Lost In Translation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
Anyone seen this?

i thought it was good. funny, moving, thought provoking and great cinematography.

Cinemaddiction
I thought it was painfully overrated, and she got props for being Francis Ford Coppola's kid.

Two "woe is me" Americans meet in Japan. One old, one young, relate with each other and wanna ****. It wasn't funny, it wasn't "sweet", it was more racist and contrived.

Bill Murray winning anything for his "acting" is a farce. This was a disappointment.

SaTsuJiN
I thought it was a great movie. He, middle aged, feeling old having been through marriage and life for so long.

her, young, naive and wondering what she should do with her life, thinking she's a failure.

so in a sense they gave an eternal piece of themselves to eachother.
Im not sure if this is a spoiler or anything but she taught him to be young, and he taught her that she has nothing to worry about in life

Tired Hiker
Sounds very touching, but I hated the Virgin Suicides.

mook
the film probably did get more attention because of who the directors father is but it is a well directed film.

i thought it had quite a lot of funny moments in it and was 'sweet'.
although a lot of the comedy did relate to misunderstanding the Japanese i dont think it was racist.

nightcrawer89
i loved it i would have to say the best part of the whole movie is when bill murry starts singing.and the whole movie it self was a master peace i can't wait until i buy the dvd.

WindDancer
I watch this movie last night, and it is not as good as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong I really love movies about friendships, but this one was a bit too slow for me. I did love those scenes of Japan (it does makes me want to go there one day) so that kept me into the movie. Not a bad film, I did wanted to be a bit speedy with the friendship story. To be honest I felt it was too slow too often.

Tex
I loved it, too bad that over rated Peter Jackson will steal the Oscar from Sophia!

BackFire
I think Sophia Copolla is far more overrated then anyone else nominated. Lost in Translation was good, but not because of her. Bill Murray's acting basically carried that movie. Also, virgin suicides is terribly over rated as well, talk about a pretentious movie

Corlindel
It is a very good movie. An Indie nominated is amazing too. Since soem years ago the academy nominates one indie movie, it is getting on the mod.

Sophia Coppola it is not ober rated, in my opinion. But there re a lot of others who are under rated, forgotten or something like that..as Hal Hartley or Gus Van Sant.

Bill Murray is perfect and "that" music from the "The Jesus and Mary Chain" in the final scene was perfect..for me ofc. thumb up stick out tongue

ash007
HOW DARE YOU TEX

I AM SO ANGRY THAT I AM NOT EVEN SURE WHAT IAM GOING TO DO
PETER JACKSON IS NOT OVERRATED

Discos
Don't even go there, did he go there,

Discos - I think he just did mad

mah
Sofia Coppola is in no way overrated. Virgin Sucidies was incredibly beautiful, and Lost in Translation equally much. This is the kind of movies we need more of. Fantastic stuff.

foxota5
i agree, i love virgin suicides, and lost in translation was incedible. i think shes underrated if anything

Cinemaddiction
The movie was ****ing BORING, inept, slow, plodding, pretentious, bratty..do I need to go on? Horray for Sophia, getting her props for being the daughter of another decent producer.

Sofia Coppola is mediocre. Watching this movie, to base an opinion, I felt as if I were watching one long commercial for marriage counciling, followed by an episode of Jerry Springer.

I have said it once, and I will say it again. Bill Murray wasn't acting. He's a jaded, overrated has-been who makes 1 good movie out of every 4 projects he tackles.

Corlindel
thumb up

Punkyhermy
Lovely film.

Solo
One of my favorites.

Punkyhermy
I'm curious about the nature of the relationshup Charolette and Bob share. Is it completely platonic or does it have subtle sexual undertones?

I didn't see it as anything more than a really deep friendship really...confused

eloradannen
anyone who doesn't like lost in translation and feels it was overrated is a dolt. the movie is wonderful and bill murray in this and the life aquatic and rushmore is fantastic.

nice bjork pic ...
btw is anyone on here over 28 before I jump ship??

Dr. Zaius
Loved it! Not a perfect movie, but brilliant in parts and, overall, very good.

Bill Murry and Scarlott Johnasson were brilliant!

Bill Murry is the master of understated comedy. See him in "Rushmore", "Groundhog's Day", and "Life Aquatic". Fantastic!

Punkyhermy
I always wanted to see Life Aquatic...

Grimm22
I hated this movie.

There is seemingly no plot, no real point to the movie.

Its kind of just Bill Murry in Japan

vrempire
It's a very very very relaxing movie. It can be somewhere between good and boring. anyway, the ending kinda hanging.
Still not sure what's the main point. maybe the old man depression syndrome.

Solo
If you love Murray in this watch him in "Rushmore", "The Royal Tenenbaums", "Ed Wood", "Life Aquatic", and "Broken Flowers".

All of those are great.

"Lost in Translation" is an amazing film, it gets a lot of hate on these boards.

cking
I thought the movie was good, the only problem I have with it was it was boring from beginning to end.

DigiMark007
thumb up

Blax_Hydralisk
Wow.

That well constructed review and expression of your opinions, likes and dislikes of the movie has inspired me to see the movie. no expression

stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
I saw this when it firs came out. Good film. Good performances all around.

super pr*xy
i wanna know what scartlett whispered into bill's ear at the end... could it be your fly is open. or i saved a lot of money by switching to geico.

Solo
One of my favorites, perfect.

ScarletSpeed
What did he whisper to her at the endno expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.