I wonder if Lucas....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthran
I wonder if GL meant for the Star Wars saga to be viewed backwards, with the OT first, then the prequels, like we are viewin them. It would be lame to see TPM first, I think...what dou guys think? And what is the deal with me not being able to type on this message board without having to pound my keys for the letters to show up!? =P

yerssot
check your keyboardplug first

I think it's better to watch them in numberic order (but since we only have I, it's stupid now)

jedi fernando

bigsef2
im currently hoping that sometime in the next year or so, GL decideds that Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace, should just be called The Phantom Menace. EPII would become Star Wars: Episode I-Attack of the Clones. It seems to me that EPII is the TRUE EPI, and that after AOTC, GL will still have ALOT to tell, almost too much for one movie. In my mind, TPM is great as a percursor to the real story, much like the hobbit was just a precursor for lord of the rings. I know its a long shot, but from what we know of AOTC, its everything EPI should have been.

ToMacco
That's probably not going to happen, bigsef2.

Ushgarak
It's DEFINITELY not going to happen. And you should start with episode IV.

LanceWindu
With what bigsef said, that would be great, cause we aren't going to see any of Luke or Leia's lives before ANH. But like all of you said, it isn't going to happen.

Kane_Starkiller
i remember george himself saying somewhere that it's up to you in which order you watch the films, but personally he see's episode's 4 through 6 as the first three films, and episode's 1 through 3 as a kind of flashback.

I prefer the notion of that idea. That way, the blatant age gap between epsode's 3 and 4 aren't so unbelievable, and elements such as the fact that ships, scenery etc is more advanced/better rendered in the PT is a little easier to get your head around.

Julie
I won't make my descision until all of the movies are out....even then, I'll probably watch them 1-6 and then 6-1 and then mix it up smile

LanceWindu
That would be way too confusing for a newbie SW fan.

Julie
Are there any newbie SW fans around here?????

ok let's break it down.....go 4-6 and then 1-3 b/c that's the way they really came/ will come out

LanceWindu
That's exactly the way I'm always going to watch it.

I don't know if there are any newbies here.

yerssot
that would be me then...

LadyEowyn
if they had started making the movies w/ episode I we would have missed out on harrison ford and carrie fisher and...well all the good people!!

yerssot
but then I would have had a chance of playing Luke

LanceWindu
Yeah cause you would only be a little baby at the time.

yerssot
that's something else...

master harmax
- God Forbid ! - stick out tongue

yerssot
I would be the none-whineing on!

master harmax
Huh ?!! What ?! confused

yerssot
you know what I'm talking about!

LanceWindu
Nonwhining type is what he means.

yerssot
Don't you all thank me at once

LanceWindu
It's hard not to imagine you not whining though.

Captain REX
I don't think GL ment for it to be watch 4-6 then 1-3, but he knew he'd do 4-6 first. Gives more suspense. Plus, you wouldn't know that Vader was Luke's father before watching Ep. 5 if you were a Star Wars newbie (Yerssot's friend Micky).

master harmax
If I had to do it all over again as a star wars newbie, i'd watch 4-6 and then 1-3 - definitely more fun that way.

yerssot
Michael might be a newbie, but he already saw the OT...

LanceWindu
We're talking about kids of current Star Wars fans. Cause once they are old enough to remember watching the movies then they could watch them 1-6.

Julie
Oh.....I still say mix it up!!! stick out tongue

Amidala
what about caravan of courage laughing out loud when should i watch that one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.