cast assignments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth stu
greetings all. i've been away on vacation for a while. when you are in NY and it's cold, you gotta go to florida every so often.

at this site i found the following cast listings.

us.imdb.com/M/title-exact...+II+(2002)

some of these really surprised me. all the names found on the official site are found here. the differences (revelations) will become apparent immediately.

NAME CHARACTER
Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan Kenobi
Natalie Portman Padme Amidala Naberrie
Hayden Christensen Anakin Skywalker
Ian McDiarmid Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
Pernilla August Shmi Lars
Ahmed Best Jar Jar Binks
Anthony Daniels See-Threepio
Samuel L. Jackson Mace Windu
Frank Oz Yoda
Andrew Secombe Watto
Silas Carson Ki-Adi-Mundi
Kenny Baker Artoo-Detoo
Christopher Lee Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
Jimmy Smits Senator Bail Organa

Graeme Blundell Jobal Naberrie (official site lists him as farmer/grandfather or something)
David Bowers Senate Official
Rose Byrne Handmaiden
Marton Csokas Planetary Leader
Ayesha Dharker Queen Jamillia (official site lists her as a regal leader)
Matt Doran Unsavory Troublemaker
Joel Edgerton Owen Lars
Ron Falk Local Proprietor
Claudia Karvan Padme's sister
Jay Lavea Laga'aia Captain Typho (official site lists as loyal security officer)
Daniel Logan Mysterious young boy
Alethea McGrath Jedi Academic
Hayley Mooy Padme's niece
Temuera Morrison Jango Fett (official site lists as a bounty hunter)
Trisha Noble Ruwee Naberrie
Rena Owen Madame Jocastanu (no official site listing)
Anthony Phelan Global director
Bonnie Piesse Beru Whitesun
Susie Porter Waitress
Matther Rowan Indulgent Politician
Veronica Segura Handmaiden
Jack Thompson Gliegg Lars (official site lists as a modest farmer/husband)
Chris Truswell Various Characters (official site lists as Voices)
Leanna Walsman Zam Wesell (official site lists as skilled bounty hunter)
Ian Watkin Dexter Jettster (official site lists as food server)
Keira Wingate Padme's niece
Phoebe Yiamkiati Hermione Bagwa (official site lists as Jedi hopefull)

the surprises start right away.
1. Padme Amidala Naberrie. some have wondered about her name. perhaps Amidala was her middle name as listed here.
2. Some have wondered about darth sidious and palpatine being the same individual. i think this doesn't surprise too many of you.
3. Shmi LARS!!! holy cow (as the saying goes). this solves the mystery of why obi-wan tells luke that owen was his uncle. She probably marries this Gliegg Lars (Jack Thompson) and becomes Owen Lars' step mother!!!
4. Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus. we've heard about Dooku (spelled many ways) for a while but Lee's role was still unclear. if he is infact the new apprentice, that makes some sense with all the secrecy. recently, the name darth Tyranus has floated around too. i agree with many of you, sounds a little too reptilian. Maybe Christopher Lee's character Darth Tyranus should be seen not as a dinosaur, but as in Tyrant, etc.
5. Several members of the Naberrie family are named: Jobal, Ruwee, a sister, and nieces. cool. Maybe Padme's family has to flee Naboo for all of their safety. Maybe that's why she isn't listed as the queen any longer.
6. Queen Jamillia. New queen of Naboo???
7. Captain Typho. Probably the guy who replaces Panaka.
8. Beru Whitesun. This last name surprised me . . . for about 2 seconds. it fits in well with other names in luke's family. skywalker and darklighter (biggs) are similar.
9. I guess since Lianna Walsman is playing someone called Zam Wesell, she isn't playing Aurra Sing. we still don't know who that will be. unless she is played by the same person who played her in EI.

This has gone on long enough. enjoy and speculate here. any other thoughts?

cheers

darth stu
sorry this is hard to read. i typed this list in a word processor. i cut and pasted it here and it deleted my spaces. the actor's name is immediately followed by the character's name. hope it's not too confusing.

cheers

Darth Daft
Nope that was a great list of information Stu. Thanx!

King Jedi
Don't take the list as fact though. IMDB is supported by fans writing in with information so sometimes it isn't acurate. When TPM was being made IMDB confirmed Ray Park as playing Captain Panaka. If you tried hard enough you could probably get them to print that you will be in Ep2.

theEviljedi
I already have a topic on this with more info.Please close this Raz.

Darth Daft
Isn't that being a bit mean to Darth Stu? It must have taken him a while to write all that.

theEviljedi
Well he should have added on to mine then.Sorry Stu.

Darth Daft
Well seeing as he only made 2 posts while he was here he must have been in a hurry, so he didn't really have time to see if there was another forum already discussing it.

theEviljedi
Well we already have a topic on this.Two of the same thing is not too good.

Darth Daft
Okay then. I agree.

theEviljedi
Thank you.smile

Darth Daft
You're welcome. big grin

theEviljedi
Thank you for welcoming me.big grin

Dim
Back on topic...laughing out loud
Well, I don't know if I believe the Dooku/Tryanus piece...I would think there would be alot of conflict between a master and an apprentice that are both older men. Does anyone think that?

(oh, and I'm going to let this stay open unless you can find that other thread..I looked but I didn't see that's really like this..only vaguely similar..and they got off topic very early, so it doesn't make much sense to close this one in favor of an older out dated, off topic post. Let me know if you find the thread you were talking about EJ smile )

darth stu
today on the official site, it says that david bowers (listed as a senate official) will actually play Mas Ameda. cool. thanks for keeping this thread open. i honestly didn't know there was another thread on this topic.

darth stu
from this list and from the official site, the following two roles are listed:

Marton Csokas Planetary Leader
Anthony Phelan Global director

since we know that
1. palpatine is in control of Coruscant
2. Jabba is in control of Tattooine

that leaves Naboo and two other planets (maybe Alderaan and Mandalor, no one is in control of Dagobah except the swamp thing and yoda later).

i think it's possible that Ayesha Dharker, aka Queen Jamillia will be the ruler of Naboo (i obviously have no evidence for this, but Jamillia and Amidala sound somewhat similar smile ).

so the two listed above are probably the leaders of the two mystery planets.

Darth Daft
I thought Ayesha Dharker was going to play a handmaiden? I must be mistaken. And are you sure Jabba rules Tatooine? I thought he was just a rich crimelord like the rest of the Hutts.
Anyway, I agree that it would be nice to see some new planet rulers.

theEviljedi
Dim,it is called "Episodes II/III.What we know or think we know".And it is not outdated.I made it 2 weeks ago.

Darth Daft
Stu I just went on that site and now it says that Anthony Phelan will be playing the Prime Minister of Kamino.

theEviljedi
I don't think that source is very realiable.

Darth Daft
Well thats the first time I've visited the site, so I wouldn't know. But then both you and KJ have said its unreliable, so I'd better take your word for it.

theEviljedi
It's your decision so don't take my word for it if you don't want to.smile

Darth Daft
No really. I'm never going to visit it again now. Everyone I meet I'm going to tell them how unreliable it is. After all, you're probably right.

Darth Daft
I'm just kidding by the way. big grin

theEviljedi
Oh good.big grin

Darth Daft
Still, do you think that Kamino is almost certain to be a name of one of the new planets in Episode 2? Or is it still a complete rumour rather than a spoiler.

theEviljedi
Rumor.

Darth Daft
Oh right. Cheers EJ. smile I was just wondering.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.