Juggernaut V Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kal-el
I think this would be an absolute barn-stormer! I don't think they've fought before but correct me if I'm wrong. Juggernaut can't be hurt and Thor has cracked adamantium with that crazy hammer.WHO WINS?

juggernaut26
look at my name then take a wild guess who i voted for

SuperNova
Juggernaut would mop the floor with thor.

kal-el
I cant believe I'm the only one who voted Thor. He's A God Damn it!

LeAtHerRFace
Jugg-Head wud destroy him.

HockeyHorror
im not a fanatic of comic books but this is such a stupid poll...its obvious that Thor would win. He is a GOD dammit.

Viper
Ultimately Thor would win, although he'd have to throw Juggernaut into another dimension or something. In a physical battle they're both pretty much indestructable.

juggernaut26
yea juggernaut is unhurtable (sp?)

HockeyHorror
unhurtable? i doubt that. he can feel pain.

juggernaut26
well now he can now that freakin idiot old tom sapped his energy but the old juggernaut couldn't be hurt

godfather
Now this is one hell of a match, but I would have to give it to thor, not cus he would kill juggernaut but just cus with one hit with his hammer he could hit him to the other side of the galaxy and if juggernaut could get back to earth he would just hit him again, and thor is a lot stronger than juggernaut, hes got cosmic power.

Irish Wolverine
I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Juggernaut whupped Thor really badly, not sure though

The Batman
Thor may be a god (damn it) but the old Juggernaut had the powers of a god as well. Cyttorak didn't have a fancy hammer and flying prowess, but his power made Juggernaut invincible, which may be more than Thor is.
I doubt Thor is significantly stronger than Juggernaut used to be. He is a better fighter, though, and has more tricks.
The thing about Thor hitting the Juggernaut into another galaxy is, he has to hit Juggernaut before he gains any forward momentum. Once the Juggernaut begins moving in any direction, he cannot be stopped. That was one thing that was extremely cool about him.
Thor is a better warrior. This fight is tough.

tkitna
I cant see either of them winning hands down. First, theres no way Thor can knock Juggernaut into another galaxy. He isnt that strong. He might be able to open another dimension or something screwy like that in which he could knock Juggy into, but that doubtful. Marko without his Juggernaut armor almost killed the Hulk in an issue at one time. They were in the jungle but the Hulk was holding back because he didnt realize Marko was the Juggernaut. Regardless, Juggernauts pretty bad. Thor would probably win because he would find someway to knock juggernauts helmet off and then he would go from there. This is the comic book way you know.

eleveninches
Juggernaught might be unstoppable, but adamantium is also thought to be indestructable, but thor managed to break it.

Thor is a GOD!!!!

He would easily kick juggys ass

Linkalicious
Thor would spank Juggy with that hammer. I'm willing to bet if they went toe-to-toe....Thor could in fact hurt Juggernaut. He's not invulnerable...he's NEAR invulnerable.

The Batman
The old Juggernaut only needed his helmet to protect him from psychics. Shatterstar of X-Force shoved a sword through his eye and into his brain, and all it did was make him go nutty for a few minutes. The old Juggernaut's healing abilities are on par with the Hulk, and he surpasses the Hulk in sheer survival ability since he doesn't actually need food, water (or beer, in his case) or air.

Adamantium is "virtually indestructible," and there are two types. A good chunk of "true adamantium" would not be dented much by mjolnir (or however those crazy gods spell it). Type 2 adamantium can be destroyed by enough force, and that's the kind Thor mangled. True adamantium can withstand nuclear explosions. Captain America's shield is a combination of true adamantium and Wakandian vibranium. Class dismissed, and make sure to turn in your metallurgy essays to me no later than tomorrow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

As it is now, Juggernaut has little or no chance at beating Thor in a battle. His good ol' buddy Tom made sure of that. I like the changes in Juggernaut mainly because I like him working with the X-Men, and I realize that he needs to be more vulnerable if he's going to believably be with the heroes. Juggernaut could not go toe to toe with the Hulk in his condition, and therefore couldn't take Thor either.

