Unreal Tournament 2004

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Heres what I read this morning big grin

The game is so close we can smell the plasma. Here's the deal: the world of fast-and-furious PC deathmatch and teamplay has been largely ignored in the past year or so. You have awesome World War II simulations (like Call of Duty) or single-player story-based games (like Max Payne), but when it comes to good old fast-paced multiplayer rocket-spamming blasterfests, action fans have been going hungry.

That's why Unreal Tournament 2004 is coming at just the right time. UT 2003 was fun but it wasn't really a standout -- we think that's going to change with 2004. It's got several new game modes, including a few with vehicles.

UT 2004's new team-based game modes are like the best of Battlefield 1942, Tribes, and PlanetSide all wrapped together in a sweet, blazingly fast package. You'll snipe! You'll blast! You'll drive! You'll fly! You'll capture flags, jump across moving trains, fly space fighters at motherships ... and in general you'll enjoy that brand of sweaty-palmed gameplay that you've been waiting for for years. And WE'VE got the scoop! Stick around for exclusive coverage for the rest of this week, starting tomorrow.

BackFire
I can't wait for this game, the original UT, and UT 2003 were outstanding, exciting games, and the return of assault mode in UT 2004 is a huge plus that I'm very excited over.

VengeanceGOD
Oh yes...me cannot wait. I've loved every UT game, so I'll definitely be getting this when it comes out.

SaTsuJiN
lol... UT with vehicles? that sounds silly to me. Breaking the tradition of UT even. It only looks nice right now, but we'll have to see how those new gameplay implementations hold up when the players get thier hands on em

wicker_man
Can't really add more onto the previous comments that have been made in regards to this game but...I can't wait, agreed that the vehicle implication will be a break from tradition but in my opinion it will be a welcome break at that, as long as it doesn't turn into another vehicle based game (i.e. players waiting around for a vehicle rather then fighting CQB (Close Quarter Combat) style.

stinkfist462
as long as the vehicle levels are huge .. then im for it

VengeanceGOD
And really really fast with players absorbing unrealistic amounts of damage.

I HATE games where you can die from getting shot once.

Lord_Andres

Lord_Andres
IN AN AGE where many publishers and developers tend to stick to "when it's done" regarding release dates, Epic's Mark Rein recently made what would have to be considered a brave statement, stating that the hotly anticipated demo for Unreal Tournament 2004 would be released "within two weeks." Since then, there's been no official word on when the demo would actually be out, and, despite our best efforts, even our recent trip to Epic's offices in North Carolina couldn't produce a firm date and time for the demo release.

However, it now appears that Epic and Atari are ready to make good on that promise. Although the specific time and date are yet to be revealed, GameSpy has learned that Epic is set to make an announcement regarding the UT 2004 demo around 9AM PST Wednesday morning, and everything seems to be pointing towards an imminent release, possibly as early as Wednesday afternoon.

The demo, which reportedly weighs in around 290 MB, contains five multiplayer levels, many of which we had a chance to take a look at in our recent visits to Epic and Atari. Among them is "Torlan," a large outdoors map that shows off UT 2004's new "Onslaught" mode. In the new mode, teams fight for control of "power nodes" (the number varies from map to map; Torlan contains seven), in an attempt to build a chain to the enemy team's base, with the ultimate goal of destroying the enemy's power core. Torlan features many of UT 2004's new vehicles, including the Manta hovercraft, the airborne Raptor fighter, the Scorpion buggy (complete with newly added retractable blades), and the Hellbender jeep.

Also included with the demo is "Convoy," a level for the returning Assault mode, itself a remake of the classic "Train" level from the original Unreal Tournament. The map has undergone a facelift in the months since we saw it last, with lots of extra graphical touches. One thing that hasn't changed is the dominance of UT's powerful sniper rifle over outdoor areas -- at times during our playtesting, it was hard just getting across the access ramp to our early objectives.

