Blackadder- the best British sitcom ever!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sugar Kane
God I love this show! Blackadder has to be the most consistently funny sitcom this country has ever produced. Every series is a masterpiece...who would have thought Ben Elton would have had something to do with it?!

Rowan Atkinson, when given the right material, is a comic genius- every time I revisit this, I am so glad I did. It's such a shame that he is now making shit like Bean and Johnny English...I wish that someone would right something that is worthy of his talents, I hate to see it go to waste.

Opinions please...and favourite moments to be discussed...

Any other fans out there?

Blackadder info...

Ahnold
I agree - it's a hilarious show! Especially the third season, I thought: full of classic lines!

Pitt: "I'll get my brother to run against you!"
Blackadder: "And which Pitt would this be? Pitt The Toddler? Pitt The Foetus? Pitt The Gleam In The Milkman's Eye?"

laughing out loud

BOPRecruit 16
i saw an episode of blackadder last friday during a brit lit class. it was "corporal punishment" from black adder IV: blackadder goes forth. loved it. got it on dvd now, the ww1. interested in getting the whole series. rowan is so funnie! also, loved how everyone treated and talked to that guy called "darling". laughing

MornGlory
I like the show on Ceebeebies called Come Outside - and THe Blue Cow, On Story Makers

BOPRecruit 16
i would like to see that one that takes place in the middle ages. also, borrick was great. slow and smelly, but nevertheless cool. he really can't cook! laughing

matchbox
blackadder II ws my fave. blackadder doesnt get half the credit it deserves for been a great comedy!

BOPRecruit 16
what's the theme in blackadder II?

MornGlory
LOVE JAIME OLIVER

or is it oliver jaime

BOPRecruit 16
Sugar Kane: Here is another link to site that has detailed information about the entire series - Blackadder Hall

T.M
i love this sitcom but none of my friends do for some strange reason don't know if it the best sitcom ever cause you got only fool and horse's, father ted, steptoe and son and many more but its deffinatly up there with the best

ChickinMeat
i really love black adder, but some of my friends didnt like it because its not "historically correct", wtf?

BOPRecruit 16
omfg! eek! it's a comedy! it's not supposed to be! messed

roundisfunny
It's hard to choose, but I'd say Blackadder II is my fave. I'm always a little let down by the final episode of "Goes Forth" though...it got too serious. I would much rather they had made Edmund, George and Baldrick escape unscathed (and have Gen. Melchitt fumble his way into the front lines, maybe with Captain Darling driving).

BOPRecruit 16
well, the creator said that they had to end the series somehow.

ChickinMeat
yea i know! you tell them that, bloody history students! big grin

no offense intended to any historians out there! stick out tongue

BOPRecruit 16
when it comes to comedy, people like that shoud learn not to take things so literal...

T.M
i have a cunning plan big grinlaughing out loud

BOPRecruit 16
what are the other themes in the other volumes of blackadder? volume four is world war one and the others...blink

Reborn Again
One of the best anyway. Fawlty Towers comes before it in my top 10.

BOPRecruit 16
faulty towers is the medival one?

ChickinMeat
nooooo man, fawtly towers is a completely different series, its an excellent show!

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1246637.jpg

Reborn Again
Fawlty Towers is a completely different Britcom.

There are 5 seasons of Black Adder: Dark Ages, Medieval Ages, Romanticism Age (Golden Age), World War 1, and Present Day.

The last series is when Blackaddar and Baldric go back in time and alter their futures: they kill the dinosaurs, kill Robinhood, and alter the battle at Waterloo. Blackadder also punches out Willaim Shakespeare for all the plays future generations will have to endure... in the end Blackadder become King of England.

But the second series is by far the funniest.

dean7879
ofah is the best british sitcom

frodo34x
"What are you doing?"
"Carving my name into a bullet"
"Why?"
"Well, you know how they say theres a bullet with your name on it... Well I've got mine just here "

ladygrim
i like the second series wit queennie ....

thats quite weird i had a chat bout blakadder wit my mum lst nite

04wayne
Blackadder is stupid petit comedy. Only Fools and Horses whupps it anyday.

evil_made_flesh
im a huge fan of blackadder every series was pure brilliance my all time favorite episodes are:
series 1- the witch smeller pursuivent
series 2- head
series 2- beer
series 3- amy and amyabilty
series 3- nob and nobility
series 4- private plane
series 4- goodbyeeeeee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.