Thing vs Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kal-el
It seems both these characters are similar in strength and weight and both have a big fan base so if you're a fan of either, say what you think!
Organic Steel or Orange Rock?

Linkalicious
I already told you, i'm going goin with Orange Rock....GO THING!

kal-el
YES!!a reply!!You go with you're rock man. colussus is the real deal man of steel!

kal-el
you see that link old buddy!2-1!HA!

Obviously
When you factor in that the Fantastic Four have been around long before Colossus became an X-Man and they've faced down the most dangerous cosmic threats in the universe, I have to go with Thing for his experience and strength. He's fought the Hulk on several occasions with close fights. Colossus might win, and I think I like Colossus more than the everlovin' blue eyed Thing, but Thing is more of a brawler and he'd hang in until Piotr Rasputin throws in the towel.

This being if Colossus was still alive today, *sniff*

LeAtHerRFace
THe ThIng.. Hes a classic..

Blade Cutter
there even in strenght but Thing duz not give up even when he knows he is out muched.In a long fight Thing wins.

VENOMfan
ok first the tale of the tape

Colossus
http://www.marveldirectory.com/pics/picsc/colossus.gif

Height: (normal) 6 ft. 6 in. (armored) 7 ft. 5 in.
Weight: (normal) 250 lbs. (armored) 500 lbs.
Eyes: Blue, (transformed) Silver
Hair: Black

Strength Level: In his normal human form Peter Rasputin possesses the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. As Colossus he can left (press) at least 70 tons under optimal conditions.

Special Skills: Talented artist in drawing and painting

Known Superhuman Powers: Colossus is a mutant with the superhuman ability to convert the tissue of his entire body into an organic steel-like substance, granting him superhuman strength and a high degree of resistance to bodily harm. This substance, resembling organic steel, is of unknown composition but appears to be analogous to osmium and to carbon steel. He is able to transform into this armor-like state at will (the process is virtually instantaneous) and remain in that form for an as yet undetermined amount of time. (The longest time he has remained in armored form so far has been five days). Once in his armored form he remains so until he consciously wills himself back to normal. If he is rendered unconscious, however, he spontaneously reverts to his normal form. While in his armored state, Colossus possesses the same degree of mobility that he does in his normal form.

The process by which Colossus transforms himself to armored form and back (including his gain of additional mass from an unknown, perhaps extra-dimensional, force) remains unknown. Colossus cannot become partially or selectively armored; his body is either entirely converted or not. Even his eyes become steel-like; his eyeballs can withstand and deflect the impact of a .45 caliber bullet.

In his armored form Colossus is highly resistant to most forms of bodily harm. His armor is capable of withstanding ballistic penetration, including that of a 110 millimeter Howitzer shell. He could survive a collision with a loaded, one-ton flatbed truck at 100 miles per hour or an explosion of 450 pounds of TNT. He can survive extremes of temperature from 70 degrees above absolute zero (-390 degrees Fahrenheit) to approximately 9000 Fahrenheit. However, it is theorized that above the latter temperature, his armored form would begin to melt. Colossus's armored form cannot rust under normal Earth conditions.

Colossus is in unusually fine physical health, permitting the transition back and forth from his normal organic flesh state to his armored form to occur with minimal stress on his system. His normal lungs are capable of holding his breath for 3.6 minutes. In the past he has exhibited a minimal or nonexistent need to breathe while in his armored state. However, it is believed that he could not survive for long in a vacuum. His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form.

VENOMfan

VENOMfan
I say the Thing, the Strength is about even so is the Durability but I think Thing is a better fighter. he has faced Hulk plenty of times. Thing wins IMO

Iron-man
Thing all the way

kal-el
Colssus is more durable man thing and is infact stronger. He lifts 100tonnes(but no more).I know the directory says 70 tonnes but trust me its wrong. His reactions are faster than normal when armoured too, so thing has no advantage there.This is a great fight and both guys have very big hearts, and never give up. Tough call but I'm gonna say the big russian

norrin radd
i was gonna say the thing, but after reading kal post, if colossus is more strong and durable, i have to choose him.

eleveninches
Colossus.

Although collossus is dead, so thing would win

Maelstrom
This is a case where strength is not the determinante factor. Colossus is a 100 ton and Thing 85. The thing is still near impossible to damage under all that brick. It becomes a challenge of training and Ben is the better fighter. Over a perlong period of time who is more likely to have keep their focus. That advantage i would give to old blue eyes.
Just my opinion.

DarkCrawler
Thing. He has more experience.

who?-kid
Difficult one. I can see them both win.

Thing has more experience, but Colossus is more durable (and has been trained by Wolverine). I know Thing is a good fighter and I'm the last one to underestimate him, but according to me, Colossus uses his brains more than "it's clobbering time" Thing.

But then again, I would say that Thing wins, because he doesn't know what the words "give up" and "quit" mean (he never cared that much for dictionaries stick out tongue). That guy just keeps coming !

It depends entirely on the writer and the story, because they're too equal.

