Gossip girl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xxfashionistaxx
Is anyone else as pissed as I am that the book series Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar is being turned into a movie? Okay that's so wrong, Especially since they are casting LINDSAY LOHAN! as BLAIR! That's so horrifying on so many different levels it's insane. Like lindsay lohan is all speckled and red-headed. And blair is so not. Blair is a audrey hepburn look-a-like. and she has dark brown hair. Like hello? Is the casting director an idiot or what? And with the summary of the movie- they say blair is the protagonist. this is a teen series; there is no protagonist. none of the characters in the series are a hero. And blair acutally seems like the "enemy" at first, serena (her "arch nemesis"..which is a bunch of crap) the hero. And they said that her arch nemesis is at boarding school and comes back and ruins blair's life. if you've read the book, Serena is at boarding school. Serena; who was Blair's best friend before she left. Sure, blair is mad at her when she returns because serena took the spotlight away from blair, but they end up being friends again. The only thing the script director got right was them living in Manhattan (or is that right?They say the live in upper east new york, is that manhattan?) and that they are uber rich. I predict this movie will suck just because the story has been butchered so badly. mad

Evil Dead
just for clarification.......protaganist does not mean "hero".......it merely means "central character".......the person the rest of the movie is based around.

and.......I've never even heard of this book.

xxfashionistaxx
Lol that's alright you don't have to have heard about it, but it's a really good series. And thanks for the clarification on the protagonist bit.

Evil Dead
Is it like a popular Canadian book/series? The only books that are really popular here in the states are like fiction novels and Harry Potter books.

xxfashionistaxx
Well it's really popular in Alberta, almost every girl at my friends and mine high school has read the series. But they have fan sites for the UK and the official fan site is american. So i think it's pretty big in some parts of the u.s and the u.k...i mean it has to be kinda popular in the u.s for a movie to be made out of it.

NYChica
Hun, i am right up there with ya. I am from NYC and actually I think that Lindsay Lohan will play a dispicable Blair. Like u said Blair is supposed to be ahem PRETTY@!!! I am opposed to them destroying these books and making a movie anyways, but using Lindsay LOhan, my god. If they were to make a movie, they should have cast all new stars. People that have never been heard of. If u have a way to contact Cecily von Ziegesar please tell me because i would love to complain to her in person.

GoodGirl88
This is the worst idea i've ever heard of. Gossip Girl is a great series. I was so mad when i heard that Lindsey Lohan is going to play Blair. Blair is, first of all a "gorgeous" brunette. Lindsey is so a red head and dying her hair is not going to change that simple fact. And she isn't gorgeous and that can't be changed with any amount of makeup. I'm dreading this movie 'cause it is so going to ruin my liking for the books.evil

Jenifer
I do get what everyone is saying. And I think all of us get the point. Lindsay Lohan shouldn't be signed on to the Gossip Girl Movie at all, let alone playiing one of the key characters, such as Blair. And I feel the same myself. As a dedicated reader to these books I understand what you mean. But the cold hard truth is, we cant decide who plays who in the Gossip Girl Movie. All we can do is hope for the best. And if this movie ends up being a teeny bopper flick, then so be it. Lindsay Lohan is already signed on for the role of Blair. The best we can hope for is they good some one great to play the rest of the roles. But to our dismay, this movie will probably bomb in the theaters. With Liondsay as Blair, they probably have Hilary Duff playing Serena. And while they're ****ing at it, they probably should just throw in Aaron Carter as Nate, and **** the whole movie over. Im sure the movie will be VERY different from the books. But as a true fan, I'll waist my money and go see it, even if Lindsay, Hilary, and Aaron play the lead roles. And sadly most of you will too. I dont me to come off snotty or bitchy but this is life and life IS a *****. So yeah this does suck, but maybe we can change it. I want to adiion for a role in the movie. Do any of you? If you have any ifo contact me. But thats just what i think, what about you?
mad What the f**k?

silver_tears
I read the books, and loved them yes
NO matter what they do, the books will still rock yes

sami
New movie called "Gossip Girl" about the teen series. I am disappointed that Lindsay Lohan is going to be playing Blair, a protagonist in the novel...Lindsay Lohan is a talented actress but does not fit well for this role. Is anyone else a fan of this series?

silver_tears
thats bs, the plot outline on imdb is nothing like the bookroll eyes (sarcastic)

Ktayyy
Hey everyone, I know all of you think Lindsay Lohan will be a horriable Blair, but I read all of the books, and think Lindsay will be great. Just get past the hair color, in the books they say Blair has fox-like features, she is not gorgeous, but pretty. I think Lindsay has a small fox-like face, and would be a great Blair. I mean have any of you seen Mean Girls? She was so good in it. I think what we really should be discussing is who is going to play Serena. I agree that Hilary Duff would be the pits, when I imagine Serena , I think tall and mysteriously gorgeous. I really can't think of any actresses that would be great as Serena. Mischa Barton, or Hilary Burton, perhaps? I dont know. I hope I helped cool off some of your anger about Linday, she'll be great!

