Arlington Road

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
If you haven't seen this movie, it is worth a shot. It stars (Jeff?) Bridges and Tim Robbins. The subject matter is about terrorism and trust me, it would be very contraversial now that 9/11 has ocurred. (Just thought I'd post this since I just bought it)

roundisfunny
More controversial still is the film's thinly-veiled reference to the U.S. Government's murder of American citizens at Ruby Ridge, Idaho in 1992. In "Arlington Road", they call the site "Copper Creek", but it's pretty clear where they're going with it.

lil bitchiness
Totally!! thumb up

You have to go see it, if you havent already...its an amazing film! I've seen it few times, and its brilliant. yes

Tex
Ugh! This is one of those movies that is so UNBELIEVABLE it totally ruins itself!

Ebert put it best: "How can anyone, even skilled conspirators, predict with perfect accuracy the outcome of a car crash? How can they know in advance that a man will go to a certain pay phone at a certain time, so that he can see a particular truck he needs to see? How can the actions of security guards be accurately anticipated? Isn't it risky to hinge an entire plan of action on the hope that the police won't stop a car speeding recklessly through a downtown area?"

thumb down

Myth
There was so many people involved in the conspiracy and thats kind of the message. Did you see the neighbors party? People all over town were involved, even his wife. The truck probably went there so he could see it. I don't think that was coincidence.

Tex
There were like 5 of them all together, and their dumb kids.

Even if there were 300 terrorists what I quoted from Roger Ebert above still holds water.

The entire movie is so implausible! roll eyes (sarcastic)

lil bitchiness
Give it a go!! Totally!!

You may like it and you may not! I say you go see it and judge for yourself!!

I think it was a great movie thumb up

Then i again i thought Terminator 3 sucked REALLY badly...

Go see it!! thumb up Trust me on this one...

And if you dont trust me, ask Tired Hiker if ive ever recomended him a bad film! smile

Myth
I think there was like five that the movie made out to be terrorists for you to see. But I took it as almost everybody at their party was a terrorist but they couldn't focus on all thirty to show you all of their jobs. The 5 it showed I believe were just Tim Robbins closest terrorist buddies.

Tex
All of those people at the party were not terrorists, they were regular neighborhood people who were invited to a friendly party thrown by their incognito terrorist neighbors.

roundisfunny
I suppose what made it unrealistic for me was seeing the "domestic terrorists" being so organized and powerful. That's about as accurate as the presentation of the "neo-fascist" cabal in "The Sum of All Fears". Believe me, folks, these militia and WP folks are nowhere near the threat the media portrays them to be.

But...we can't go to war unless we have enemies, now can we?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.