Wynndar
no writer on the planet would write a strory where Colossus would win...Stan Lee would have them fired smile...I love colossus...but Grimm is in my top 3 favorites...so i might be biases...yes colossus strength has increases as he has gotten older...He is not superhuman level 100 though...maybe in ultimate x-men...but if u want to compare him to the thing in ultimate fantastic four go ahead, he is nothing like the original, he is not a pilot, and he is not 6 feet tall...he's an 8 foot tall monster...we havent seen how strong he is yet cuz there have only been four issues and he hasnt fought anyone...as for the regular fantastic four's Thing...he is in Heaven right now, if ur familiar, Doom possessed his body and Reed had to kill Grimm to save Johnny Storms life and the lives of hundreds of soldiers....additionally, the thing is no longer still superhuman 85...why do i say this? because he is constantly getting stronger by the more radiation he absorbs...apparently fighting all those cosmic baddies exposes him to the stuff...proof?...the thing has gone back in time and beat the sh1t out of his old self on more than one occasion stating "Im older than you, Ive absorbed more cosmic rays" when explaining why he was so much stronger...additionally Reed Richards has said that thing doesnt weigh 500lbs anymore...but over 700lbs....he would have to gain strength as he gains this weight...I dont know how colossus powers work, i dont think they have developed him as much to clarify, but there really isnt another strong guy as developed as the thing....the thing works out...his strength works just like a regular man's that he gets stronger from weight training...in fact he was recently shown lifting over 85 tons and breaking the machine applying the weight...does colossus' strength do this too?....present thing is stronger than present colossus....even though they r both dead....but the thing will be back unlike colossus...ultimate FF thing's strength is undetermined but he is at least bigger than Ultimate Colossus, who is also a very strong and bad ass mutant.

Wynndar
but concerning who would win in a fight, colosss is in no way on the same level of fighting as the thing, even if wolverine gives him a few lessons...Wolverine and human Ben Grimm fought in the army together...like his bio says, he was a great fighter even before he became the thing..does anyone remember when champion wanted to fight all the great heroes from earth...Thor and the Hulk were disqualified, Thor because he couldnt be separated from Mjolnir and Hulk because he was a raging brute...however....most all the big named strong guys fought him....colossus got trashed though...although he lasted longer than almost everyone else (everyone but one guy)...he was all bruised up and appeared to even be bleeding if my memory is right?...ya bruised up steel...he couldnt even defend himself at all from Champion's punches...so who was able to go toe to toe the longest?...The Thing, even though he was eventual all bruised and bleeding too...this fight went for a very long time and the Thing never quit...colossus has put up a fight against Gladiator, but was knocked out...The Gladiator took the thing by surprise too and punched him through about 40 cars...threw him through the baxter building....and then hit him with a bus...knocking him out...but he was back and at full strength in about 5 minutes, punching the bus far into the air with one arm...then he fought a colossus doppleganger...a skrull imposter who was supposed to be tougher than the real colossus...he hit Captain America in the shield and Cap went flying....the thing was beating him, but when he found out he was a skrull he no longer held back and totally demolished him...how about the Hulk? has colossus ever been able to go toe to toe with him...Colossus has fared very well against the juggernaut i will say that...the Juggernaut downed the thing in 3 blows in the secret wars II...but i think this was just horendous writing...regardless, present day thing and present day colossus are a lot stronger than they used to be and I think they would be a very good fight if colossus ever comes back to life...but i would still honestly give it to the Thing for being a far better fighter and basically the toughest most strong of will fighter in Marvel

who?-kid
Wynndar, you have made some good points, and I agree with most of them, but I still believe that Colossus also could win from the Thing.

You're right when you write that Colossus was knocked down by the Gladiator, but that's a bit unfair, because you make it seem that it took the Gladiator only one punch. That's not true, they fought a while, but eventually Colossus lost. Like most people will do, when fighting Gladiator, even the Thing.

The difference in strength between the two isn't, in my opinion, that much (not enough to be a deciding factor) but I'm convinced that organic steel is much tougher than organic rock. That could Colossus give an edge.

I don't say Colossus will win, I just say (and said) that he has a fair chance. He's no pushover and a good fighter.

I wrote it in my previous message that I don't underestimate the Thing, he has proven himself lots of times. And he never gives up. But I have the impression that people underestimate Colossus, because he's not the macho kind. He's soft and gentle, likes to paint, doesn't show off with his powers and isn't that fond of fighting.

Imagine the same guy with the exact same powers, but with a bad-ass reputation. I'm sure that, in that case, more people will vote Colossus the winner, how stupid it may sound.

I just want to point out that I suspect that lots of people think : Oh, Colossus, that soft Russian farmerboy against the famous streetwise all-american "clobbering time" loud-mouth Thing, well, of course the Thing would win, because he's our Thing.

So I will repeat myself : they can both win, and it depends entirely on the writer and the story. Doesn't it always ?

kal-el
yeah good points wyndar.I cant call it.I might be leaning towards Ben now. Colossus is 100tonne level though, thats a fact.And ultimate colossus is much stronger than the old one. He once lifted a submarine out of a wedge under the ocean and a sub weighs 10s of 1000s of tonnes.And it is said he's only a teenager and hasnt reached maturity yet.Ultimate thing is huge though too and shakes the ground when he walks. It has been revised when Colossus actually weighed 2000lbs in armoured form because when he joined excalibur they worked it out or some shit. THing has a rep for havin the biggest heart but Petey boy never gives up neither, nor does he get fatigued in armoured form so that could be a factor.Plus Colossus' body is harder than thing's,there would be chips of rock flying everywhere. It's way too close to call.

VENOMfan
wow...so the Thing is getting bigger and stronger eh? bout friggin time!

Wynndar
that is weird if they quadrupled colossus weight in excalibur...and yes, The Thing is bigger and stronger than the 500lbs class 85 strength back in the day.

Arachnoidfreak
i think they will beat each other until they both are worn to nothing, and with their fourth, or even fifth wind, they grapple, neither giving an inch...then they headbutt each other at the same time and are knocked unconcious. Draw Match!

LeAtHerRFace
Whats IMO?

And for the record The Thing rocks!. Thing would trash the metal man.

