Goodfellas question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrGlass
Goodfellas came on television recently and I was puzzled at the end. Why did they show a scene of joe pesci shooting his gun 8 times at the camera. What was the relevance of this?

Kes
An homage to Edwin S Porter, The great train robbery?!

MrGlass
Never saw the movie or heard of it. But if i find it, Ill watch it

amity75
You've never heard of it????????????? Stop what you're doing right now and go out and buy it! You owe it to yourself!

badkittykitty
I'm with amity75 I had to have this in my collection.if you like movies about gangsters this movie is a staple!

Kes
blink The great train robbery is a classic.But dont expect much the movie is from 1903/1904 laughing It was the 1st time a close-up was used.The shot was sent to theaters separated from the movie, they either used it in the beginning or end.Needless to say the effect was better when they put it in the end.

roundisfunny
Waitaminnit...was MrGlass saying he never heard of "The Great Train Robbery", or was he saying he never heard of "Goodfellas"?

In any case, the IMDb says that:

All hail the IMDb!

amity75
I must apologise to MrGlass for thinking he hadnt heard of Goodfellas. (If that IS the movie he was meaning!)

MrGlass
i have heard of goodfellas, but i just didnt understand that particular part of the movie. I see that the great train robbery isnt on dvd yet, but ill check it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.