Magee
Yes, on saying that. If juggernaut managed to knock Mijhonr or watever that hammers called out of Thors hands and keep it out for 60 seconds, due to Odins 60 second rule on the hammer. Thor would revert back to that crappy scientist guy (i think he's a scientist anyway lol).

kal-el
Imagine my dismay when I sat my first chemistry class. We were asked to name an element from the periodic table, and I said Adamantium! Of course, even if it existed it is no element, it is an alloy(so therefore how the hell can it be indestructable by the way?!). Anyway, the teacher and the whole class laughed at me! b*stards!

Magee
lol

kal-el
I'm glad you dragged up my excellent poll. Good fight eh? I can't call it at all. They'd be fighting for years!

Never
LoL...Thor. In...like, a curbstomp.

Thor is also way stronger than many think...and he can also further augment his strength.

The Thor naysayers are also forgetting several things - namely, his God Strike/Godly Essence Blast? Ask Jormungand what it is cool

Warrior Madness (think of Wolvie's Zerker rage)? During which his strength increases 10 fold?

You all have also forgotten about the nullifying abilities of Mjolnir? He has already used it to disconnect Jugs from the Gem, rendering him...harmless.

*BLOW!* Juggernaut launched into the stratosphere...

Deus_ex_Machina
id say thor, tho prefer juggy as a character

FrothByte
thor. he has more abilities at his disposal. and he is a god

JuggernautFan
ok, i love thor. but i love juggernaut more. so i'll give my 2 cents. both in the past have shown to be more powerful than the other. BUT thors only victory was when he negated the mystical energy that powers cain marko. but previously to that juggernaut easily took everything thor threw with ease. thor has on several occasions hurled his hammer as hard as he could at juggernaut (using it as a projectile) and it simply bounced off. he has even at times hit juggernaut with mjolnir in hand as hard as he could and it did nothing to him. true juggernaut (not the one currently appearing in uncanny xmen) is completely physically invulnerable. thor would have to deploy another means of attack and or retaliation to win a battle against one such as juggernaut. such as teleport him to another dimension. physically, a long drawn out battle only favors juggernaut as even thor's stamina and durability have limits.

JuggernautFan
oh as for those of you who say thor will use his godforce. when he channels all of his power into mjolnir. which then joins with mjolnirs own power and is released as one of the single most devastating forces in the universe to down juggernaut. IT ALREADY HAPPENED. juggernaut took it without feeling a thing. do you people own these comics????????????????????????????

norrin radd

tkitna
Nice! Obviously, I dont have the book, but i'd like to read it.

Irish Wolverine
I tried to post a link that shows Juggernaut taking Thor's godforce but it wouldn't let me. Juggernaut has defeated Thor before. The Hulk beat Juggernaut when he was War Hulk

norrin radd
thanks

who?-kid
This is a fight that could go on and on and on and on...

I vote for Thor though, for some simple reasons : he is smarter, is a better fighter, has more experience, possesses one of the most dangerous weapons on earth, is roughly as strong as Juggernaut and is certainly faster.

But don't kill me Juggernaut fans stick out tongue , because I'm not certain about all this !! Juggernaut could also win. Thor is smarter, but Juggie is no idiot either.

Difficult fight. Let me know who wins this one smile

JuggernautFan
usually though, even though thor is smarter, his battle plan is smash the F**k out of whatever is in front of him. although his versatility has gave him a win vs juggernaut before. but juggernaut has shown to be much more powerful rather than vice versa. war hulk soundly defeated juggernaut. although he took everything without a scratch. war hulk had 2 universes worth of energy he could call on, on command. with simple thought it went coarsing through his veins. juggernaut too has soundly defeated the hulk. but he did it in street clothes, which left hulk wondering "who is this" and thinking he was a normal human. which should have been apparent after he was sent flying through trees on the first page. literally through trees. can't really say it was the smart hulk now can we???