JuggernautFan
IMO would = In My Opinion. but i'd have to go with colossus. he has been a savage fighter when provoked to do so. he will even take a life when enraged. his skills are not as great as things, but he is a great fighter none the lesss. his durability is by far greater than things. but things determination will not let him fall easily. now that i think about it Double T.K.O.

kal-el
yeah it is weird but it makes more sense that 7 feet of bulky solid steel would weigh that much. Thing should definaitley weigh much more.I think he does in the ultimate FF.You read issue 5 yet?.He beats the crap out of giant monster in manhatten.Thats classically typical FF stuff.

kal-el
well anyway, check out this colossus fanpage.it explains some stuff we didnt know about the true man of steelhttp://members.aol.com/pgkrumholz/colossus/ColStats.html

Wynndar
I never intended to make colossus look soft or anything, sorry if that was how i came off...modern colossus doesnt have that image anyway, he has been a villain and even demonstrated that he can be ruthless...I think that he is the most strong and formidable mutant for anyone to go toe to toe in hand to hand combat....well Wolvie is pretty tough....Maggot too, no one thinks about him much....regardless, the Thing is the toughest hero on the planet, is his skin as durable as colossus'? no, but he can take much more of a beating; and he is not just slightly more experienced or a better fighter, he is far more experienced and better at fighting...Colossus would barely be able to touch him...the thing is not stupid!!! why do people keep saying that, he is above average intelligence and has picked up a lot of stuff just from being around Richards so much.....yea he screams "clobberin time" a lot, but that is not the extent of his vocabulary...colossus is more durable, there is no argument about that...but the thing is better in every other category and is just an all around better hero, no way he would lose to colossus

who?-kid
I can live with your arguments smile So if they fought let's say 10 times, Thing would win 8 of them, maybe 9. Colossus the rest.

Hey, I like Colossus, give him a break, he deserves to win once in a while smile. But granted, Thing is better.

JuggernautFan
Things skill doesn't totally dwarf colossus's. if my memory serves me thing does train, but is often seen laying around in a chair eating potato chips or something like that. colossus is constantly conditioning himself. training for battle. i'd say at best a 5/10 for either. no way the difference is an 8 out of 10 between the 2. impossible.

VENOMfan
I dont think Colossus would get half the wins. maybe not 8/10 favor of thing but still 6 or 7/10

kal-el
yeah thing maybe wins more out of 10.But I think out of 10 they would drawa.I really think theyre that close - we'd only get a winner out of an odd number.He can take more of beating against someone close to his strenght like colossus, kinda lika a superpowered Rocky,he'll accept the pain and carry on, colossus rarely feels pain so maybe wouldnt take it better. Neither of them has martial arts type skill but are both accomplished punchers/boxers. I spose next time we see them fight will be in the ultimate universe.Well hopefully coz theyre both stronger than ever before!

kal-el
I think this is a fair point.Those x-kids are always honing their skills. In ultimate x-men, colossus benches on a machine which looks like its linked to tonnes of weights underground or something.Benny boy does have the army experience though and thats pretty good training too.

Wynndar
hahahaha...the thing is shown working out more than any other strong guy in marvel, conditioning is not an argument that would support colossus....yea 8/10 sounds about right...again, im not trying to put down colossus, he is one of my favorite x-men, and like i said the most formidable to fist fight...but we r talking about the Thing, he plays a bigger role in his team, a team that goes against more powerful enemies on a regular bases, Colossus wasnt even a constant part of the x-men roster...even when the thing took time off he still had his own comic and he still clobbered people...the thing has too much experience, and his fighting abilities do dwarf colossus'....and yes, modern thing uses Judo against his enemies now...but as usual people who downplay him dont sound well informed...oh well...if there rnt any arguments other than "i think colossus could take him because he's really cool and the thing sucks" then i have nothing else to debate about

VENOMfan
If somebody wants to say the Thing sucks I want them to read this before saying it.

Shut the **** up stupid

Wynndar
hahaahaaaa

FrothByte

Wynndar
didnt u already post that on another thread? this isnt about who is more durable, because colossus has already demonstrated that didnt help against champion...the thing is jus higher quality, it wasnt too long ago that he took on the whole avengers...neutralizing everyone except for Captain America then they decided to make a truce, it was during the story where Reed was posing as Doctor Doom because he couldnt get out of his armor...could colossus take on the Avengers?...nope

FrothByte
i think you guys underesimate colossus too much. durability is not everything, but it does mean a lot. i agree that the thing's fighting ability is better than colossus, but not that much that you can definitely give the win to thing. 5/10 win per individual is a good estimate. the fight could go either way.

Linkalicious
I've read all the posts and agree that they are at a near stalemate with both strength and durability.

Thing wins this because if one of his connected punches hits hard enough, it's going to daze or knockout Colossus to the point where he can't keep himself transformed into metal. Then he's putty in Things hand.

DarkCrawler
Ultimate Colossus is the coolest.

eleveninches
no he's not!! He killed Psylocke!!!

DarkCrawler

eleveninches
Hope she appears more in ultimate than she has previously done.

DarkCrawler
I hope that also.

SUPERMANDAMAN
I HAVE NO CLUE WHO WOULD WIN BETWEEN THESE TWO BOTH ARE ABOUT EQUAL IN STRENGTH AND BOTH HAVE BOUT THE SAME DURABILITY SO WHO DO U THINK WOULD WIN? Happy Dance

Arachnoidfreak
There is already a thread about this.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292661&highlight=thing+vs+collossus

try searching the forum for answers before posting repetitive threads.

