Your vote for best British Sitcom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wicker_man
British residents may be aware that the BBC are running a poll to find Britains best home grown sitcom, the list has finally be 'whittled' down to that all important final ten so i thought i'd run a mini poll to see who you'd like to see crowned the Nations funniest sitcom (from the chosen ten) all welcome to vote.

BarmyBrummie
Definately Only Fools And Horses yes RODNEY YOU PLONKER!!!!

Darth Bandon
No "Are you being served?"? To bad.

wicker_man
Nope as my poll is based on the final ten as chosen for the Great British public. Are You Being Served did not gain enough votes to make the final ten..sorry.

samhain
It seems that they have missed out some key sitcoms, Red Dwarf for instance is such a good show, whereas the vicar of dibley is poor.
When Patrick Stewart first saw Red Dwarf he called up one of the producers of TNG and said that they were ripping off Star Trek, the producer replied "Erm, actually Patrick..." Proving RedDwarf to be one of the most influential sitcoms of all time. Incidentally, Patrick Stewart is now a huge fan. I chose Blackadder, more precisely Blackadder goes forth.

BarmyBrummie
You mean, Red Dwarf influenced Star Trek?????

wicker_man
The poll is merely a representation of the top 10 British Sitcoms as voted for by the Great British sitcom. If i had my way i'd certainly not have included The Good Life, Yes Minister or The Vicar of Dibley and opted for Bottom, Father Ted and Red Dwarf instead.

samhain
Certain aspects of The Next Generation yes, some episodes of Futurama as well.

Wicker Man maybe we should have another vote including the likes of Red Dwarf, Father Ted,etc?

wicker_man
That sounds like a good idea. All the shows we'd like to have seen in the final ten.

samhain
Would the Two Ronnies count?

wicker_man
Hmm...i dunno, i mean its a classic but i don't think it would fall under the category of situation comedy (Sitcom) not like Ronnie Barkers other two comedies : Porridge and Open All Hours.

BarmyBrummie
I'd definately vote for Red Dwarf yes

samhain
Porridge is a good one. I do hope we wont be including Bread.lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.