Irish Wolverine
Yeah I would love to see the old Juggernaut fight the Hulk we saw who broke open Onslaught's armor. And a full fight too, not one that ends in a draw. It'd have to be a full issue at least

Never
List the issue please? His Godly Essence Blast destroyed Jormungand (something Juggernaut could NEVER do), cracked the armor of a Celestial (something Juggernaut could NEVER do), driven away Galactus (something Juggernaut could NEVER do), and knocked down the omnipotent God Zella (see above).

That being said, Juggernaut WAS at one point considered the one individual who could absorb the most punishment.

Thor has fought Hulk, Juggy, Jormungand, Hela, Ego, Thanos, Gladiator. His enemies, amongst others, are The Absorbing Man, Loki, Kurse, Mangog, The Destroyer, The Enchanters, The Dark Gods, Fenris, Surtur, Ymir, The World Serpent, and The Godeater.

Classical Juggernaut would have been more interesting (regardless, Mjolnir + Nullyfying ability = dead Juggernaut). Present day Juggernaut gets owned, and badly.

And don't mention King Thor.

JuggernautFan
so by telling me to list issue numbers, are you doubting what i say??? i'll give you an issue number, because it's all true. here it is for you. Thor #412. thor as a last ditch effort unleashed his godforce upon juggernaut to try and down him. when he did, it did the impossible and pushed juggernaut backward (although it did no damage what so ever). but upon juggernaut trying to regain forward momentum, the less absolute environment around them collapsed. as juggernaut then fell into the hole that was created the new warriors quicly filled it with steel girders and melted them down to entrap juggernaut. but to thier surprise "Mouths suddenly grow dry with disbelief! Eyes buldge with wonder! And noble hearts abruptly hammer with the fury of raging pile drivers as a being whose power defies mere description suddenly frees himself from a mountain of debris with a seemingly effortless shrug!"

-narrator describes Thor and the New Warriors' reaction to The Juggernaut emerging from their attacks

JuggernautFan
also, just because thor has fought them means nothing in the list of people that you provided "never". the destroyer and mangog both have treated thor like he was nothing. literally. they mow over him then move on to new business.

Wynndar
wasnt juggy being augmented by loki in that fight where he was unharmed by the godforce?

FrothByte
yah, i kinda remember that at one point of time loki helped out juggy so he could defeat thor. was it this issue?

juggernaut may be almost unstoppable, but i don't think he can really do anything to thor to really stop thor either.

JuggernautFan
NO, he was freed by loki. i think you are mistaken, when silver surfer was augmented by loki, silver surfer didn't know it. juggernaut was at his original level of power. nice try pal.

FrothByte
juggyfan, may i ask your opinion on how you think juggernaut would be able to beat thor. up until now, all you've stated is how thor wouldn't be able to defeat juggy. i agree that mangog owns thor though.

JuggernautFan
sure, by beating him seneless. it's more complicated than that however. just read the issues where they do fight. thor get's knocked unconscious in fight one (although a wave of nausea hits him). the second fight he has the added might of the new warriors, which juggernaut shruggs off all thier efforts. juggernaut is by no means as fast or as skilled as thor, but, you have to look at the big picture. thor has a durability, and stamina limit. juggernaut does not. eventually thor will be to fatigued or hurt to continue.

Irish Wolverine
Guys, they've fought. Thor gets his ass kicked in Thor 411-412

norrin radd

DarkCrawler
Thor VS Juggernaut:

http://www.myfreewallpapers.com/comics/wallpapers/thor-vs-juggernaut.jpg

DarkCrawler
Thor VS Juggernaut:
http://users.ev1.net/~peanut/thor-429.jpg

DarkCrawler
Thor VS Juggernaut:http://images.google.fi/images?q=tbn:OMBxO7r-QXAJ:leaderslair.crosswinds.net/lightningcrashes/thor2-017pic1.gif

FrothByte
It should be noted however that thor was sick during this fight. Im part of the college boxing team and i would like to point out that even a cold could seriously dampen a person's fighting prowess. thor was suffering from a mysterious nausea or something if i recall right. i would have liked to see them fight when thor was at maximum strength.

kal-el
youbox eh frothbyte?what weight are you?i used to at light-heavy and will start again when I start in the police, in two weeks.They naccomodate good sportsman when you're in the police.

