The Sith Tattoo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
The Sith Tattoo which Darth Maul has on his face is printed on the ceiling of the dining room of Owen and Beru's farm. It's also printed on the ceiling of Anakin's house. Why?

Jedimaster3838
I think it is just a coinsedence, but maybe its a Tatooine thing, or a Skywalker thing. I mean who knows who Anakin's father is(I doubt its the "midichlorians"wink maybe, however doubtful, that the father of Anakin is Darth Maul. But I am going with sheer coinsedence.

Darth Daft
Heh heh, that would certainly surprise the fans, but I highly doubt it. And those markings on the ceiling are just coincidence according to Gavin Bouquet. Or it might have been John Knoll.

Dim
Are we sure that they're actually the same design or could they just be black and red and look similar?...I never noticed so I don't know.

Gundark
I'd have to go back and study my videos, but I don't recall the markings being identical. I could see the ceilings of the dwellings being similar due to a common "interior design" scheme on Tatoonine, but the Tattoo must be a mere coincedence. Did the Cantina in ep 4 or Watto's shop have ceiling markings ?

Darth Daft
I think it was too dark in the Cantina to see any markings and Watto's shop has a very high ceiling so you can't actually see it.
As for Anakin's home, I just read one of my Star Wars Magazines (UK version) and John Knoll did indeed say that it is just coincidence that the markings look like Maul. He also mentioned a lot of other false rumours like the one about Indiana Jones appearing in the Podrace crowd and C-3PO having his coverings on while standing in the background of a scene.

King Jedi
I read that as well but I've seen pictures of them and I'll try and post them here.

Darth Daft
I actually have pictures of both Darth Maul and the ceiling, but I can't post pictures on here. I think I got them from the Easter Egg section on theforce.net, even though it is a false easter egg (Well I think so anyway)

King Jedi
I saw them on Aldera net.

Darth Daft
I don't actually see why some people think they actually the same. I don't think the markings on the ceiling look anything like Darth Maul's tatoos. Besides, I would presume that the ceiling for the set was actually made quite a long time before the final design for Maul's face was finished.

King Jedi
But then why would they paint Mauls face to look like the ceiling?

Darth Daft
No that's not what I meant. I just mean that there is no connection between the two at all. Neither was designed to look like the other. It just happened.

King Jedi
But it's not exacly an everyday design. It's distinctive so I don't think it's a coincidence.

Darth Daft
But why would they make the two look the same anyway. What does Anakin's home have to do with Darth Maul? Something to do with him becoming a Sith Lord someday?

Dim
I tend to think that it's just a common design element..I haven't really heard of anything ot suggest other wise.

Darth Daft
Are there similar markings on the ceiling of the dining room in Owen Lars' home in ANH?

Dim
Hmmm, not that I know of...

King Jedi
There is. You can see it in the scene where Luke has lunch with Owen and Beru.

Darth Daft
Really? Thanx for that KJ. That shows that the ceiling in Anakin's room was probably supposed to look similar to the homestead then.

Dim
So it sounds to me like it's just a common decor...Right?

Darth Daft
Well that's what I think. Not everyone will agree though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.