SUPERMANDAMAN
HOW BOUT ULTIMATE COLOSSUS AND ULTIMATE THING

JuggernautFan
i think ultimate colossus would win. magneto failed to hold him to the gorund, and he held his own with thor and iron man at the same time.

SUPERMANDAMAN
and he did stop a train witch look pretty tight

Austinzilla
definitely Colossus...he would shuffle Thing's deck clean

Austinzilla
the strength levels

The Thing: 70-80 tons
Colossus: 90-100 tons

DarkCrawler
But I believe that Thing could win.

Wynndar
man we have had this convo before...and ultimate colossus would have to go against ultimate Thing...who is about ten feet tall and has different powers than classic Thing....but if u want to compare the classic characters i think they fought each other....although I've never seen the fight...but when Thing was totally dominating a skrull doppleganger who he thought was colossus, he says the doppleganger is way tougher than Colossus should be. Also, when Champion of the Universe fought all the heroes of Earth, the Thing did far better than any others, including Colossus who just got his ass beat and couldnt even mount an offense...also, u never see colossus going toe to toe with the Hulk all on his own do u?...well at least he hasnt done it about 15 times like the Thing...i recall colossus fighting Grey Hulk, with the rest of the x-men too...I dont want to down colossus, he has fought Gladiator, and put Jugs on his but a couple times too...he's hella durable too...but the Thing is just too great a fighter, too experienced, and stronger in my opinion since he is continually getting stronger from any cosmic rays he's exposed to when he's in outer space or the Negative zone...colossus is really tough too though...he would put up a great fight but I doubt that Stan Lee would ever allow an issue to depict colossus beating the Thing, original strong guy of Marvel, who takes on guys more powerful than himself and wins through pure determination and toughness

manjaro
I aslo would have to go with the Thing. Colossus is my favorit of all time, but he's no match. The Thing has gone up aginst the Hullk and Wendigo, and held his own. In fact the only time the hulk beat him hands down was when he was the professor hulk and it was only becuase he was smarter this time around. So time and time again its going to boil down to different incarnations becuase according to marvel directory. com the thing can lift 85tons, and it also mentioned that at an earlier point in his life he could only lift 5 tons, and consistently, it was accepted than colossus was class70, it as only been recently that he has been upgraded to 100.

manjaro
also colossus can only remain in armored form while he is conscious, so if the thing manages to hit colossus hard enough and render him unconscious he would be at his mercy

JuggernautFan
but colossus has "put juggernaut on his butt a few times" and thing failed to do that. i am leaning towards colossus myself. he's not as experience.... or as determined as thing, but he is just as strong if not stronger, and he's more durable than thing..... and it's not just a little gap when dealing with durability. he's no slouch when it comes to street fighting either. he has had training, and he knows how to throw a mean punch also. thing would have to wear down on colossus much more than colossus would have to wear down on thing. thing would more than likely have to tag colossus much more... could he do it before he falls??? it's entirely speculation. but i say 50/50 or colossus winning slightly more.

JuggernautFan
this is false..... juggernaut has knocked colossus out twice with a single punch and he DID NOT revert to human form. he stayed armored up.

Maelstrom
Good thread! - The thing is a brawler, Colossus can rampage. I think Peter takes him out. The Colossus i know used to be 70 tons and grew up to be 100 ton+. Thing is like 95 ton. Take a hammer to a brick and the brick shatters.

Linkalicious
screw power in this fight. 15 tons of strength isn't going to be the deciding factor in this, and the whole "strength" arguement has been beat into the ground by this forum.

Ben Grim is not a brawler, he's THE brawler. I'd like to see some proof that Colossus has a high durability than Thing. No i'm not talking marvel directories or comic cards...i want comic proof. Name an issue or series where Colossus sustains more abuse than the Thing....then I'll belive you.

To me this is just like Beast vs. Sabretooth. The better fighter is going to win, not just the stronger guy.

manjaro
then i stand corrected

Wynndar
no i dont think so....he must have been slightly conscious cuz they have stated before that colossus turns back to normal if he's knocked out....even the Marvel Handbook mentions this i think...as for the Thing Jugs battle, this wasterribly indecisive, like i always say, they need to fight again sometime time soon and u know the Thing will trash modern Jugs...Thing fights 99 villains and then Jugs, and is surprised to find out he has lost his strength augmentaion that he had against the other 99 guys...they need to fight again, modern Thing is way stronger than he was in those days and Jugs just sucks right now

bardock
thing willl go down.

Wynndar
sorry to get off track, this thread isnt about Jugs...but concerning the comments about THing's strength...the 85 ton stat is from way back before the Things second mutation...after his second mutation he was stronger than the Hulk or anyone else around...Marvel directory makes no mention of this because it is word for word from the old "Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition" published in dec 1986...however a year later in Fantastic Four #310 published in January 1988, the Thing Mutated again into his spike form...he remained in this form, except when he was transformed into a human, until issue 354 in July 1991, where he turned back to his rock form without any explanation. While in his spike form he never encountered anything or anyone stronger than him...nor did he find himself unable to complete a task because he wasnt strong enough...for instance he actually picked up and threw the space ship of Kang the Conquerer and kicked the Hulk's ass...he was well over 100 ton strength at this time but the directory does not mention it because its information is antiquated...additionally, the Thing originally weighed 400lbs...the directory says he weighs 500lbs, the most recent mention of his weight by Reed Richards is 700lbs but feels like he could be heavier...so if in issue # 264 the Thing's weight is 400lbs and is perhaps in the 85 ton class, then be 75% bigger in modern comics where he weighs 700lbs, would that mean he is probably stronger and in the 100+ ton class today, and stronger than colossus (deceased)? I think so...the Thing doesnt give his strength away, he doesnt even reveal his true strength to Reed Richards as demonstrated in issue #77 where he breaks one of his inventions trying to test his strength...this is probably why whenever a villain makes restraints for the Thing, like Doctor Doom or the Wizard, he always breaks free because they underestimate his strength

ScarletSpider
Thing's stats need some major updating. He should be in the 100 range. But nothing is ever perfect. The first apperance of Alpha Flight, Sasquatch caught a plane which weighs 250 tons. In all of the handbooks and references, it states he can only lift 70. A little discrepancy, eh? So, not even the official word can always be correct. And Thing would kick Collosus' ass.

badsymbiote
I dunno. That's a good matchup. I like them both very much--but Piotr is cuter for sure. There's the girlie perspective of the day.