JuggernautFan
as for thor being sick, yes he was sick in 411, the bout of nausea had since passed in thor 412. he also had the new warriors at his side. so do not be fooled by the trickery one states without stating all the facts.

Maelstrom
I didn't read all the posts only the first page, but Thor fought Juggernaut and beat him down and left him on an astroid. Thor is strong damn it. I wonder what kind of deoterent theses guys use. It's gotta have adamantium in it.

Never
Hope this is no attempt at a slight to Thor considering VENOM downed Juggernaut.

The Destroyer would stomp Juggernaut, by the way.

Juggernaut's list of "feats" pales in comparison to Thor's.

Juggernaut is NOT superior to Thor. All things being equal, even CLASSIC Juggernaut is NOT Thor's equal. In a straight out head-to-head not many will be Juggernaut's equal (by the way, Juggernaut absorbing his GEB is as funny as Wolverine slashing open Silver Surfer's body) - however, Thor is far far FAR more versatile than Juggernaut and has eleventy bazillion (okay, maybe 10) different ways to dispatch him.

I wish to read the issue myself.

JuggernautFan
please do read the issues. thors is more versatile. you are posting against me and you havnt even read the issues? i don't know how many times i will have to say this. juggernaut was never downed by venom. this is here-say information on your part. please collect the issues you post about. but back to the point, even though thor is more versatile when he tried to fight juggernaut, he was basically swatted around. every time he landed a blow it set him up for juggernauts own hits. thor was damaged (even if it was farely insignificatn) where juggernaut wasn't harmed what so ever. the only victory thor has over juggernaut is where he negated most of the mystical energy from reaching cain. but even that wasn't enough as cain still put him on his back even though he lacked his full strength and or durability. even when thors assault was over (from mjolnir returning to his hand) juggernaut healed almost instantly as soon as the magic reached him again. thor can win, but in the past juggernaut has shown himself to be thor's superior. this is based on multiple fights. not just one.

venom again *sigh*, - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Neptune/7060/vs_Venom.html

Never
"heresay."

You post a picture/link from issue #1 (from a Juggernaut fansite - what a surprise!). What happened in issue #3?

Will say again: classic Juggernaut vs. Thor is a better matchup. Current Juggernaut gets stomped.

King Thor stomps either.

Juggernaut healing instantly? What is this mess?

No, Juggernaut can absorb more damage. Juggernaut is in no way whatsoever Thor's superior in versatility, fighting ability, or strength.

And before you harp on the last tidbit, Thor lifted Jormungand...the EARTH groaned under The Midgard Serpent's weight.

I do not understand - you admitted that Mjolnir can negate the Gem (and Mjolnir by itself is more versatile than anything Jugs can do), so what are we debating?

FrothByte
lightweight. im a pretty small guy, bit average for a filipino.

kal-el
You're like tne next Pacqaio then? He IS Phillipino isn't he?He whooped MArco Barerra's ass so that says hoe good he is!GO get 'em Froth man!

Wynndar
I agree with Never....also does anyone else know that Juggy has limits to his strength...he can take more punishment than most any other earth bound character...but as far as his strength goes, he cannot lift as much as Thor

norrin radd

FrothByte
tnx kalel, you too man. Pacqaio's good. im no where near that level.

FrothByte
it doesn't matter whether he had the new warriors at his side. they are like 5 year old kids compared to thor and juggernaut. Thor at his full strength is still a lot more formidable than a sick thor with the new warriors.

