Prequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aerosin
who thinks there should be a prequel to kill bill that shows what happened before they broke up?

JKozzy
yes They're such intricate movies, there definetly should be more on the subject besides the two volumes.

Aerosin
yes jkozzy, ur right, ur so f*cking smart....god i wish i could be more like you...
nucking futs....

JKozzy
big grin I try, Aerosin wink

amlap
wow... but um i disagree with the prequel idea. i think quentin should def leave this alone and get his hands into other challeneges. maybe come back to it later

Samas-adian
Yah, but i have a feeling QT will not do one. I like how he does orginal movies and not sequels. It somewhat calming because it seems that every second movie or movies news is about a sequel or prequel or third sequel.

amlap
yeah i really want to see him stick his hands into some new genres. his is said to be a "genius" of films, and he has seen so many movies and has alot to say bout them... well i want to see him put his talent where his mouth is. although im not saying reservoir dogs and pulp fiction are not classics, but the gangster thing is getting old, jackie brown is hte example of taking it too far. kill bill was refreshing new look that rocked ass, so while hes got the ball moving, he should keep the new stuff going.

Samas-adian
Yeah, he should go to like horror, war, comedy (well pulp fiction was funny). Jackie Brown i thought was excellent, it might be somewhat a gangster movie (not that much), but it was still good. Somewhat underrated but not as good as Pulp Fictionl.

amlap
i really want to see him adapt a book... because i want to read the book he adapts and then watch waht he came up with

Samas-adian
Well hes done Jackie Brown that was adapted from an Elmore Leonard novel. (done the Big Bounce and Get Shorty and alot more).

In an interview, he thought that QT spin from the novel was good and really enjoyed the film.
In the novel, i think there was a completly different lead character

amlap
this is news to me... see i read two biographys on quentin but both of them ended after pulp fiction... sos ome of my knowledge is back in 1996... thats coo lto know

Samas-adian
Yah, Jackie Brown was suppose to be white. Quentin made the movie to be like the blaxplotation movies from the 70's.

amlap
hahaha dman that quentin

mook
i want original films - no prequels or spin offs etc

JKozzy
I know what you mean.... QT is awesome thoughbig grin

Aerosin
well, u all suck

amlap
eek!

Samas-adian
Yep we do,

JKozzy
laughing out loud

Dogbert
It is funny how that one statement ruined the whole point of this thread....

amlap
shameful no

JKozzy
Anyhew. Prequal. Yup. Anyone actually agree with Aerosin that there should be one?

amlap
nope... its time for quentin to move on to bigger better things

Stewie is God
ahhhh im so xited to read at imdb.com that QT is planning an animated prequel to Kill Bill and a possible movie in 15 years about Vivica A. Fox's character's daughter who sees the murder of her mother at the hand of Uma Thurman....here's the article...

"Maverick director Quentin Tarantino is planning an animated prequel to his Kill Bill movies - to show the early life of the deadly assassin. The film will be drawn in the Japanese manga style already seen in Kill Bill Volume 1 and will focus on the three men - pimp Estebian Vihaio and martial arts masters Hattori Hanzo and Pei Mai - who turned Bill into a ruthless killer. The Oscar-winning writer and director will write and produce the film. Tarantino has also speculated that he could return to Kill Bill's world in 15 years time to follow the daughter of a character killed in the first film. The popular filmmaker - who took five years off after directing Jackie Brown to return to the screen with the violent revenge saga - is next set to direct a segment of Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's comic book adaptation Sin City."

-imdb.com

im soooo xited....i hope Qt goes through with everything written in the article. and 10 days till UMA THURMAN KILLS BILL...."revenge is a platter best served cold"

killthesunlight
thats really cool

Myth
Next set to direct Sin City? Isn't he doing Inglorious Bastards next?

Samas-adian
Well from Stewie is God reply, he is directing a segment...so not the whole movie.

WindDancer
An animated prequel sounds good! The early stories of the DIVAS. Makes me want to know more! Tremendous good idea! smile

Myth
Oops, I missed the segment part. Anyway, I'm not a big Manga/Anime guy so I hope that he doesn't do the movie and spends the time on live action movies.

killthesunlight
i'm not a big anime guy either but its Tarantino, and he is one of my idols so that'll probably be the only one I like... its oh so sad that i'm hearing myself say that.

JKozzy
bunny eek! See! It wasn't a dumb idea after all! A prequal is going to happen! Shame to all of you that bashed Aerosin!!!! no

Fire
sounds cool

WildIrishRose
Everything says that "Inglorious Bastards" will be his next one, but with Q who knows? smile Then there's always those pesky Vega Brothers rumors floating around... stick out tongue

Myth
Its Tarantino so I'll watch it and it will probably be good, but I'd prefer to see him spend his time making live action.

Stewie is God
yea i wasnt that crazy bout the animation scences in Volume 1....but he can do w/e he puts his mind to....and i'll see it no matter what.

Samas-adian
I thought that scene was good....it was different...and he could of done almost anything during that scene without getting a NC-17 rating.

Myth
I liked the scene in Volume 1. It was so neat that they had that right in the middle of the movie. But I would have been disappointed if the whole movie was done like that.

Fire
hehe

whatshisface
the sbc-yahoo homepage news says he's planning on a 3rd kill bill...

JKozzy
There's been a prequal thread since beginning of February... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f70/t28378.html

And again, a prequal would be great to expand upon the whole premise of the two Kill Bill movies already out yes

The Unknown
From the previews, it appears that they'll be showing flashbacks and stuff to show what happened.

JKozzy
And QT will be making a prequel, and/or a Kill Bill Vol3, eventually. Vol2 is out though, and can't wait to see it big grin

Myth
He may make a prequel or sequel but there is no "will be" about it. Stop stating things as facts if they aren't.

JKozzy
I'm simply stating the facts that came straight out of his mouth at an interview with him. Chill

Aerosin
i just got off bansishment, and u all bashed me!!! SO HAHA!!! I WAS RIGHT, U WERE WRONG!!!!

Myth
What are you talking about?

Aerosin
um, jkozzy....i dont think there should be a prequel, i just thot about it....whenever someone makes a prequel or sequel....IT BLOWS, and ruins the whole series......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.