JuggernautFan
the bio's are not always 100 percent correct..... would you like pictures. colossus is completely limp at the hands of juggernaut, and his friends are getting trounced on. he is unconscious. as for the rest i do agree that they need to do the battle over again. but still i dont' think thing would last long at all. he's a better fighter, and could probably dodge a few of juggernauts blow's, but it will eventually catch up with him, as he couldn't do anything to juggernaut. speaking of the original juggernaut that is, not the imposternaut.

Wynndar
yea i just think that Jugs and the Thing r due for another battle...strongest version of Jugs verus strongest version of Thing, who knows who would win, all i know is that spike form Thing never encountered anyone or anything he couldnt overpower including the Hulk, who he simply outclassed, Jugs is yet to do that....current thing versus current Jugs goes to Thing though...the time they did fight I think it was very reasonable that Jugs win, but i just think that it was a crappy issue and a crappy title, kinda like how u feel about the Onslaught thing.

Victor Von Doom
Thing every time. Colossus has got the rampaging element, but Thing would take it. He's held out against Hulk for a good while so I don't think Colossus' being 100 class makes a difference.

Arachnoidfreak
Hulk's fists weren't made of organic steel. ever smash a rock with a hammer? kind of the same concept here.

Wynndar
yea Hulks fists r a lot harder than steel....thats why his punches have damaged adamantium

Arachnoidfreak
ok Hulk has to die. Someone kill Bruce Banner. I defended Hulk once, but I'm already sick of hearing his f*cking name.

JuggernautFan
colossus' body is much harder than hulks. he can survive more intense heat, and abscence of heat. he isn't technically "steel". but an organic metal that is very durable. hulk is able to endure what he does because of his healing factor.

Victor Von Doom
Not really...it's not the point I was making.

Wynndar
i would have to say Hulks fists are harder because they have his bones immediately beneath his skin wich is harder than colossus...bones that can hold up a mountain compred to bones that might hold 90-100 tons?...not even close....Hulk's fists have denatured adamantium and would easily denature colossus....when they have faced off colossus could not even combat him one on one....just attack with the rest of the x-men

JuggernautFan
when did they fight???

IRTMU-Dragon
Hmm.... Id have to go with collosus mainly because I doubt thing could break his skin. And plus one punch would knock him.

VENOMfan
I say Thing, he is a better fighter and held up better against foe's that Colossus went down too

JuggernautFan
but colossus, on the other hand has fought juggernaut and did way better than thing ever did (in terms of fighting skills). they were both laid out however when juggernaut hit them. i say thing has slightly better fighting skills/experience. but colossus is more athletic/higher durability. much higher if you ask me....... i don't thing can wear down on colossus fast enough before he starts to fatigue in some way or another. just my opinion of coarse......

IRTMU-Dragon
Oooh... Venomfan you dissed my vote to my face... You know what im gonna have to do?
Im gonna have to say the thing sucks. Whaddya gonna do about that venomfan? Muahah... muahahaahha!

VENOMfan
Your banned

j/k

JuggernautFan
how exactly did you become a moderator *spelling*

IRTMU-Dragon
You put J/K a little to far down...I almost had a heart attack... god...
Yea, I was just joking also. I bet youd just like to ban people just like that, wouldnt ya?
But honestly, I dont care, cause this forum is gonna end up like all the others! You get two closely equal characters and the argues will never cease.

VENOMfan
for the most part good behavior, and I racked up my post count in these forum's. about 4000 between here and the Spidey forum

IRTMU-Dragon
Heh, Nice... Anyways... im done on this thread.

moshtitan
id say thing, but who knows. maybe collosus could land a lucky punch.

SnakeEyes
If it was Ultimate Colossus, i think he would win, i mean he held his own against Thor and Iron Man in the Ultimate War.
But other than that i do not know

crazyspinz
colossus is stonger, (100 tons) better trained (danger room owns things gym) and more shiny

colossus wins

KharmaDog
Forget about strength for a moment, let's just say that they are even.

Taking a page out of reality, a smart fighter always beats a brawler, Holyfield owned tyson, he was smarter and realized that to counter a brawler, you beat him technically. Collosus would do the same to thing.

Linkalicious
Strength - who cares...both are strong enough to hurt eachother. Colossus being 15 higher on class means squat unless they are in a weight lifting competition.

Durability - I'd give this to Colossus because as it's been stated, generally speaking, metal is more durable than rock.

Toughness - Thing. Infact, I'd say it's difficult to find someone tougher

Fighting Ability - Thing, he's a brawler, but an experienced brawler. Unlike the Holyfield vs Tyson analogy....Thing doesn't have organized rules to live by. His list of Marvel punching bags is long and impressive.

Speed - Who cares....it's not going to be a determining factor

Intelligence - who cares....neither will trump the other with their mind....this is going to be a dirty fist fight to the end.

