Ruins of Dantooine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I just got my copy of this book...I probably won't get to read it for awhile, but I want to know your thoughts on this book....even in general the idea of basing a book off a game namely sw galaxies

yerssot
can ya tell me what it's aboot?
that's the one based on Empire Devided, no?

Julie
Yes, the star wars galaxies game.....the massively multiplayer PC game....
I briefly read the back, It's about a imperial biochemical engineer named Dusque something or other who teams up with a rebel guy to chase down a holocron that has a list of top rebel agents deep inside the empire....
The book is by Veronica something with a really long last name....er hold on a minute

Julie

LanceWindu
My uncle doesn't like it.

He says it's got too much love in it.

yerssot
but love is what makes the world goes around

LanceWindu
My uncle is sexist too, he says that the book is too lovey dovey because a woman wrote it.

yerssot
hmmmm... women wink

Julie
I dunno....can't really say too much because I didn't read it....I'll probably be able to read it in a few weeks but not too much before because I am in the middle of another series...and I have homework to do.....
P.S. is your uncle married????

LanceWindu
Yeah, he's married for 6 years now, with 4 kids. The lastest kid was born on SuperBowl Sunday. messed, I have to babysit em all.

BTW, I haven't read any books at all for the longest time, right now I am into comics.

Julie
I plan on starting Ruins of Dantooine tonight.....er or perhaps tomorrow...but definately soon....

Julie
I finally got around to reading this book...it was good in my opinion....definately much better than Rogue Planet...and much better than several other SW books ( ie. Black Fleet Crisis)...however it has nothing on Zahn's trilogy or any of his books for that matter or NJO ....over all I'd say 7/10

there were too many predictable points....but it was still interesting. The characters were a bit too carbon cut, but they were still likable/ hateable...

The plot was strange but that's to be expected

darthcraka
i think this is actually based on a long series of missions reble players can do in the game if heard of some of this stuff hapening in game id love to read the book couse i loved rouge planet and if this is better i gotta find it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.