The three other maps included with the demo represent three other modes: "Rankin" (deathmatch), "BridgeofFate" (Capture the Flag), and "Colossus" (Bombing Run). While we didn't get to play the aptly-named Colossus in Bombing Run mode, we did get a chance to play it set for CTF, and it made for one of the more memorable games in our recent visit to Atari (for that, check back Friday for our full report).

While this is a lot for one demo, there are at least a few things that you'll have to wait for the full version of UT 2004 for. In particular, none of the single-player ladders will appear in the demo, nor will any mutators -- for the demo, Epic wants the focus to remain squarely on the five included modes, instead of suddenly having tons of servers running Onslaught instagib games with big-head players running about.

We've had a lot of fun playtesting UT 2004 in recent weeks, and we're expecting the UT 2004 demo to be one of the most popular online releases of the year. Check back throughout the day as we'll have the latest on when the demo will be released, and be sure to check out the rest of our special exclusive coverage of UT 2004.

glenn
Do you know if it will be on any other consoles

Fire
I hope it's gonna rock

VengeanceGOD
SWEEEET! *dance of triumph* I'm soooo getting the DVD-ROM set.

Lord_Andres
Heres a link to the demo big grin Happy Dance

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/136843.shtml

Happy Dance Happy Dance big grin big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i never liked Unreal Tournament...its fun but its too unrealistic.

VengeanceGOD
*smack* Begone realist nerd! smile

Seriously, I HATE realistic shooting games. I can't understand why anyone finds Counter-strike fun.

Lord_Andres
I just downloaded the demo, and let me tell you IT ROCKS!!!

VengeanceGOD
Me too. Freakin' AWESOME game. Try the Onslaught mode-you'll be a vehicle believer in no time.

BackFire
Yes, the demo was rock solid.

VengeanceGOD
Argh...so addicting..can't...stop...playing...

Lord_Andres
Same here rifle anyway heres more news big grin

With anticipation regarding Unreal Tournament 2004 just starting to hit its peak, it might seem like an odd time to start asking the team at Epic what they'll be doing next. But hey, we're annoying journalists and that's what we get paid to do, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask the team where the franchise is headed. While we still have some questions, we did walk away with a few nuggets of info.

First and foremost, Epic lead designer Cliff Bleszinski confirmed something that probably won't come as much of a surprise: "There will be another Unreal Tournament." It's unknown if that game will carry a "2005" branding (hey, we're already thrown out of whack with UT 2004 actually being released in 2004, a rarity among games), but it would be highly unlikely that we'd see it this year.

On the consoles, the Xbox version of Unreal 2: The Awakening is literally arriving in stores right now. Unlike the PC version (which originally shipped without multiplayer of any kind), this version includes full Xbox Live support and the "XMP" mode recently released for the PC. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of the Xbox version, however, is support for splitscreen co-op -- something which was a huge hit in another sci-fi shooter Xbox fans may be familiar with: Halo.

The other console title we asked about was Unreal Championship, which was part of the original Xbox Live launch in 2002. Could there be a sequel in the works? While we couldn't pry anything concrete out of Epic on the topic, we certainly got the feeling that it's something being discussed ... and things may be even further along than that.

Finally, we had to ask: could there be an Unreal 3? "There's nothing to say at the moment," says Bleszinski, "but if we did it, I'd like it to use some next-gen tech." We know that there are new engines on the horizon for games like DOOM 3 and Half-Life 2, but if the guys working with the impressive Unreal engine are thinking about "next-gen tech," we'd have to believe that's pretty well off in the future -- if ever.

For more on Unreal Tournament 2004, be sure to check out our special exclusive coverage today and throughout the rest of the week.

wicker_man
Same here, it is indeed addicting and it has only 'wetted' my appetite for the full version.

Fire
the demo rules, the vehicles are awesome

eleveninches
YEah, I've been playing the demo everyday since it was downloaded a few weeks ago.

