Have the simpsons jumped the shark?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stewie is God
as you all probably noticed, the simpsons, although, still funny (b/c of certain characters) isnt the show it used to be. although ratings are strong, i think the show has jumped the shark (gotten bad). since the 10th season the episodes have just gotton dumb. it isnt as edgy as it used to be, and now....after 3 long years after premiring ....and 1 1/2 years after bein cancelled...Family Guy....my favorite show(for over 3 years) is now gettin a lot of attention!!!!!! but some of my friends stilll like the simpsons and think its funny....wut do ya'll think?

BackFire
As I've said before, The Simpsons in their current state is not nearly as humerous as the older years. I do believe that in the glory days of the simpsons, it was the best show of all time...but now, it needs to be canceled. It's starting to soil the name of the simpsons by continully going down hill. But, it still has some funny moments.

wicker_man
Still in saying that even the latter Simpsons episodes are way funnier then anything from the South Park creators.

samhain
I agree to an extent, but I have seen some newer simpsons episodes and laughed all the way through.

SlipknoT
As much as I love this show I have to say it has sad they're just running out of creative ideas,but I'll still watch it till it gets canceled

loserib
so will i

Tex
I've been saying it for years, Simpons should've been cancelled 5 years ago!

Darth Jello
the show is basically: Hey! let's watch homer be an ******* for 30 minutes!. THey should have canceled it after Bill Oakely and Josh weinstein left to do the excellent Mission Hill and started focussing on Futurama which was a better show anyway

badkittykitty
totally agree here!

Stewie is God
word cool

el_barto
how can u say futurama was a better show

BTW: i dont think that the simpsons are bad these days (but i liked the old ones better)

SlipknoT
futuram sucks, it will never compare to the simpsons

venomfan
what futurama owns,dr. zoidberg=ratings

SlipknoT
didnt futurama get cancled if not it should have

ILuvMillsy
homer The Simpsons, I believe, is one off the greatest shows ever aired on TV! I love The Simpsons, I could just sit there and watch ever episode over and over again. But the new episodes of The Simpsons are sorta strange. Still funnny though...

SlipknoT
They're ok, but they dont compare to the older ones though

ILuvMillsy
Yeah the older episode's of the Simpsons are better than the new one's

Arachnoidfreak
Back in the day, the Simpsons reigned supreme over ALL primetime cartoons, but today, they have competition. Family Guy is the first that comes to mind, but there are so many others.

Mission Hill for one. I think the best episode so far is when Kevin gets caught masturbating in the store bathroom and burns the whole building down.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Only 15 minutes long, but 15 minutes of mindless comedy in it's rawest form.

SeaLab 2021. Also only 15 minutes, but some of the funniest crap to ever be made into animation.

Futurama. Since the Simpsons was getting a bit old and repetitive, Matt decided to do another primetime cartoon. He did a damn good job too. Personally, i like it better than the current Simpsons.

Stealth Agent
I love Simpsons and always will.
Some of there episodes are getting kind of stupid but some are still pretty friggin cool. I dislike some of the very first episodes but to me I love them all(asides the VERY 1st ones.)

I love Futuram as well and Family guy as well. i completley disagree that any of them should of been canceled. I don't think any of them should of been canceled. But i cant choose between them.

Arachnoidfreak
None of them are staying cancelled. Cartoon Network Shows any new Futurama Episodes they get their hands on, and Family Guy is coming out with a new season, in 2005.

ladygrim
the older simpsons are have good ideas but in animation the are ruddy s**te

Darth Revan
The Simpsons has been slowly going downhill for a long time now. I remember that I used to laugh almost nonstop through the older episodes, and I haven't seen a new one that funny for a long time. Family Guy and Southpark are both funnier than the new Simpsons episodes.

Primitive Screwhead #1
I think Simpsons has jumped the shark more than once now. Every time they start tanking, they redeem themselves with a few fresh episodes. The problem that the Simpsons had for awhile there was that Groening was devoting his time to both Simpsons and Futurama. Futurama was the next logical step for Groening, and it's too bad it was so short-lived. Many people just viewed Futurama as a sci-fi Simpsons, which it really wasn't. Neverhteless, it was probably a key contributor to its demise.

Darth Revan
I love Futurama, I don't see how it was at all like the Simpsons (other than the fact that it was Groening's creation)

SlickRick69
They should do an actual 'Jump the Shark' extended hour-long episode on the Simpsons, to poke fun at the fact that that's what they are doing now...

Bart actually jumps a shark, for a Fear-Factor-type reality show... (cameo by Joe Rogan and/or Jeff Probst)

Homer gets shot and killed by a mystery murderer who then gets his next mystery assignment... and starts spying on the other Simpsons...

Marge starts to date too soon after Homer's death, and dates all the eligible men in Springfield, so they can show all the possible new start-up montages if Marge remarried... imagine The Flanders... The Wiggums... the Burnses... etc... up to and including Lisa Loves Chachi...

Lisa rants and rages against the whole 'jump-the-shark' and reality TV craze, and gets noticed by a Presidential candidate, and asked to be his running-mate VP candidate, as the youngest candidate in history, prompting countless shameless cameos from other politicians and celebrities (usual jump-the-shark stuff, including celeb cameos...)

Marge gets pregnant, the ultimate jump-the-shark event after years of same old characters: introduce a baby!! yay!!

The big TV day comes, Bart jumps the shark, Marge goes into labor, and the assassin attempts to take out the mystery target, and sets his sites on Baby Maggie...

Bart is eaten by the shark during the jump (prompting another cameo by Roy Schieder and Richard Dreyfus), Marge is shot instead of Maggie, and the assassin is revealed as Groundskeeper Willie, programmed by the same government spook program backed and endorsed by the Presidential candidate that Lisa is backing, who is from some place called Manchuria (The Manchurian Candidate!! )

At the hospital, Bart is treated for his few cuts and scrapes and close-call with the shark, and Marge has twins, a boy and a girl, one looks like Wiggums and one looks like Flanders!! Marge faints from the twist, and when she wakes up, she is home, in bed, watching TV, the HAPPY DAYS marathon just ended now stay tuned for DALLAS!! Marge hears the shower and goes to the bathroom to see... HOMER!! alive and well in the shower! then Bart steps in and flushes the toilet, Homer gets blasted with cold water, and chases Bart around the house, naked...

Marge makes a joke about eating junk food and watching too much late-night TV giving her bad dreams, and everything goes back to normal in the Simpsons...

Stormy Day
I still love the simpsons homer always makes me laugh.

I also own the 1,2,3 season on dvd and am planning oon getting the fourth big grin

Painkiller
family guy is much better than the simpsons and yes it was great now it is broken as fdr legs.....sorry to soon.

Linkalicious
you guys gotta freakin be kidding me. The Simpsons is still the funniest show on television. You guys just aren't picking up on all the little bits of it all. Sure they've had a couple of lesser episodes, but all in all, it's still a hilarious show.

ESPECIALLY when homer got to smoke medicinal marijuana. I could not stop laughing that enitre episode. But there are others too, i'm usually just too stoned to remember them all...but that's probably part of the reason they're so funny.

shaber
The British executives don't tend to show the better Simpsons episodes, probably so as to avoid displaying how truly awful our equivalents are by comparison.

But the Simpsons has produced some very good material indeed.

Stormy Day
I just got the fourth season on dvd so far so good big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.