I give this one to the Thing. Mostly because he's a better fighter than Colossus. I think Thing's determination stalemates Colossus' durability, because each's advantage in those areas are minor.

Nataku8188
Except when colossus dodge's one of Thing's swings and mauls him in the face.

They are equal on strength (Or at least close enough for it not to matter enough), but colossus is faster and more durable, while thing is more determined and a more experienced fighter. It can go either way.

Linkalicious
how much faster is Colossus....really....

I'd say having better fighting skills would allow Thing to dodge a blow and re-arrange Colossus face a lot better than mere speed alone.

Havoc470
id still go with the thing, i mean he kept his ground against the hulk....but thats only from what i've seen him experience

i really dont consider speed as a determining factor, but it is an edge which im not even sure colossus has much of, where things edge is alot more strength

Wynndar
Colossus could not directly engage Grey Hulk in a fight, he just ran around with the rest of the x-men....the Thing kicked Grey Hulk's ass

Spiderninja008
....Collosus is stronger than grey hulk....

newho, Yo, do you guys know anything about fighting?? Speed is an important if not the most important factor in fighting, not necessarily strength. Collosus wasn't beat by Gladiator (not that he could beat Gladiator neway), if you've read the original Pheonix saga it was the ruins that crumbled from their fighting that decided the match.

Collosus has been trained not only by wolvy, but also in judo by cyclops, (see uncanny X-Men when Vindicator hunts down Wolvy). Collosus is smaller and stronger than thing (collosus has been 100 class for a long time) and thus faster due to less range of motion, and more ability to manipulate the Thing due to size and speed. It is hard to wrestle someone smaller, especially when weight and strength are irrelovent. Therefore, Collosus has even more advantage. Collosus beats Thing in durability as well. Collosus wins.

Wynndar
colossus is more durable true
colossus is faster false
colossus is better fighter false
colossus is more flexible false
colossus is stronger false

if you read the things profile in the marvel handbook you will see it states he has lost no speed or flexibility from his increase in volume, it will also say he has very fast reflexes and was a formidable fighter before he even gained his powers (grew up in a ruff neighborhood and had military training)...the old stats on both the Thing and colossus are outdated, they say the Thing was superhuman 85 and colossus was class 70...i think it is safe to say they are both in the 100 class range because the Thing gets stronger the older he gets from absorbing more cosmic radiation and Colossus has become a man and not a teenager. regardless, the Thing is a better fighter, and he does encorporate Judo occasionally in his fights...here is a list of people Thing has fought, can colossus provide a list as impressive?

The Beyonder!
Champion of the universe
Thanos (once with Thor and once without)
Occulus
Gladiator
Doctor Doom
Terrax
Graviton
Hulk
The entire Shiar emperial guard
Black Bolt
Annihilus
Juggernaut
Super Skrull
Hercules
Blastaar
Wonderman
She-Hulk
Titania
Absorbing Man
The Wrecker
Sasquatch
Rhino

Maelstrom
With the new getting stronger Colossus i take him over the Thing. raver

Havoc470
i think thing would still own current astonishing xmen colossus

Wynndar
they have both gotten stronger and heavier

spyrokinesi35
and here's the list of people he won to
The Beyonder!(never seen him fight thing but there's a fat chance of thing winning)
Champion of the universe
Thanos (once with Thor and once without)
Occulus
Gladiator(barely and only with the help of the FF)
Doctor Doom(help of the FF)
Hulk (only won twice out of about 13 battles)
The entire Shiar emperial guard(with help of ff)
Annihilus
Blastaar(this one is pretty amazing to beat for thing)
Wonderman
Titania(she's weak she only has one power, and it's not that great)
Absorbing Man(barely)
The Wrecker
Sasquatch
Rhino

Wynndar
he did beat the Beyonder but the beyonder was not fighting back...he basically broke the beyonder's face...the Thing realized felt so awful afterward and eventually became friends with the beyonder

Tron
When did Thing beat Champion and Thanos?

juggernaut74
now this would be a good fight. But colossus would win this one. Well heres why. Strength goes to colossus. He can lift 100 tons while thing is at 85. Fighting skills are even with a slight edge going to colossus cause of his danger room training. Now durability. everyone knows steel is way harder than rock. Colossus dont need to breath or eat so that means he does not get tired. Thing needs to do these thing and will get weaker as the fight progresses. Colossus is completely invulnerable as to where thing has some. That being his eyes are very vulnerable and would be a easy target for Colossus to poke out. So Colossus should win this battle.

Maelstrom
With the return of Colossus as an even stronger hero, I think Colossus would level the Thing. Colossus had been at 100 class for some years and now he seems to be well over that level.
Someone will have to update me on the thing but he is only near 100 class last i knew(which isn't much), I never hear of his increases.
So unless The Thing "gasses" and knock Colossus out...make mine marvel. raver

crazyspinz
thing is class 85, and colossus is class 100+ now, colossus is also a better fighter and is way more durable

Wynndar
Originally posted by juggernaut74
now this would be a good fight. But colossus would win this one. Well heres why. Strength goes to colossus. He can lift 100 tons while thing is at 85. Fighting skills are even with a slight edge going to colossus cause of his danger room training. Now durability. everyone knows steel is way harder than rock. Colossus dont need to breath or eat so that means he does not get tired. Thing needs to do these thing and will get weaker as the fight progresses. Colossus is completely invulnerable as to where thing has some. That being his eyes are very vulnerable and would be a easy target for Colossus to poke out. So Colossus should win this battle. [/QUOT

almost everything you said is inaccurate

Wynndar
When Thing was rated at 85 tons that was in the 80s back when colossus was only 70 tons...they have both increased since then, at one point the Thing was stronger than the Hulk (spike form)...i would put both colossus and Thing in the 100 class now. But still THing is a better and more experienced fighter. Colossus got an upgrade in strength. But the Thing's powers operate on a higher level. Do u know what kind of upgrades he has in store?

http://milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=fullsize&issue=30933846944%2058

juggernaut74
So a rock is harder than steel ok.
Things eyes arent invulernable ok.
Colossus isnt stronger ok. (try reading official marvel encyclopedias)
Thing dont need to eat or breath ok.
I guess you need to do some homework.

juggernaut74
The only thing i can see that I might be wrong is the fighting skills.