Onslaught is simply AMAZING,

Assault is not bad either

I prefer the online games that only have 2 -4 people per team

edwinian
Just got my hands on it..tried capture the flag and onslaught and deathmatch. any tips for onsalught..i am about to log on with a buddy of mine! and want to do really well....

SaTsuJiN
the demo wasnt ROCK solid... but it was pretty darn good.
I didnt like how when you zoomed with the sniper rifle and fired, the smoke from the shot would block your scope for 7 or 8 seconds... very very annoying. Unfortunately the demo didnt showcase any really really impressive maps that the UT series is well known for. The weapons were very nice and revamped, lots of old favorites coming back. The vehicles (while hard to control if you've played halo) were very nicely implemented, although I found the one with the huge fans on either side to be pretty worthless as it can do no damage or take any. I wish they put a lil more attitude in terms of taunting though, along with the taunt animations. It just feels like they put just a lil cherry on top instead of a big one. All in all the good outweighs the bad, but Im not much of a UT fan to begin with... Im more of a Quake / Doom person.

VengeanceGOD
I have a feeling the maps that weren't on the demo will be even better. I mean, there's an assault map where you're piloting STARSHIPS.

Tips for Onslaught: Take the bottom three/top three zones first, then sneak around the back and take the open one on your opponent's side. At the same time, have your team battle for the middle. If they succeed, you've got a two-front assault that the other team will NOT be able to stand up against.

eleveninches
12 days 2 go

winksmile

eleveninches
remember to place mines when leaving an area unprotected.
remember to use alt fire on link gun to heal power nodes (dont bother healing vehicles).
Remember to use AVRIL to shoot down vehicles (especially aircraft)

Learn to use vehicles to full advantage:
Tank:destroying power nodes/turrets, other vehicles
Others:running down infantry, TRANSPORT
Aircraft:attacking power nodes/turrets from distance. watch out for missiles

Try out alt fire for different weapons

eleveninches
Hints for 1v1 onslaught TORLAN

get the back middle node, mine the area, link gun power node up to about 60-70 percent. Transport to back corner power node and alt fire link gun power node to full power. Take tank down to middle power node and destroy any enemy there.

Take power node, and get double damage/AVRIL weapons.
sneak tank round corner and fire away at middle back enemy power node.

when tank is at about 150 armour, leave it and use link gun to take down infantry (or lightning gun if they are not moving), use link gun/AVRIL on the power node. Get health bonuses and mine the area before moving on.

When you respawn above the middle power node, get the +100 health bonus and shield bonus, then use vehicle (aircraft/hellbender) to attack/reach enemy.

Remember to strafe/jump, or else you will be picked off from turrets/lightning guns

eleveninches
It is used for fast transport (can take passengers), as well as running over enemy players. Also has the ability to jump, making it difficult for the tank to target it in head on confrontation

eleveninches
/\ Also, does not take as long to turn around as other vehicles

VengeanceGOD
The Manta? Useless? Are you mad? That thing is the best for taking out power nodes. Just fly in, shoot the crap out of them, and fly back out! Infantry in your way will not have time to get out of the way like they do with the Bender and the tank.

eleveninches
Just finished a REALLY close 1v1 game.

in overtime, the enemy power core looked like it had virtually no power left, i was just about to shoot, when my power node was destroyed

sooooooooooo close

well, at least lots of the games now include stat recording, even if i cant seem to access the 2004 stat site

eleveninches
i prefer online games with fewer players, as you make more of an individual contributionn to the game

eleveninches
12 days 2 go!!!!

Lord_Andres
CAN'T WAIT!!!

