Who's got a tie to Star Wars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cornponious
I was just wondering, who here has a tie to Star Wars? I do, so I'll start it off. (I just hope this hasn't been covered before.)

If you look in the credits of EI, under the digital effects people, you'll see Andrew Hardaway. He worked on the podrace scene. His father was the doctor who delivered me in Danville, KY. He was also my family doctor for years.

If you search the internet, you'll find that Andrew Hardaway has gone on to bigger and better things.

Well, now it's somebody else's turn.

cornponious

rustiswordz
Ive handled Han Solo's 'Greedo Killer' Cantina Blaster, Luke Skywalkers ESB blaster, EP4 Tantive IV Rebel Guard blaster, EP4 storm trooper blaster and seen and held the EP1 droid blaster before George decided on all CGI for the droids. (the weapon was going to be a converted dual gripped 'Calico'
I also met one of the men who made them at the workshop in North London called Bapty's which has over 5000 guns in it forthe film TV industry including Bond guns, Aliens Pulse/Smart guns etc and so on.

big grin

yerssot
this other poster, named mah, the two of us have worked on the Geonosis-scenes (the Reek most of the time) for AOTC

close enough for ya?

rustiswordz
i forgot to add: in 2002 i was a student at Pinewood Studios learning art direction and production design under an oscar winning art director. I met a chap called Les Tomkins who was a draughts man on EP5: ESB and helped draw up some of the vehicles in ESB, he went on to work with Stanley Kubrick as production designer on Full Metal Jacket and Eyes Wide Shut. Imstill continuing my studies and now moved onto storyboarding and conceptual design (i hope to be like Doug Chiang or Ralph Macquarrie (sigh assigned to art dept of EP 7/8/9 LOL i wish!)
@ Yerssot got any jobs goin dude? LOL

yerssot
nice try rustis stick out tongue

yeah, Mah and I are currently swamped in post-production, I do sand mostly, but Tatooine isn't much in it (scenes do not require FX) so have to work on large trees messed

bigsef3
you know the voice for darth vader? well, everyone thinks its james earl jones, but its really me. i also came up with the lines, "what is thy bidding, my master" and it was my idea to have the line "ive got a bad feeling about this...." be recurring in all the movies. I didnt actually come up with the line, but i liked it so much in the original, i suggested GL use it in the subsequent films.... beat that, yers!!

yerssot
why should I? it's my real job, ask mah

Lyn
Do you work on the films Yerssot?? eek!

yerssot
yeah, I even hinted at the Reek when I was working on it last time messed
but you weren't here at that time smile

honestly, it's Mah that got me in ILM, he worked for a longer time there smile

rustiswordz
@ yersoot: u tree hugging hippy, working on Chewie's tree! wink

yerssot
I'm not allowed to reveal specific information about the movie, signed a pretty hard contract you know messed

so... I can not tell you that I'm working on Kashyyyk in any way big grinwink

Lyn
OMG!! I had NO idea!!!

yerssot
aboot what?

Emi
I have a friend who got to meet SMG....SMG meet Jay Leno when she was on his show......Hayden then meet Jay Leno when we too appeared on the show. So, I kinda know Hayden!! smile

Does that count? LOL

amity75
I saw Denis Lawson, who played Wedge, in Motherwell which is a town close to where I live just before Christmas. He's a really short guy.

Volundro Ramm
Err, where do i start.. The original trilogy was filmed down the road from me. When A New Hope was being filmed actors dressed in there stormtrooper costumes could be seen shopping around town(how weird). EP1 was filmed even closer to me. Samuel L jackson was seen by one of my friends at a petrol station buying food. One of my best friends works in the film industry (props) has worked on saving private ryan and all the harry potter films. His whole family works in the industry. His grandad was Bill Welsh, who was the consruction manager on the original trilogy, so he has lots of bits and peices from the films... Ive sat on a part of the floor from the Millenium Falcon without knowing until they told me. You should have seen my face! Oh, and kenny Baker lives down the road. Ive posted a story before that i was told by him(not kenny baker, my friend), about all the midgets in return of the jedi, who played the parts of the ewok... Apparently they were so excited... none of them had seen so many midgets in one place at the same time... wasnt long before practically all went missing. The crew didnt know where they had gone. Apparently they had all snuck off into the bushes and trees to have lots of midget sex!

Awww, midget love. Can you blame them? lol

Darth Jello
I was natalie portman's stunt boobs, but then that scene was cut

mah
heh yerss, yes, working hard, but it's mostly play! I love how kashyyyk is coming along! but shh..we don't wanna get fired! : D

cornponious
Ok, yerssot and mah, I want to believe you (I really do), but just call me doubting thomas. I guess I need to see the proof. I don't know you, so I really have no reason NOT to believe you, but you have to admit, working at ILM is such a massively cool story, that I'm just going to have to see some proof. smile

cornponious

glenn
It was rumoured in my family that Harrison Fords Great Grandfather was the father of my Great Grandfather.

bigsef3
yers does not work for ILM and he does not work on star wars. hes got "delusions of grandeur." :-)

yerssot
bigsef, I've been relocated today and worked on a shot I think you might find interesting, I'll see what I can do by the end of this week/begin next one

cornponious
So, if I understand it correctly, yerssot is the "new supershadow".

wink

cornponious (kuntrious kokious maximus)

Darth Jello
I'm really the love child of george lucas and howie mandell

bigsef3
yers, if you are truly an ILM employee, you will earn 1000000 cool points by telling me what you worked on today in a private message. i will never reveal what you told me to anyone, however I will tell them that you are the man.

bigsef3
TRUE TO MY WORD, YERSSOT IS DA MAN!!!!!!!