Swanky-Tuna
He said almost everything. Colossus and Thing aren't actually made of rocks and steel obviously and where's this official marvel encyclopedia?

Evangel94
Thing in a very close battle.

Wynndar
Thing is not made out of rock...it looks like rock...Colossus isnt made out of steel...it looks like steel...Thing bends steel like playdough...doesnt mean he can rip right through Colossus and vise versa...neither Thing or Colossus are invulnerable...they are very resistant to injury but not invulnerable...dont tell me to do my homework or read the official marvel encyclopdia...I all the official marvel handbooks, I know their powers. regardless, they have antiquated information on the Thing published back in like 1987...a couple years later Thing had a strength increase making him stronger than the Hulk. Suggesting that I need to work on my comic knowledge, coming from u? that is laughable...If you read your encyclopedia or handbook or whatever, u will see that the Thing has increased durability and density throughout his entire body, including his organs, which are proportionately durable and dense. This includes his eyes. The Thing has no external ears. He is basically just designed for toughness. His senses are also highly resistant, you cannot blind him from a bright flash or hurt his ears with sonics...This is an ability they go out of the way to mention, and neither Thor or the Hulk really demonstrate this. I have seen Mystique blind colossus with a white hot flash device she threw in his face. No colossus doesnt need to eat or breath...it doesnt mean he would outlast Thing, they have the same relative endurance...Thing appears to be more resilient though...He gets beat to hell by cosmic types all the time and keeps going. They both fought Champion back to back...Champion beat colossus so bad his face was bruised up metal and he was just standing there and couldnt defend himself, Thing just kept going to the end. Thing operates on higher levels...the picture I posted is a demonstration of what Things skin is capable of: producing an unstoppable army of Things that would have killed the FF, the Avengers, and the X-men all in a few hours. Thing will continue to evolve to an undetermined level. But Reed Richards showed that in a few thousand years his skin becomes an omnicient being in control of its structure on to the subatomic level...do your homework

juggernaut74
I guess I need to go back to school

juggernaut74
IF thing was so strong and durable why arent his strength levels and durability levels at the maximum level. Or do you just make up your own stats.

juggernaut74
You must know more about Mavels characters than they do.

Wynndar
than the encyclopedia in 1987?

juggernaut74
So Is the current version of thing class 100. And I am not saying hes not. I just would like to know where I can see this.

FrothByte
i believe colossus is more durable than thing (can survive greater impacts, and greater difference in temperature). thing is more experienced definitely, and probably a better fighter... although i think colossus is in better shape coz of his danger room training. thing is just more popular than colossus, which is why he is depicted as being able to beat tougher opponents. id still like to see colossus win this tho.

Wynndar
the Thing has a training facility that makes the danger room look like a joke...read the present volume of FF....#10

Havoc470
thing has survived jumping out of buildings right onto the street, its a normal thing for him to do, the opponents colossus have beat dont hold a light against Things opponents, and i really dont consider thing more of a fan favorite compared to colossus, i'm a bigger colossus fan but when it comes down to it Thing would take this one, two characters based on pure strength Thing is colossus' superior

and the marvel encyclopedia is definitely something we should'nt go by

Gilgamesh
Heres how Strength level goes in the Marvel Universe as far as i can tell from the web and previous comic encounters. Note that a writter can do pretty much what he wants once he has undertaken a project, strength levels are only used as refferences.

Incalculable
Galactus
The Watcher
Odin

Class 100 +
Hulk
Thor
Silver Surfer

(All 3 have no know limits to their strength, potentialy limitless in all 3 cases though Silver Surfer was once outmatched by Hulk, he resorted to throwing Hulk into deep space, where he just waited for some time)

Class 10 to 95
Venom 25

Namor 40 out of water

She Hulk 75

Thing 90 (Most likely higher du to cosmic raditon levels rising in his body,he may now be a 100 + class, though he does not have limitless strength as Hulk,SS or Thor.

Juggernaut 95 (Always had the uper hand on Colossus before, i have not yet seen him vs Colossus since his "upgrade"wink

Abobination 95 (Has some strength boost once enraged, nowhere near the Hulk.)

Colossus 100??? (Recently increased as an adult)

Bottom line, not taking under consideration that Marvel would never allow Colossus to defeat Thing, i believe that, considering numbers and real comic book history, Thing would win 8 out of 10 matches VS Colossus.

Thing Wins

Wynndar
yep...Stan Lee would never let Grimm lose to the Russian

who?-kid
Geez, if we have to take into consideration what Stan Lee likes and not likes... and besides, says who Stan Lee won't like it ?

Wynndar
ok...u blew my cover....I AM STAN LEE!!! jk

emraldguardian
Wow thats a lil off first off Silver Surfer and Thor both have levels to their stregth. Second Namor is more the 40 tons out of water seeing as how he has been able to go toe to toe with the Thing. Venom is class eleven not 25 seeing as how Spiderman is only class 10 and venom is just Spidermans stregth plus whatever Eddie can bench, also Juggernaut is way above class 95 every guide will tell you that Juggernaut has never shown a limit to his stregth before unless you are talking about current wussy Juggernaut.