Lord_Andres
I will ease the waiting for DOOM III and HL2 big grin

Lord_Andres
*it will

SaTsuJiN
you wont destroy a powernode with just manta.. thats my point.... someone with an AVRIL probably had you for breakfast by the time you get the chance to think of going in for the kill

eleveninches
there not just going to include only super powerful tanks, cos that would get rid of the excitement and fun of it all

SaTsuJiN
with all of these FPS's with vehicles in them... its really silly to think that none of them have included the ability of vehicle hijacking

I understand the need for balance, but I think that vehicle needs at least 1 more special ability cuz all the others have far better specials

Lord_Andres
Unreal Tournament 2004 goes GOLD

heres a link big grin

http://us.atari.com/press/?action=readmore&id=1464

eleveninches
Will the DVD version of UT 2004 have a free headset ?
I heard somewhere that one version will.

edwinian
Just went Gold yesterday!!

http://us.atari.com/press/?action=readmore&id=1464

eleveninches
Who here is getting UT 2004 when it comes out, and which version (DVD special edition or normal)

Lord_Andres
I'm gonna get the DVD version

Z4¢|<
I probably will too.

eleveninches
I see that the online demo games now include some instagib games and stat records.

edwinian
I think its the special edition one:

http://www.unreal.no/filer/images/mapimg/ut2004_package.jpg

eleveninches
cool

cant wait

eleveninches
I've been looking around online, and it's looking like the Special edition (with free headset) is beeing withdrawn. I dont know whethet this is because something is wrong with it, or because they are going to add something extra, but lots of online stores say that is is discontinued. Maybe it has just been sold out, but I've heard from some sources that it has been withdrawn. Does anybody have any more info on this????

I've only just ordered mine on www.hmv.co.uk ,which claims that it is still taking pre orders only, but will not release it in store on the release date.

eleveninches
BTW, on the demo, in the onslaught-Torlan map, it is possible to get the redeemer.
Simply get the raptor and fly around the central tower, pressing jump (space bar) until you can see down onto the top of it. Fly over it slowly and exit the raptor to get the redeemer.

It is nowhere near as powerful as the UT2003 version. it is much slower, can be shot down much easier, does not have anywhwere near as large range, and does not always kill people in the area who are not undercover.

eleveninches
When the game is released (16th of this month) we should start up a KMC team for online games/tournaments.
What do you think??

Lord_Andres
I'M IN!!! big grin

eleveninches
When you get the game, post your username here to make finding each other easier.

eleveninches
I've just checked my e-mail, and my pre order for the special edition has been cancelled. I think amazon.ca is still selling it (with 40 canadian dollars knocked off the price).

I think it looks like the manufacturer has noticed something wrong with the product and is forcing the stores to withdraw the special edition.
I dont know whether it will still be released later or not.

VengeanceGOD
So the special edition isn't coming out next week? *cries*

And hey, you guys want to make a clan, I'm so in.

eleveninches
I checked on the atarti games forum and managed to find out that there were only 60'000 copies of the special edition (40'000 for US and canada, 20'000 for rest of the world).

Gamestation is aparently the only UK store that is selling the special edition and has 500 copies alltogether, with 150 pre orders already taken. I ordered my copy through them, but think that it wont get deliverd until about the 20th or something like that.

sadsadsadsad

eleveninches
looks like the SE is going to be very rare indeed.

eleveninches
In the demo at least, my screen name for the game is "dodsworth"

greyboy
Yeah....the SE won't be easy to come by....anyone playin online already? I like it but I find that I'm not as good as when i play single....heheh..grrr

long live onslaught mode though...

eleveninches
I am playing the demo already. like onslaught and assault the best with only a few players per team (plays faster, better and makes yourr indivindual contribution be more important)

I have already downloaded some 2K4 compatable skins. The file includes a bender(futurama) Skin, a halo master chief skin, a hitman skin, etc.. making 16 selectable skins in total.

