Bruce Lee's Outfit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I'm curious to who knew this: The yellow suit Uma wears in Kill Bill is the same outfit Bruce Lee wore in his final movie. I believe QT did this in tribute to Bruce Lee.

badkittykitty
I knew. I knew. I knew ! yay! yes I believe it was a tribute..a very cool one.

Evil Dead
um............yeah..........it's his suit from Game of Death.

However, Bruce Lee is barely in the film (because he was dead)......it's a double 95% of the time. Bruce had only shot a couple of scenes. Enter the Dragon was the last real Bruce Lee film.........he died about 3 weeks before it was released.

SilverFighter
QT is paying homeage to Bruce Lee. Some Martials Artist have paid sometype of Homeage to Bruce in different ways. For example Jet Li wore a similar yellow suit in Meltdown. I think that Jackie Chan did the same in another movie (can't remenber right now) but is very cool of QT to do that for the Bruce.

mook
its the most obvious reference in the film tho.

any more obtuse ones that anyones spotted?

BarmyBrummie
I saw the footage, uncut, from the Game of death all with Bruce. That would have been one hell of a movie! big grin

amlap
the game of death is by far the most hilarious waste of bruce lee time i have ever spent!

SilverFighter
I forgot to mention also that the Kato masks also symbolize a tribute to Bruce. I don't know if you have heard of the Green Hornet TV series of the 1960's but Bruce Lee was on that series and he play the part of Kato. So once again QT with his twisted humor made a fight between two different Bruce Characters in Kill Bill.

The Yellow biker suit from the Game of Death vs. the Kato masks of the Green Hornet. I can see the Bruce Lee pun quite clear smile

mook
thats cool - didnt see that link before.

more stuff like this please.

SilverFighter
I betcha the DVD will have TONS of facts about the movie the fans don't even know about. wink

samhain
The music that is playing as the plane flies over the city is the Green Hornet theme music, or so I'm told.

SilverFighter
^that's correct it is the original Green Hornet theme song. Which is included in the soundtrack.

feanor
i think Jet Li also made a movie where he wore a mask similar to Bruce Lee.

SilverFighter
That was black mask (1996) unfortunally the film was a flop. Still it was kinda of homeage to Kato character.

dragonpisces272
yup, I didnt notice that at first

Storm
I knew that. But I read a magazine in which all the references were listed smile

dragonpisces272
stick out tongue if it was only that easy

killtarantino
Tribute? I don't think so some how.. Tarantino's just ripping Bruce Lee off.

Yeah people do get inspirations from other people, but putting an American woman in a Bruce Lee outfit is whack.

roundisfunny
Now...does anybody know the classical piece upon which the "Green Hornet" theme was based, and who wrote it?

I Love Sirius
What's whack about putting an American Woman in a Bruce Lee outfit? But I guess that you just have to bring people down with comments like that.

Luce
I knew that, and I think it's a great tribute to a great man.

DragonLeeJKD
the Green Hornet theme song was based upon "The Flight Of The Bumble Bee" -- a famous classical novelty piece which had also been the theme of the radio series for decades; May's adaptation included a slower vocal obligato melody; and hence was given a copyright of its own even though it incorporated the fast moving classical melody by Rimsky-Korsakov

poolplyr
Hey, I was just wondering, do any of you know the type of jacket/coat Kato wears in the Green Hornet? I've looked for days as I wanted to be Kato for Halloween, but unsuccessful at finding even a close replica.

ragesRemorse
if you give bruce lee nun chucks......ITS OVER!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by poolplyr
Hey, I was just wondering, do any of you know the type of jacket/coat Kato wears in the Green Hornet? I've looked for days as I wanted to be Kato for Halloween, but unsuccessful at finding even a close replica.

i dont know what kind it is, but i always thought it looked liked a navy coat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.