Gilgamesh
As far as i can tell Venom has always been stronger than spidey. Spidey can lift the back of a fire truck, Venom can throw cars at great distance. I too find that 10 vs 25 a little too much, if spidey is 10 Venom can't be much above 15.

You have a point with Namor, but when did that fight took place? Thing was significantly weaker before. When FF started, Thing was way below 40.

As for Juggy, i don't see where or when he demonstrated some feats of strength that would let us believe hes above 95. I am not knowledge infused, but give or take 5 i think it is safe to say that Abobination,Juggy,Thing and now Colossus are in the 95 to 105 range.In order id say that Juggy has an edge on all 4, followed by Abobination, then Thing and finaly Colossus. This said, Thing and Colossus are better fighters, while Juggy and Abobination have better endurance.

A fight between any of those guys can go either way, but as far as this thread goes, my previous opinion stands, Thing over Colossus 8 times out of 10.

Swanky-Tuna
I think Juggernaut has uprooted a skyscraper and Colossus has lifted a submarine. To me, "100 class" just means "really freakin strong" and not really "100 ton max"

Wynndar
when did he uproot a skyscraper?

Swanky-Tuna
It might of been somebody else. Regardless, "100 ton class" isn't really 100 ton class in most cases.

Wynndar
might be thinking of Gladiator

Swanky-Tuna
It was this guy.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/zanpanzer/uprootor.gif

Nataku8188
Thats the fonzie after his new haircut.

Gilgamesh
Thats Juggynnator, he can lift a bowl of cereal and spark lightnings from his a$$

I agree with the scale being somewhat useless, or at most only as a reference. Hulk lifted much more than 100 tons many times, so did juggernaut. At that level of strength its hard to really tell how strong they really are, thats why i said all 4 are roughly the same.

crazyspinz
colossus would win, and no they are not the same, colossus is not even close to hulk, or juggy, maybe juggy. but thing is way lower than colossus, and he isnt nearly as durable. and he is not the better fighter. colossus is a master of ju jitsu, judo, and other martial arts, he also has enhanced reflexes and the thing doesnt

Wynndar
everything u said was wrong except the thing about Hulk and Jugs being stronger.

crazyspinz
umm no

crazyspinz
colossus is mutch more durable, he is mutch stronger and is a better fighter. he has alot less experiance, witch will count against him, but he is a better fighter, Grimm is a wrestler, Piotr is a martial artist

Arsenal
i remember thing fighting a skrull that looked like colossus. Ben threw him through a wall and was surprised when he got back up. He said something like you should be knocked out

crazyspinz
looked like colossus...

Wynndar
yea he said...this cant be the real colossus cuz he's way tougher, should have been knocked out a long time ago...The skrull was actually more powerful than the real colossus, he was able to engage Gladiator in combat and the momentum of his punches went through Captain America's shield. In that same issue Gladiator hit Caps shield with enough punches and eye blasts to level a city and it didnt move Cap an inch. The Skrull punched the shield and Cap went flying. Colossus a Martial artist?...he may encorporate some martial arts techniques in his fighting but he is no Shang-Chi. Wolverine taught him some moves, bg deal. Grimm a wrestler?....where did that come from...are you refering to when he quite the FF and became a pro wrestler and prize fighter?...That was something he did for fun, that is not where he learned how to fight. Ben Grimm grew up in a really ruff hood..his big brother,a gang leader was killed there. He learned how to fight there. He was also trained in the Military and fought with Wolverine even (as Ben Grimm, not the Thing). The Thing also encorporates Judo, he recently used it to take down Iron Man. More Durable? he may be able to withstand more heat. But this is a fist fight; Thing has demonstrated dozens of times how he is able to take more abuse. Where was Colossus' durabilty when he fought Champion and ended up a bruised up pile of steel and they had to quite the fight before he got killed? Thing took the same punishment and more, he also put up a fight against champion.
Colossus is not stronger, they both presently demonstrate that they are in the 100 class now. If u knew anything about Things powers u would know they continually grow in time, unlike Colossus. Thing's second mutation left him stronger than the Hulk. When Reed Richards passed a piece of the Thing through a few thousand years in a time bubble, it evolved into an omnipotent being. Thing is a better fighter, and can take more abuse, and they are both in 100 class strength range.
your statements were onesided and not based on comic information, just your opinion of the Thing that wasnt based on anything.

Wynndar
Master of Ju Jitsu, Judo and other martial arts?....wow a MASTER? of at least THREE DIFFERENT MARTIAL ARTS? this one is still crackin me up... u dont think this sounds innacurate, or even a little bias?

Arsenal
Where did you get this info crazyspinz?

Wynndar
must have got it from all the martial arts moves and flips Colossus is always doing in the comics...................wait..............no....

Arsenal
lol

Gilgamesh
Everyone is biased, few are objective, which is why most debate like this one end in confrontations.

Wynndar
im not trying to be confrontational...crazyspins is always good for debate, i respect what he says....but i have to call him out on this one...again, I always respect debating with him

juggernaut74
To each their own. But From what I read on Thing and Colossus I have to agree with crazyspins on this one. Thing fans will pick Thing and Colossus fans will pick Colossus obviously. I am Juggernaut fan and well I pick Colossus.

Wynndar
does anyone know if Colossus will be in the next FF X-Men crossover?

who?-kid
Doesn't mean much. It's not because HE says something it's a fact...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>