The link is:
http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/unrealtournament2003/moreinfo_6089847.html

you will need to sign up to the website, but it does not cost anything, and no credit card is required.

eleveninches
yeahhhhh,

I just got confirmation that I will be getting my copy of the SE delivered on day of release (16th march)

smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

greyboy
ahhhhhrrrrggggggg......I have no such confirmation......you're so lucky.

so you're getting the headset too???

rusky
Great game UT2004... onslaught is a very nice new game mode, puts a little tactics in the overall mayhem.. smile

eleveninches
yup. I think theres something like 6 hours of bonus tutorials for the unreal editor as well.

eleveninches
CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz processor or faster (1.5 GHz or faster processor recommended)
RAM: 128 MB RAM minimum (256 MB recommended)
Graphics Card: Any Windows-compatible video card(NVIDIA GeForce 2 or ATI Radeon with at least 64 megs of video memo
Hard Disk: 5.5 GB free Hard Disk Space
CD-ROM: DVD Rom only (this game WILL NOT run a cd-rom drive)
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP)play supported
DirectX: DirectX version 8.1(included)or higher

The Special Edition bundle includes: 2 DVDs, Headset and a metal limited edition case. (DVD ROM only)

In development by Epic Games - the masterminds behind the Unreal franchise - in conjunction with Digital Extremes, Unreal Tournament 2004 builds on the success of last year`s smash Unreal Tournament 2003, adding all new maps, characters, play modes, vehicles, weapons and technology while at the same time including everything that shipped with last year`s title.

As the ultimate techno-gladiator of the future, players will take their fates into their hands, battling against up to 32 other players online in action-packed, frag-filled arenas. New maps are being included for all established game modes, including Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Bombing Run and Double Domination. In addition, Unreal Tournament 2004 contains all of the new maps, mutators and game types - such as Mutant, Last Man Standing and Invasion - from the free downloadable bonus packs.

Game Features

All the features, gameplay elements, maps and characters from Unreal Tournament 2003, as well as the new modes, maps and improvements from the free downloadable mission packs

New maps and characters for existing gameplay modes featured in Unreal Tournament 2003

A variety of land-, space- and air-based vehicles, including buggies, tanks, hovercraft and aircraft, and more

A completely redesigned fan-favorite Assault mode; gamers will be challenged to attack or defend bases; most Assault maps will require the use of vehicles as a critical gameplay element

An all new Onslaught mode will pit opposing teams of gamers against each other across massive terrain maps in a challenge to capture and hold key points. Vehicles will play a major role as flying and driving machines transport combatants to the front and serve as mobile platforms to launch devastating attacks

Epic`s Unreal Engine technology; the game features the most beautiful and detailed game world ever seen on a PC; indoor and outdoor environments are rendered in exquisite detail and crammed with volumetrically lit particle systems

The Karma Physics engine providing for in-game physics that simulates true-to-life character movement and environmental interaction

The smorgasbord of ferocious frag-inducing weaponry from Unreal Tournament 2003 returns, with many armaments featuring all new modeling and effects

Integrated voice communications

Software rendering support to improve compatibility

Completely redesigned and enhanced menus

Improved enemy artificial intelligence (AI)

The Unreal Editor bundled into the game software will provide amateur mappers and development teams the resources to build custom maps and modify the game to create their own gameplay modes

eleveninches
41 hours till I will be playing the full version

Lord_Andres
I hope I'tl be in the stores around here on the release date, I'l skip school for sure just too get the SE, hope they get it tho, can't wait

eleveninches
dont know wheter it will be in stores as the SE. There are only 40'000 for U.S & Canada, and 20'000 for the rest of the world.

Only 500 SE copies in UK (available for pre order only-150 copies already sold).

So I doubt that it will be in store. Probably just available on line to pre order

Lord_Andres
why so few???

eleveninches
Don't know. they might be selling another version, or maybe there was something wrong with the SE

Lord_Andres
oh

akili29
i know a kid named andres and he goes to PI

Lord_Andres
whats PI?

greyboy
Not really sure why they didnt make a huge amount of SEs, but the standard version is going to be the one for me I think.

however....ITS ALMOST TIME!!!

edwinian
Since the game is coming out tomorrow (woot!) don't you think that we should start a new thread for like past release discussion and trying to meet up online etc etc???

eleveninches
I will probably not get my copy till friday, as I pre ordered my copy of the SE from gamestation.co.uk (supposedly the only place selling the SE in the UK), and it lists the release day as Friday.

eleveninches
Well, I'm off to play onslaught with the demo.I like the games that dont have as many players, as it runs a lot faster and smoother, and makes your contribution to the game count more.