nach01
nah, i live in the US and everyone around here knows about that book

Max Power
eh, it could be okay. Remember when everyone freaked out that Tom Cruise was going to play Lestat in Interview With a Vampire? He did a great job with it.

cider
i agree with fashionista... linsady lohan is not blair. whoever they pick for serena, had better be so aweusm that we completely forget that they picked the WORST possible actor for such an amazing role. and if aaron carter is picked as nate(which he won't), i'll seriously cut the movie screen in half with scissors

mizjacouture
the GG books are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooo popular here in the US, i live in NYC and allllllllllllllllllllll of my friends are pretty much, lets say...OBSSESED

mizjacouture
oh, and lindsay is sooooooooooo not fit to be blair...shes gonna look retarded in a pixie haircut, and her boobs are too big. Blair's a 34B. Lindsay is sooooooooooo not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shopgirl
i dont think i couldbe madder aboiut lindsaylohan playing blair!! evenbeing in the movie!!! what were they thinking??Shes ugly andCANNOTTTT act!! shes gunna ruin the movie. im praying theyll change thier minds and kickher out of thisproduction cuz she SHOULDNOT playblair!!!

<<Solo>>
Funny I never heard of this,"Gossip Girl". And for you guys, yes Lindsay Lohan is a very good actor.

Silhouette
She may be a good actress but this isn't a lohan role, it's too 'old' for her. Although Blair Waldorf and the rest of her 'friends' are seventeen they're much more mature than LL's COADQ and Freaky friday.
She looks nothing like Blair, and I really don't think she'll be able to pull of the popular ***** role.

frozenlollipop
I like it how they're making a movie... i want to know what people r suppose to look like.. but lindsay lohan? uh-uh! they so shouldnt pujt her in there! she'll mess it up!!!!!!! Blair should be the mean girl in confessions of a teenage drama queen (Megan Fox) and Seerena should be the Regina from mean girls (Rachel McAdams). and if Hillary Duff becomes Seerena.. KILL HER! SHE SUCKS LIKE CRAP! It will TOTALLY not be like the book, cuz there will be 2 much bad stuff for her to do it! GRRR!

Im2cute4u
I loove the gossip girl books, and i was somewhat excited to see what the movie would turn out to be, but Lindsay Lohan? she definetly does not fit the role of Blair. I feel that her physical appearance is a lot to Blair. I picture her as someone really beautiful and tall and not curvy, which lindsay is, and she has to be very sophisticated. As much as i do like lindsay lohan, she totally does not fit the description of blair. By the way, who is serena going to be played by, and the rest of the cast?

fashionsophisti
I think Lohan will make a terrible Blair. She is so not right for the part. She doesn't have enough range to be a *****, and everyone who has read the books knows that Blair is a witch with a capital B. Anyway the movies prospects are looking incredibly bleak right now. I think they're going to turn it into a PG13 rated teenybopper flick, and we all know the books are all rated R.

JFro
theyre making a movie eek! eek! . of course theyre not gonna have lindsay lohan in a r rated movie but she will terible at being mean. they should cast the bad girl from mean girls somewheer here

starcali
For all of you who can't stand the fact that Lindsay Lohan is in the movie there are petitions online to keep her out. Cause I'm in total agreement that she needs to be takin' out of the movie.

nach
they'll probably take her out of blairs position.. and if not than they should. They took her out of Regina's role in Mean Girls. Blair's supposed to be a tall and slim girl with brown hair who looks bitchy and stuck up. Lohan does not fit the description.

charlit
cant wait for this movie! so glad lindseys not blair anymore!

MissesDepp?!
Ugh..

I steal my friend's copies and read about Dan and Vanessa.. and possibly Jenny.

other than that, the superficial, stupid, airhead, Saks Fifth Avenue, gossip living wh0res make me throw up a lot.

And quite frankly, Lindsey sucks at everything..

ugh.. gossip girl..

katie_girl09
Okay, seriously guys! What are you talking about? Linday Lohan is pretty. And she can act. She'd make the perfect Blair...

katie_girl09
Originally posted by nach
they'll probably take her out of blairs position.. and if not than they should. They took her out of Regina's role in Mean Girls. Blair's supposed to be a tall and slim girl with brown hair who looks bitchy and stuck up. Lohan does not fit the description.
Blair is only 5'5" or something...

noelluvspotter
I never herd of this series but i know how you fell about people casting Lindsay Lohan because in a movie that will be coming out Chapter 27 which is about John Lennon and his killer the crazed fan is played by Lindsay Lohan how do you have a Lindsay Lohan as a crazed fan of one of the most well respected hero/legend. It seems like every new movie is casting Lindsay Lohan there's the movies "chapter 27" "Bobby" and this gossip girl movie"rant" what the hell is this about she is really a terrible actress. I CAN NOT STAND HER!!!!!

nach
Originally posted by charlit
cant wait for this movie! so glad lindseys not blair anymore!
lindsay's not blair anymore???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.