JuggernautFan
but you people keep comparing thor saying he is so much more powerful. then why hasn't he since negated the mystical energies again? even when he did. cain was still powerful enough to down thor. thor vol. 2 #17. thor was fighting juggernaut, and juggernaut was intent on being somewhere else. he wasn't even trying. yet still thor's efforts were litterally next to nothing. so i don't understand what you want to know. do you own any thor vs. issues? oh and as for the new warriors, yes they aren't very powerful, but they do exploit juggernauts limited tension span. which should heavily lean the odds in thors favor. but it didn't. never what are you talking about in issue "#3"????

i can sum up all the fights if you would like me too. but it isn't going to prove anything, you people will still have your opinions and i my own. current juggernaut would get his ass whooped by thor, true juggernaut (before onslaught) would more than likely win against thor, and king thor, could pretty much do whatever he wanted to, to juggernaut provided he learned how to use odin's power on top of his own.

JuggernautFan
plus i said, thor wasn't sick at all in thor #412, plus he had new warriors. so it was thor at full strength with new warriors vs. juggernaut.

SuperDarryl
Thor vs. Juggernaut?

Well the way I would make the match is by first comparing their abiltiy's.
Then if I were writing the story then I would rightfully decide the winner.

Thor...
Thor basically kicks but with his hammer. If Thor was seperated from his hammer and had to fight Juggernaut hand to hand he would probably lose. Pretty sure he may lose. Although a toe-to-toe match with thor with his hammer. Thats a fight I'd like to see with them both at full strength. Now I say this for a few reasons. first reason is that Thors hammer is enchanted, so it's powered by magic. What protection does Juggernaut have against magic? I know that Juggernaut has raw power and is one of the best villans. but thor with his hammer could do some damage to Juggernaut, if in fact he threw his(enchanted)hammer at Juggernaut and knocked off his helmet. And we all know that thors hammer always returns. Then thor could beat himsensless with no helmet. Or, he could use the hammers powers of storm, wind, rain, thunder, and lightning, and continiously strike Juggernaut with lighting, 100,000volts repeatedly over and over again. Cause bad weather over Juggernaut escalating it to worse, and throw him around with superwinds, or even suck him up with a Tornado and toss him into the ocean into a whirpool and spin him infinitly. The point I'am trying to make is that maybe Juggernaut is unstoppable, seems to be his slogan, but he's not unbeatable. In my opnion weighing the powers of each character profile. I would have to pick your truly Thor! I know that I'am gonna get blasted for this but, hey lets debate it, bring it!
smile confused mad

JuggernautFan
yea it all sounds good. problem is last time spiderman tried to fry juggernaut he didn't feel it. last time thor tried to electrocute him, he told him to do it again because it tickled. thor has on several occasions hit mjolnir (thrown and in his hand) which didn't do anything to juggernaut. except jar him. even sometimes it doesn't even do that. i don't know how many times i have heard "once he knocks the helmet off" or "as soon as the helmet comes off" CRAP. the helmet only has 1 purpose. it protects him from psionics. that's it. if it comes off, or if it stays on, in a battle with thor it makes no difference. none. zip. zero. do you people understand this. just because the hammer itself is chanted doesn't mean it strikes with enchanted blows. it only has whatever force thor lends to it with his own strength. which juggernaut would prove immune too.

Never
Dunno about that. Thor's Godly Essence Blast has nothing to do with his strength.

JuggernautFan
but even though the "godly essence blast" has nothing to do with his strength it still wouldn't help him in his fight with juggernaut. he has already used it on him. it didn't do anything except hault his forward progress. which the ground collapsed under the pressure, before juggernaut could gain momentum. i was simply saying, it's no different than you and i going out with a regular hammer or throwing it, or hitting something with it with our own strength. only on a much grander scale. do you understand what im saying here?

Never
What? You MUST be referencing old Juggernaut - and that was the only "enchanted blow" that I was referencing.

Current Juggernaut would be smeared all over the concrete if he tried to walk through Thor's GEB.

JuggernautFan
yes this is true. but current cain marko no longer possesses the power that the original juggernaut had. so you are comparing thor to a near human level character??? i always am referencing to the old juggernaut. the new one is less than spectacular. if you catch my drift.

