Count Dooku (Jedi Master?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordRevan
If Count Dooku is so strong in the force why couldent he sense obi wan spying on him or felt his presents on Geonosis?

Ushgarak
He was not concentrating on doing so. These people are not infallible.

Darth Revan
Yes.. That's what I was going to say... Furthermore, it would have ruined the whole story...

Baylin
Besides which if Obi Wan was spying on someone he would probably be hiding his presence.

VengeanceGOD
I shall quote Legendary Frog in this:

"Plot device Mr Frodo, Plot device."

yerssot
Jedi are not all powerful you know wink

Darth Jello
He allowed Nute Gunray to put a hit on Padme. He knew that this would lead Obi-wan to Geonosis specifically. He then tried to sincerely convert him to the dark side and then use him to destroy sidous. at the same time he hoped for other Jedi to follow. the end of AOTC makes it clear that his orders and intentions from sidious were to start a war without looking particularly responsible. he succeded in the latter. shortly, Obi-wan's prescence was planned.

Ushgarak
Errr... no, I don't think his presence was planned that early. Dooku had to adapt to that.

Dirty Vader
The possibilities are endless, we'll have to wait until Ep III or EU to explain what Dooku's intentions realy were.

finti
Maybe Dooku did feel Obis precense, but wanted him to report something back to the JC in order to speed up the brewing conflict. After all someone ordered the battle droids out to surround and capture OBI, so that the Jedis would come and aid him.
To me it seems more like a twisted plan

Darth Jello
The Sith are threacherous. I think that it's pretty obvious that Dooku's intentions were to train Obi-wan as his sith apprentice.

finti
their plan was war

eleveninches
I thought that he did detect obiwan and thats how they discovered obiwan (on a tip from dooku)

Dooku claims that he has nothing to do with kenobis capture, ut he also claims that there are no bounty hunters on geonosis, then walks out to the geonosis colloseum with jango.

Ushgarak
But clearly Obi-Wan's capture was due to him being spotted by the Geonosisians- that was clearly shown.

LordRevan
i think he was being spied on from the biginning

xeous
And then be killed by Sideous? I don't think so...Remember the rule of two...

Darth Jello
no, to turn against sidious and kill him. the dark side corrupts

Ushgarak
One way or another it is clear that Obi-Wan was not MEANT by the bad guys to get to Geonosis at that time. Jango tried to kill him! As soon as Jango saw Obi-Wan on Kamino he knew that the Jedi were moving to fast so he immediately fled to Geonosis to TELL Dooku, and when he saw Obi-Wan was following he 'killed' him.

Dooku had to improvise on the spot to get his plan to succeed. I think the point at which it moved too fast is that Obi-Wan traced Jango's dart faster than a planner may have considered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.