I have my new player skin of bender (from futurama), from:

http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/unrealtournament2003/moreinfo_6089847.html

Fire
Eleveninches you know wha't it's gonna cost?

and you sure they aint gonna bring out a CD-Rom version? (dont care that much since I have a DVD-Rom but I want to know)

greyboy
Fire....there's def a CD version....its just the standard version. DVD is SE as far as I know...

eleveninches

Fire
okie thx

all the pussies should be forced to buy DVD-rom tho

eleveninches
Not if they dont have a DVD drive

JKozzy
Amen!

greyboy
I've actually heard that there really aren't that many copies of the SE....if I were you, I would QUICKLY look into it....a lot of my friends got shut out of the SE opportunity....

but the standard is just fine anyway.....you get the same from both.....woot

Fire
I can still use the standard, SE thingies are usualy a money scheme

eleveninches
I only ordered the SE because it had a free headset compatable with UT2004 online games

eleveninches
Plus, since it is only available in UK from pre ordering, and in limited numbers, it will be worth more if I decide to sell it later on (on amazon.co.uk or ebay).

Raventheonly
Stronger faster Better

greyboy
yeah...the SE is nice bc of the added frills.....woot for SE....but standard is just fine!!

VengeanceGOD
So? Anyone played yet? How is it? Tellmetellmetellme!!!

eleveninches
I've got the SE version with headsetsmilesmilesmilesmile

It's a bit slow loading up maps and matches, but it is rrather good.
I played it for a few mins, tried out the different game modes, but was tired and had 2 go 2 bed.

eleveninches
Ive been playing this game most of the day, and it ROCKS!!!!

whoooooooo

SpikeSpiegel
I'ld like to get it. But as it's 5.5Gb (I'm not bothered about getting it on a dvd) I'll only have 2Gb of space left after I get Far Cry sad

eleveninches
The ame is great. I only got the SE for the headset.

It does however, take quite a long time to load up online multiplayer games, but the game itself is awesome. The leviathan is soo cool, as well as the space fighter assault games.

LOVE THIS GAME

invalidiuser
This is a little bit off topic but please direct me to the correct place to ask this if you know.
I've just installed UT2004 with 6 cd's. When start the game for about 30 seconds or so it reboots my computer. I have just did a fresh install of my OS (Winxp Pro) with all updates and patches. I then installed UT2k4 and tried to play it but it just reboots it. Is there any patch to fix it or is there something wrong with my system.
My system is :
AMD XP3200
Asus A7N9X
1gig of Corsair extreme 3200 memory
Serial ATA hard drive

ANy help or directions to the correct forum to ask this question will be appreciated. Sorry if it has been posted in the wrong forum. Oh and by the way I can play Halo with no problem. Just UT2k4 that keeps rebooting my computer.

eleveninches
Dont now.
Maybe you dont have enough spare memory (I have 9 Gb of free space, and it is still slow to load).

try asking on www.unrealtournament2004.com
or try the atari games communtiy forums

eleveninches
Are you guys interested in forming a clan???

SpikeSpiegel
eleveninches why must you tempt me into buying the game so

eleveninches
Cos its super cool. Everybody should own a copy of this game. But if you dont want to, you don't have to.

SpikeSpiegel
But I do want it, but I'm supposed to be saving my money...and I'm running out of harddrive space sad

SpikeSpiegel
I just went on the original again (capture the flag mode) and scored 97 kills! 95 of them were headshots! I need to get '04 especially for the veicle combat

eleveninches
Do you play online or vs computer AI?