Captain REX
roll eyes (sarcastic)

My friend is related to Hayden Christhansen.

cornponious
Yerssot, the same goes for me, PLUS I will email you a pic of my wife's ample bossom (non nude, of course).

pleadingly,

cornponious

yerssot
terrible sorry to hear that messed

Bicnarok

Mist
back in 1970, before i was born, i gave the script of star wars to george lucas to make into a film. yeah, i know what your all thinking...'why give such a cool script away to someone else' well, its because i didnt want to take all the credit and fame and wealth.......etc......

how did i give it to him before i was born? i have a time travel device at home. i simply went back in time and gave the script to lucas.

(i also founded ILM)

cornponious
Well, everybody has taken what really was a serious post and completely f*cked it up. Oh well, that's life.

I'm still waiting on the proof from yerssot.

cornponious

amity75
George Lucas filmed an entirely new version of A New Hope for me. In it Leia is constantly nude, the stormtroopers have been replaced by amazonian lesbians in bikinis and Metallica do the soundtrack. Oh, and Han still shoots first.

yerssot
you mean, like this?

amity75
But that's a still from the Nintendo 64 "Shadows of the Empire" game.

yerssot
nope, it's the scene I'm working on

VengeanceGOD
Is that the Falcon?

What the hell is the falcon doing on Geonosis? If it's in EP3, someone dies.

Anyway, I once had dinner in the same restaurant as George Lucas. I was gonna go up and say hi, but he was eating with his grandkids. Coincidentally, I was wearing an Episode 1 t-shirt at the time.

yerssot
it's not geonosis, cause that's a red planet, this isn't ... or it's from a side not yet revealed

amity75
Then how come I've just checked my shadows of the empire game and the exact same image has appeared? It's what you see when you finish the game and you're talking to Luke and Leia who are based on Tatooine in the Falcon. Methinks a porkies on the scale of supershadow is afoot here.

yerssot
check again, it's not the same

amity75
Hmmmmm...... I'll let others make up their minds. confused

Darth Jello
ok, ok, I'll be honest, I was Hayden's "fluffer" for the NC-17 director's cut of episode II coming out in 2006

cornponious
Yes, I mean like that smile Ok, Yers, to this I have but one thing to say :

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

I humbly bow to you.

cornponious

amity75
It's definetely the Shadows of the Empire screen shot. Are we really to expect that Lucas would allow an effects shot to be released do early by an ILM worker? Anyway, all the effects shots will be in primitive stages right now.

Swordfish2k0
Hey Yerssot your not related to Mickey Suttle are you?

VengeanceGOD
heh. Knowing Yerss, he's probably messing with us. I'll have to go beat Shadows of the Empire again and see.

yerssot
hehe, VGOD, you know me too well big grin

with AOTC mah and I pulled of a trick like this with everyone believing we were indeed working for ILM, unfortunatly mah wasn't around a lot to keep it convincing

shame there are no new movies coming to try and see if it works with them too laughing out loud

VengeanceGOD
Ya never know...Lucas might actually be THAT stupid.

yerssot
to hire me? not by a long shot big grin

VengeanceGOD
No, stupid enough to make the sequel trilogy.

No one's stupid enough to hire you. wink

Darth Jello
I'd make good sequals. I'd do everything that everyone wants, new characters, deaths, goodbyes, something new, even appease lynn and many others and have a female sith (the infamous Darth Lumiya)

SHADOW BASHER
I WILL LET YOU KNOW IM A VERY IMPORTANT person working in the episode 3 workshop.

How can i prove it......................wait untill the 25/02/04 and your questions will be ansawered.

your insight has been very good.

GB.

VengeanceGOD
There was obviously not a writing test on your application then.

I eagerly await whatever "proof" you will offer.

amity75
Do I win a prize for spotting Yerrsot's deviousness?

VengeanceGOD
Yes. You win this:

A site with really cool Episode III stuff!

yerssot
and a lot of smacking

cornponious
Checking for face redness:

WARNING: REDNESS DETECTED.

Shutting down.....

cornponious

amity75
Oh hahaha!

cornponious
Seven days to go. Seven days until we laugh in your face. Seven days until we go on with our lives.

cornponious

bigsef3
yers, i am quite dissapointed in you. you think you could have come up with a better cover.

i feel betrayed.... :-(

cornponious
Four days to go until we find out absolutely nothing new whatsoever.

cornponious

rustiswordz
lol

VengeanceGOD
Two days...two days until the Suttle is revealed...I mean until this guy tells us something we already know.

"My proof? Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader!" smile

rustiswordz
Sisious is the real father of luke and leia....

That Dirty old man....

Lyn
*shudders*

cornponious
Two minutes to go. I'm giddy with anticipation. Well, not really.

kuntry kok

cornponious
Ok, dude, where is it? Where's this information?

WE'RE WAITING!!!!!!!

cornponious (angry kok)

SHADOW BASHER
SORRY ITS LATE

SHADOW BASHER
ANOTHER SEP WAR ROOM.

amity75
Holy ****. I have bowed my head.

cornponious
What? You got those from a website. This proves nothing, except that you found some pretty good pics.

They are good pics by the way. But it does not prove you're an important person at the star wars workshop.

cornponious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.