two men FALL to their knees, FIRING at each other.

Eddie COLLAPSES, dead.

Joe's dead.

Mr. Orange lies perfectly still, except for his chest
heaving. The only SOUND we hear is his loud breathing.

Mr. White is SHOT full of holes, but still on his knees,
not moving.

Mr. Pink is standing motionless. Finally he grabs the
satchel of diamonds and RUNS out the door.

We hear outside a CAR START. Then the SOUND of a BULLHORN
yells out:

POLICE FORCE (OS)
Freeze! Get out of the car and lie
face down on the ground!

MR. PINK (OS)
Don't shoot!

We now hear SIRENS, the SOUNDS of more CARS DRIVING UP,

sarahvma
lol - a censored version of RD? What, was there, like - twenty minutes in total?

amlap
reservoir dogs is by far one of my favorite movies ( toss up with the original Dawn of the Dead as my favorite)

"are you gonna bark all day little doggie, or are you gonna bite!"

what was the name of the jap short that qt got the idea for reservoir dogs?

sarahvma
City on Fire - with a very young Chow Yeung Fat (no clue how to spell his name - the dude from Anna and the King... or was it The King and I? Who the crap knows?)

sarahvma
My friend says he swears he sees White do the gun-cross and shoots NGE

Darth Sauron
Right, let the pic show you who shoots who

http://img8.exs.cx/img8/3090/reservoirdogs.gif

Help at all?

BadKitty
thats excellent!

Darth Sauron
I like to think i can be handy happy

Tthe Almighty
Resaviour dogs is boring and quentin tarantino was mr brown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.