Jedi Outcast trailer at lucasarts.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
I HIGHLY recommend all Star Wars game fans check out this trailer.

Looks like the lightsabre fighting in it will put all previous Star Wars games utterly to shame.

LanceWindu
I checked it out earlier today and it is awesome.

ToMacco
The Jedi battles looked cool. Why don't they just make a game where you're a Jedi and you go around whoppin ass?

LanceWindu
Maybe even have a create-a-jedi feature to where you make whoever you want from scratch.

ToMacco
See Lance? If we were in business together, we'd make billions, because we have the pulse on the regular man. We know what they all want.

LanceWindu
If I had the know how and the money we could make a business making these types of games. We could make the best damn RP video game featuring SW characters.

yerssot
I hope they don't overdo it!

Ushgarak
Eccept that Bioware are way ahead of you two, in the creation of Knights of the Old Republic, of course.

Don't worry, yerss; Lightning aside I think Raven have it about right.

yerssot
I don't think it's walljumping, it's more wallwalking

LanceWindu
Like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon?

I saw in some stills of this game you can do the Force Lightning from your hands. Does this mean that the character you are is evil?

yerssot
lightning isn't totally evil, I think

LanceWindu
Well we are meant to assume it is, cause you may have to release the dark side within to harness enough power to control it.

yerssot
and you can start with: OB1 killed Maul, so he is now also evil

LanceWindu
So it's like an alternate SW universe?

Ushgarak
Ok, there has been a BIG talk about this in the Outcast forums. Here is the position

1. In Single player mode, Kyle's moral position is tenuous; he can go good or bad.

2. In multi-player mode, powers will be split into Light and Dark. While this is not an accurate reprensentation of how the Force works, Raven felt it worked better game-play wise to have it split (and asked for permission from Lucasarts to do so). So in multi-player, only the Dark Side guys can use Lightning.

LanceWindu
Ah, I would probably be a dark player to use the awesome power of the Force to it's near full potential.

yerssot
well, that's only in multi (I don't play that many multi anymore) so I can get it and still be light stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I think you'll find piddling around with Lightning in single player is likely to put you down the evil path, yerss.

Besids, if any power in Star Wars could be said to be Dark Side only, it's the Ligntnming.

BTW, while you choose your powers in multi-player you don;t in single player. No-one is 100% sure how the advancment works in singe-player but it is something to do with Kyle getting better with the powers you use more often (sabre skill is counted as a Force power). Like I say, we don't know the details.

yerssot
So choking is ok? wink

LanceWindu
That would be fun to do to your enemies too.

Julie
I only need my lightsaber......but a few chokes and a little lightning never hurt to add a little flavor to a fight smile

Ushgarak
Choking wouldn't be something that a Light Sider COULDN'T do, yerss, just he WOULDN'T torture someone to death.

Lightning, however, he may be actively unABLE to do.

Julie
Couldn't , wouldn't, shouldn't.....being a lightsider is tough sad

yerssot
not even a Dark Jedi?

Julie
Dark Jedi are ok, but who wants to be evil?????
BTW that trailer is really nice!

yerssot
why????
choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke choke

queeq
Love the trailer. Mesa liken dis and I want it NOWWWWWWWW!

yerssot
Who's the most whining? Luke with the powerconverters or Queeq with the trailer wink

Julie
Luke

Ushgarak
By a long, long way...

yerssot
then Luke can really whine!

Captain REX
Luke by a longshot.

Ushgarak
There is actually a second JO trailer available now; but only for those with the latest issue of PC Gamer UK.

yerssot
and I hope you have it and can put it online...

Ushgarak
Not at 90 megs, no.

Bad quality for 90 megs, actually, but cool stuff in it.

yerssot
well, you can always put it on your hard drive and sent it too me...

You DID zipped it, I take?

Julie
Why don't you just buy the game when it comes out????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.