House of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
SUCKED!!!!!

amlap
i didnt think it was half bad
thumb down sick

Cinemaddiction
I thought it was..err..whole bad.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
it was bad sad no wait it was Bad with a capital B.

lol

DeNiro
Liked the Nudity though thumb up

amlap
like i said in another post... the onyly chick i wanted to see naked didnt get naked...

DeNiro
I turned it off half way threw it but the chick i wanted to see naked got naked which was the blond that ot vomiited on

Striel
This movie was NOT good. I kept trying to figure out if they were intentionally following all the lame horror movie "rules"

amlap
when i was watching this movie i kept thinking that it would be a hell of alot funnier if i was drunk! and if that ****ing chick took her top off (the one who gets stabbed in the end, and the spear breaks apart her blouse string stuff)

Dogbert
was this movie AL LEAST a little entertaining? I didn't see it sad smile

Costa
Hi guys...do you like this movie? I do...it wasn't scary...but good action...

Aku
House of the dead is an arcade game where two shooters take out a load of zombie monsters and stuff in order to avenge this guys dead girlfriend.

Sure you dont mean dawn of the dead or Shaun of the dead?

Cinemaddiction
There was a "House of the Dead" movie, and it worse one of the worse movies I have ever had the displeasure of watching. Even "Cabin Fever" was better than this waste of celluloid.

This thread will probably get merged w/ the one in the Horror section, BTW.

botankus
House of the Dead was the worst movie I saw in 2003. Kill Bill was a distant second, IMO (yes, I know, not everyone's).

The actresses were so bad in HOTD you would've thought Eliza Dushku was in it.

speiderman
Kill Bill ain't as bad as House of the Dead.

botankus
You're right. That's why it was a distant second.

Darkseed
House Of The Dead isn`t great, not by a long shot, but it isn`t cr*p either, it`s like those low budget 80`s horror movies from italy and the rest of europe and the us, being that they are so bad they are good (not great but good).

HockeyFace
(ie: Plan 9 From Outer Space)

Cinemaddiction
Plan 9, No. Ed Wood was notorious for making horrible movies period. Almost intentionally, because of his wacky demeanor.

Clark_Kent
hahahaha, lets keep talkin' about HOUSE OF THE DEAD...omg...more like A b-movie, tell me this? THOSE "BULLET TIMES" WERE AWFUL. laughing

Cinemaddiction
It's not even worthy of being a B movie.

Clark_Kent
whats a b-MOVIE.. is there a worthless thread for b-movies. i watched Parrania 1 and 2 and night of the living dead part 3..i think it was that one.. i just remember one zombie..she had nails and glass stuck through her JUUGS. 4'sho..i know Robocop 3 is a B-movie.

slayer
B-movies are low-budget movies. Lots of B movies are entertaining though. TCm for example.

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
Last night I watched the movie because I decided to have a girls night in, facial, home pedicure, hair treatment, the works, and omg that movie SUCKED!, It was soooooo bad, so unrealistic!

The only scary thing about the movie was the acting and fashion sense!

BackFire
Steer clear of this movie, it is awful....

I repeat, steer clear of this movie, it is awful. Even zombies couldn't save it.

MildPossession
(ie: Plan 9 From Outer Space)

Well everyone knows that is bad, but that's what is so good about it.

Anyway, you will all be pleased to know they will be making a second House of The Dead movie, isn't that just good news.....

I didn't most of the movie, but I got the dvd off someone for free, so not bothered.

SlipknoT
Why would they make a sequel to this crap? It sucked. And I dont even think it made $10 million at the box office.

Cinemaddiction
Cost $10 Mil, made $11, I think.

chilled monkey
I agree that this movie was pretty awful, but it did have some good points:

I liked the fact that they didn't have anyone turn into a zombie after getting bitten as that has been done to death.

I quite liked Alicia (Ona Grauer). I liked that when they got to the deserted rave, she at least was smart enough to be concerned. I thought she did a very good job with what she was given. And she didn't have to take anything off, which I was glad about. Too bad I can't say the same for everyone.

The best part was the sword fight. That made me glad I'd watched it. I've been thinking for a while that horror movies need more sword fighting.

zombiesnake7
This movie really wasn't that bad. Plenty of nudity especially Erica Durance (Lois on Smallville). The zombies were fine except they could jump. The only other problems were the cuts from the game but they really weren't that obtrusive either.

Cinemaddiction
This is too much... laughing

MortalPlague
I love this movie.

First off, this falls into the "so hilariously bad it's good" category. The acting, plot, and dialogue are all so terrible that it makes it funny to watch.

Secondly, plenty of nudity. I really can't hold a grudge against a horror movie where multiple characters doff their tops. big grin

Thirdly, and most importantly, body count! This movie has a body count! I hate those movies where you wind up with three characters dead and most still alive (Jeepers Creepers 2, anyone?). They viciously killed off most of their characters in this movie, and I really wish more slasher flicks would do that. Not to mention that they had a large cast of victims to begin with...

The only way one could not enjoy this movie is to actually take it seriously...

BlackC@t
House of the Dead - Worst movie ever! sick

chilled monkey
MortalPlague, zombiesnake7: You're entitled to your opinions, but personally, I HATED the nudity. I mean how was it important? How did it add to the story? It's an insult to the audience.

MortalPlague
I beg to differ!

Nudity rarely ever adds to the plot of a movie. I think, in a movie of this obviously grade z caliber that it's an insult to not have it. To not have nudity would be a claim that we're watching the movie for the plot, which is an even greater slight to our intelligence.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.