SuperDarryl
Dude Thor has superhuman strength and a magically enchanted hammer, how is it that the writers never had Thor knock of Juggernauts helmet with his hammer then began to strike Juggernaut numerous times in his head and knock him out or strike him with lighting without his helmet? Nevermind the helmet knocking off thing since your crying about that. I like the Tornado battle, Thor could summon a Tornado with his hammer and suck up Juggernaut and throw him into orbit. What about that?

JuggernautFan
well, it wouldn't do any good. it would simply delay the fight longer. thor usually retreats to a similar method at the end of all thier fights and teleports juggernaut away. can't dispute that. but i'm telling you, in the past thor has destroyed the helmet completely. but that doesn't do anything. it isn't there to protect him from physical force. only telepathic assault. i think you are too hard headed to understand that. it wouldn't be any different if he struck him with lightning with or without the helmet. man get it through your head. removing juggernaut's helmet would be like removing a belt loop off of thor. it wouldn't make him any less powerful, or susceptable to damage anymore. hopefully you understand after that. if you don't you are helpless.

Fanboy
Thor would win because just like he did with the Hulk he can match that brute strength and I would think that hammer gives him the advantage and uh Thor has so much cool fighting skills that are really good and yeah Thor can win darnit.

kgkg
Originally posted by Fanboy
Thor would win because just like he did with the Hulk he can match that brute strength and I would think that hammer gives him the advantage and uh Thor has so much cool fighting skills that are really good and yeah Thor can win darnit.
Hey should but...

black robb
Thor could maybe use his magic to negate Juggy's...it could happen

long pig
No, Black robb, it couldnt.

Thor wins by ringout or something like that.

If it was a fight till one died or was K.O'd or beat so badly the other couldnt fight anymore. Jug wins 10/10.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
No, Black robb, it couldnt.

Thor wins by ringout or something like that.

If it was a fight till one died or was K.O'd or beat so badly the other couldnt fight anymore. Jug wins 10/10.
Yep.

Bring Odin for a fist fight please.

But thor will win , because he is the Thunder God , son of Odin.

outarddwarf
Current juggs losses classic kicks his ass to death. On two occations the classic juggernaut has wiped the floor with thor. Thor is nothing to juggernaut.

cherry cola
in the thor #412 thor used his hammer to cancel out the protective field and fought the juggernaut. he would have K.O. ed Cain but the field came back up. So Thor teleported Juggs to stop his rule ofthe alien land they were on.

juggernaut66666
thor was beaten by juggernaut 3 times haven't you read those comic?

roughrider
Any fight with Juggernaut is always about Cyttrok. Whether Thor can surpass the power of such, and get around Cain's personal force field. I have only seen Cain using his shield to knock away mjolnir, and Thor hammering on him with no effect. Thor is no telepath, and I would like to think if he gets above the influence of Cyttrok, he wins. But haven't seen evidence of it in the past, unless someone has scans.

grey fox
Juggernaut trashes thor , end of story.

DigiMark007
This has happened at least a couple times (both were "classic" versions of their characters) Once, Thor gets whupped. Another time, he's able to temporarily block Juggs' magical power source by having his hammer circle around the area they were fighting in and blocking the magical input to Juggs. He seems to be winning, but then his hammer has to come back to him (after a minute or so) and Juggs returns to form and is the better of the two.

I've seen scans of both fights floating around the forums, though I can't reproduce them myself.

Thor's obviously a LOT more versatile with his powers, and could probably beat some people that Juggs couldn't, but he's probably overmatches here.

juggernaut66666
but juggs beat him with ease

yugotank
Based on facts,power and skill levels.....Thor.......with PIS.Juggs

DigiMark007
Originally posted by yugotank
Based on facts,power and skill levels.....Thor.......with PIS.Juggs

Wow Yah, a bumped thread that I don't have to close. Congrats!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Priest
Thor has shown that e can remove the force field of thE juggernaut. he wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.