I almost always play online. It's much more fun and random

SpikeSpiegel
At the moment against AI, it's funny because they're so stupid.

I've cleared some hard drive space so I'll be able to get UT'04 now...or I can save my cash...I hate choices!

eleveninches
do you have the demo??

SpikeSpiegel
no I'm going to download it soon though.

eleveninches
argghhhh!!!!

I'm having trouble connecting to online games. It just says that it cant connect.

sadsadsadsadsadsadsadsadsad

Fire
I'll just make a few data dvd's to get enough space

and then find a damn way to get the game of the black market

edwinian
Ok OK OK..got this friday...wow oh wow....I had never found the Leviathan in the demo and must say that I spent about 2 hours alone in Onslaught playing in my fun tank...I also explored and found a few of the hidden redeemers....I just have to say that this game is great. for those of you that are on a lot- what server do you generally go to?

eleveninches
I have only seen the leviathan in one map in the full game.
I have found the redeemer in Torlan (on top of the centre tower-use raptor to get there)

edwinian
Yeah...The Leviathan I think is on ONS.Severance towards the last powernode closeest to your competitor.

The Redeemer that i found is in the burning wreck on ONS.Dawn...right after the first powernode once you leave base.

eleveninches
There is a Redeemer on the top of one of the towers in DM.Morpheus3.
The Leviathan is at the central power node in ONS.Severance

VengeanceGOD
Severance? I thought I'd played that one...ok, must go try it out and see what the leviathan's like.

eleveninches
It has 5000 HP (golioth only has 600).
It is easy to take down if you gang up on it, but otherwise is really tough.
The 4 side gun turrets on it are not over powerful, but the main weapon (when the tank is deployed) is more powerful than the redeemer, and has infinate ammo. It's sooo powerful

forumcrew
that tank is the shit.. just think if it was as fast as the manta...

eleveninches
I was on the Atrai games forum the other day, and heard that somebody was planning a map with 12 leviathens and 2 power nodes.
Sounds really cool

VengeanceGOD
Note to anyone using this gun: be FAR away from your target when firing. smile

MC Mike
I've had the SE for almost a week. I played about 1 of every 1 and a half hours i had last weekend on this game. It's great!

SpikeSpiegel
I've just got them demo...and now I want the game

LeAtHerRFace
I have had UT 2004 for about 2 weeks now. And its so ****ing good. Especially, cuz I own at that game. I love the CTF, Deathmatch, and All of them. UT the best futuristic shooting game these days.

SpikeSpiegel
I just got it big grin

Now we can start that clan. How about for KillerMovies Clan?

Lord_Andres
I'm getting it at the end of the mounth, can't wait

Hazard
ha ha ha ha ha
omg, all of use guys waited for it to come out in the shops...!
I got Unreal Tournament in advance, just a few weeks after Christmas.
omg, this game is like old to me!

This games players functions are preaty rubish, when are they going to make a shoot 'em' up game that is more realistic?

If the player da more functions like being able to lay down and dodge bulets with flexibility, or duck round a corner with just his/her head (instead of running right round the corner in full view)

When are they ever going to make a desent game...

Now Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorow, now thats a more realistic game. Not just running in with guns firing like mad men...

Lord_Andres
its caled "Unreal" Tournament, what you expect???

Hazard
so... it's so corny

fake, it sucks, your charactor only does 4 movments
1. Run
2. Walk
3. Jump
4. Duck

omg, there just waisting there time making another one.

Lord_Andres
I like the Unreal series alot, gives you good reflecses you know, and its great fun too big grin

greyboy
seriously dude....and don't be so pompous, bc your getting the game earlier makes you an isolated lamer. you cant talk shop with anyone, nor play with the "masses"....so just relax man....enjoy the game THAT YOU GOT for what its intended to be....

