Saber twirls

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Ghyslain
Hi,I'm looking for saber twirl techniques. I thnik saber twirling looks really cool, so I'd like to learn to do it, too. However, I haven't managed to find anything on the subject in the Web, and the movements in the movies are too fast, and even with the slowdown I can't catch them. So any help - preferably provided with charts - would be greatly appreciated.

yerssot
erm... DG... twirling your sabre isn't difficult you know :s
just get a stick or whatever you want to use as sabre and make a quick circular motion with your wrist
just need a good flexible wrist and it should be ok smile
you have some other techniques but that one is actualy the simple one

Darth Ghyslain
Well, I've got a broomstick all right smile , I just don't know how exactly those moves are done. I'd like to repeat ones of D.Maul as he enters the energy room (see photo) and Obi-Wan as he kills the giant mantis in Episode II.

yerssot
oh yeah, those smile

well, honestly, have to check them again, but just practice a lot and get the wrist flexible and with doing it fast enough you get the twirl done

LordRevan
how about trying yoda's twirl when he was fighting dooku or anakin when he was useing two light sabers those were good twirls.

Darth Ghyslain

Darth Revan
y'know, I was trying to figure out how to do the thing from KotOR when you turn on your double-bladed lightsaber and spin it around once on your right side, switch over to your left side, and do it again there

Darth Jello
well, Ray Park is a second degree blackbelt in Wu Shu...

Darth Revan
I'm not surprised...

LordRevan
well Darth Revan im able to do that saber twirl on kotor like you said it was hard but i all most got.

there is also saber twirls on Jedi academy with two saber or a staff you could also try those.

godfather

LordRevan
if you really want to act like a real jedi just get a replica of a lightsaber on www.masterreplicas.com thats where i got mine I got Darth Vaders red lightsaber it was 129$ good price! its called force fx

Sith Master X
Did anyone like the twirl Dooku did with his saber behind his back when he was fighting with Yoda? Watch, the camera shows an above view of Dooku and Yoda, and Dooku twirls his saber holding it behind his back, and as he does this, he twirls his body (slowly) as well. Pretty sweet!

SMX
cool

Rogue Jedi
ray park is a seasoned martial artist. he obviously trained for years doing this.

wuTa
yea olays toad in x-men and in the scene were he fights storm she falls in the elevator he does this awesome twirl wiht a pipe in the air....good stuff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.