Green Lantern Vs. Green Lantern?!?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

[LP]
In case you didn't know, there is more than one Green Lantern. In Universe Sector 2814, the sector the Earth is in, there are five that DC has spun comics off of. They are Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, Guy Gardner, John Stweart, and Kyle Rayner. For more information, Hal Jordan was the first who was an air force pilot, became GL, eventually went insane and killed off all of the other GLs in the Universe and eventually became The Spectre for the JSA. Alan Scott is the old school looking GL from the JSA in the red shirt and the big green cape. Guy Gardner is the one you really don't hear much about, redish/orange hair, used to wear a green vest instead of a costume. John Stewart is the GL you see on the Justice League T.V. Show, which I think I bogus. And then Kyle Rayner is the current GL, who is recrating the Green Lantern Corps that Hal destroyed, if you read the comics, you'd know this. My question is, who is the best Green Lantern?

---

Viper
I prefer Stewart, partly becuase of the JL show and partly because I really don't like any of the others stick out tongue

Obviously
Hal was the most powerful and would take them all down. But I'm not a big fan of the Green Lanterns.

[LP]
Awesome. Anyone else care to debate about the Emrald Warrior?

---

juggernaut26
hal is the strongest if i'm not mistaken

LeAtHerRFace
which GL is the one in your sig?

[LP]
The one in my signature is Kyle Rayner. He is the present GL. I think he's pimp. Hell, for his average everyday person day, when he's not a superhero, he is a comic book artist. And it's awesome that he is trying to re-build the Green Lantern Corps, but thats just what I think.

---

LeAtHerRFace
He's ****en cool!. Thats why I voted for him right now. Thx.

WindDancer
I vote for Hal cuz he is the original "man without fear"

X-Menfan2003
Guy Gardner is a favourite of mine. I recently re-read 'The Death Of Superman' story and just rearlised how cool he really is. His 'hatred' towards Superman was great, and the way he presented himself in 'World Without A Superman' was great.

kal-el
You f*****g wot???!!!Everyone knows who the 'original' man without fear is - f****n DD! What are you saying??!!

WindDancer
Look again Hal Jordan is consider a fearless test pilot. DD is credited with the title of "man without fear". Hal Jordan is never call the "man without fear", and unlike other superheroes (non-mutant heroe like wolverine) he has never shown any fear.

kal-el
Fair enough. I can repect that

MaverickIce
Hal Jordan

[LP]
I love the GL talk, keep it coming. By the way, does anybody read the Green Lantern comics series. Issue #174 just came out today. Personally, I think this 5-Part Story Arc: Wanted, is awesome, but did anyone else see that one girl with the horns to be the traitor to GL, cause I sure as hell did.

---

norrin radd

wolverine8888
hey so if peopel ware yellow the ring are almost use less?the best green lantern was the one were the main green lantern gave the girl and this big purple dude a long with this little dude the rings to figth a rogue lantern and the little dude died after takign like every oen with him he was so cool deffently the best lantern

[LP]
Wolverine888, I don't recall of the Green Lantern you speak of, but as for you Norrin. THe color yellow USED to be a weakness to Green Lanterns. Kyle Rayner on the other hand, upgraded his ring, by putting all of the power of the central battery into it. Not only is it not vulnerable to yellow anymore, it also doesn't need to be recharged every 24 hours.

Futhermore, for anyone who reads the comic books, how'd you all feel about the 5-Part 'Wanted' arch, that ended with the double-sized issue #175. I thought it was awesome, and I'd like to hear other's comments.

---

norrin radd

wolverine8888
he died right in the comci he got the ring he was the man but he died saving the planet and all the green alntern who were on it

[LP]
I'm not saying the whole yellow thing wasn't really stupid, 'cause i think it was retarted. I'm just saying that it is no more.

---

norrin radd
yes i know what you mean, i just was saying finally they changed that, because green lantern is a very cool character.

DarkCrawler
Hal Jordan. Do you know that he is the new Spectre? He is the most powerful Green Lantern of them all. http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/images/hal-spectre.gif

DarkCrawler
Hal is the best: cool
http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/images/Spectre_Hal.gif

eleveninches
If Hal killed all of the other lanterns and the guardiuans, then how did kyle get annointed as the new green lantern, and what happened to the rings of the dead lanterns??

DemonicGambit-2
I'm going with Hal, I mean after he got his Spectre powers he can't be beat. But if it's Kyle with his Ion powers, then I would probably vote for him.

[LP]
I know that when all of the other green lanterns were destroyed, there rings were destroyed along with them, and after all of this occured, Hal became the Spectre, and realized what he had done, he passed on the title to Kyle, along with the soul remaining ring.

Mainstream
Kyle more creative than Hal. That alone makes him the best!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.