BackFire
Splinter Cell was one of the most boring games I've played. The game promoted NOT killing people and actually punished you for doing so. Being forced to sneak around all the time is not fun for long.

edwinian
yikes...

i was just reading a review over at bluesnews...linked to some site i had never heard of..and i will take from that review one of the reasons why Unreal tournament is a better game than most other FPS games

So..maybe the fact that Unreal challenges you to actually do stuff and not just sit and snipe makes it as you say "rubish" but to be honest, if you read what I just posted in quotes..you will see that this "realims" you desire is actually closer here where you can't camp and snipe...as the game follows nature models of overtaking an enemy.

btw..here is the link: http://www.3davenue.com/index.php?mod=article&id=505

greyboy
I agree....it challenges you AND a team...the team strategy is what i think is awesome....best seen in onslaught obviously...very few games give you the chance to do this anymore....its really awesome...

eleveninches
I've just completed the single player mode. The last championship match (1on1 vs malcom) is really difficult.

The best way I've found of doing it is to get up onto the toplevel and get the shock rifle, while powering up on adrenaline and max out your health to 199. Then when he appears, press left, left, right, right to become invisible, and shoot him repeatedly with the shock rifle (try to do it before he gets the rocket launcher). try to get a head shot if you can, and keep your distance, and it should not be too difficult.

forumcrew
u sure thats not the old game? i didnt play much SP on the new 2004 but that sounds identical to the one before it.. and on that i just got the RL and stayed down in the maze area with the blue +5 health and crushed him 10 - 0

eleveninches
The previous post was for the final UT2004 single player match vs malcom (map is DM-Hyperblast 2)

eleveninches
I've been at home for the easter holidays, and have not been able to conect to the internet, so I've only been able to use the single player and instant action modes.
I have lauren, brock, malcom, xan, and one of the cybernetic race on my team in single player, with about 50,000 credits.

I still dont know how to unlock the 3 hidden skins (the ones with question marks on them)

VengeanceGOD
Some kickass UT skins

eleveninches
The dino one was the best of those.
There are loads available from skin city.
I always use either a megatron one or a michalangelo skin (from TMNT)

eleveninches
sad for some reason I can't connect to UT2004 multiplayer online games. sad

I now just have to make do with the demo online games (CTF instagib is cool), and I've started to download LOADS of new maps, skins, mutators and game types.

eleveninches
Onslaught and assualt are the best game types, but recently I've been playing mostly instagib CTF/BR.

I now have about 100 models/skins and 46 onslaught maps. Still looking for more.

edwinian
That sucks that you can't connect at all..sorry bout that..is that normally a problem for you.

I have been doing instant action ALOT...I need to get going on my single player tournament for sure. In fact this afternoon seems like such a lovely time to do so that I just might have to take a little break and go play!!!

Anyone here download the new maps over at gamespot?? for XP only??? i need to take some time and do that as I am always a sucker for new stuff....

eleveninches
I was looking for some x-men skins, as a pack of comic book skins was released a while back, but marvel forced the sites to take them down.

greyboy
Who's heard about these WWII themed mods??? A friend told me that there were a couple available....but I have yet to see any....anyone seen or heard of this?

eleveninches
Onslaught might be the most fun game mode, but the ultimate test of a players skills lie in the instagib CTF/BR games.

eleveninches
now up to 55 onslaught maps.

eleveninches
210 maps altogether. smile

eleveninches
http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349801
has links to various UT2004 mods and sites to download them from.

There are links to a couple of WWII mods you should see if you scroll down the page.

greyboy
finally saw the WWII mods.....holy crap....sooo awesome!! apparently the vehicles will be remade to fit the theme too....so great...

queenie
yeah thats like totally awesome... losers

ha ha just kidding people i'll have to be aloser too cos i ****in love unreal tournament x x

eleveninches
do the WW2 mods actually work ??

I havn't downloaded them yet.

edwinian
thats super cool that they made WWII mods.. are they official or fan made? gotta check that out for sure.....later today in fact.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>