Whats your favourite Coen Bros movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jamief90
Whats your favourite Coen Bros movie?

I'll put my vote down for The Hudsucker Proxy (probably the only one)

Cinemaddiction
I think "Fargo" is HIGHLY, HIGHLY overrated, but "O' Brother" is great.

amity75
Raising Arizona makes me laugh out loud from beginning to end and not too many things can do that to me.

Drac39
O Brother

roundisfunny
1. Raising Arizona
2. Fargo
3. Hudsucker Proxy
4. Miller's Crossing
5. The Big Lebowski
6. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
7. the Man Who Wasn't There
8. Barton Fink
9. Blood Simple

Never saw "Intolerable Cruelty", but from what I've heard, it barely qualifies as a Coen bros. movie.

I also thought "Crimewave" was a highly enjoyable Coen brothers film, though that doesn't officially count (since Sam Raimi directed it).

thorC
Never saw "Intolerable Cruelty", but from what I've heard, it barely qualifies as a Coen bros. movie.

i have seen that movie. i agree with you. My Fav is Fargo. i have seen it like mmm 12 times i guess.

badkittykitty
I just watched "Intolerable Cruelty" last night..I set myself up for it being so terrible that I liked it laughing out loud
The Big Lebowski is my favorite though/ o brother is in a close second 'cause I watch them both over and over again

Jamief90
8 Posts 4 Votes! Please vote in the poll!

Holcomb
Big Lebowski is my favorite.

I'm looking forward to the ladykillers too.

mah
What are you guys on about .. Intolerable Cruelty has received much acclaim and is brilliant.

Corlindel
I like Barton Fink and Miller's Crossing.

evildeadjunkie
Hmmm.. Three way tie I love the old fashionedness and quality of Millers Crossing

Blood Simple is just plain cool.

Big Lebowski is one of the few comedies I can watch over and over.

Cinemaddiction
"Critical" acclaim, right? See, critics are worthless. I saw it last night, and thought it was decent. Catherine Zeta Jones' character got stale real fast..and story kept repeating itself over and over. The last 3/4 are what redeemed it.

Good date movie.

roundisfunny
It just seems to me like Clooney and Zeta are too popular to be Coen stars. The bros. should stick to the B-list with more talented bohemians like Buscemi.

Billybobbed
Fargo is a classic, and O Brother was great...

Can't wait to see Ladykillers!!

Ou Be Low hoo
I love all the Coen Brothers' movies, but my favourite is 'The Big Lebowski'. It has to be the funniest and most charming movie they have done.

I've been very disappointed with their most recent out-puts...'Intolerable Cruelty' was so-so, but 'The Ladykillers' was a stinking pile of shit, compared to their earlier back-catelogue...let's hope they regain their previous form...

baracustastic
Has to be Lebowski.

Am I wrong? Am I wrong? AM I WRONG?

bakerboy
I cant choose between Fargo, the great Lebowsky and the movie with Gabriel Bryne and Albert Finney that i cant remember the name. The Coen brothers are great filmakers.

papabeard
intolerable cruelty is a travesty, i lost a lot of respect for the coens after they chose to work with zeta jones.

media_slayer
The Big Lebowski has to be my favorite movie of all time.

Ou Be Low hoo
I felt inclined to feel the same way, but I wait and hope in a return to form...Although, people like Wes Anderson seem to have stolen a little of the Coens' thunder in the quirky, weird category...

Wolfie
The Big Lebowski. The scene where John Goodman bashes the car is priceless!

Jedi Priestess
Raising Arizona!!!!!!!! eek!

"Give me back that baby you warthog from hell!!"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I was thinking recently. Then, I started thinking about what ever happened to the Coen Brothers? They've made some great movies, but their recent out-put hasn't been a patch on their previous gold.

Here's my list:

The Big Lebowski - Greatest movie of all time, in my book.
Miller's Crossing - one of the best gangster movies of all time.
Blood Simple - Bloody excellent.
Fargo - funny, funny, funny.
O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Homer's Odyssey twisted and cool.
The Man Who Wasn't There - pitch perfect.
The Hudsucker Proxy - warped madness.
Barton Fink - Goodman gold.
Rasing Arizona - all good apart from Holly Hunter. I can't stand her voice.
Intolerable Cruelty - some classic Coen moments, but generally only OK.
The Ladykillers - I'm sorry. This is a pile of shit.

Anyway, I hope their next venture ('Hail Caesar') marks a return to form. They're in need of it...

Peace out, men and women.

Jarshewa
i think holly hunters voice is cute

Ya Krunk'd Floo
That's nice. Go have a wank, and then tell me how you feel.

Dusty
laughing

I love all Coen movies. Even, the Lady killers.

Impediment
Raising Arizona, by far.

MildPossession
Fargo for me, it's the first film I saw by the Coen Brothers that got me to notice their work, and so far none of their films have come close for me. Well The Big Lebowski got there nearly. smile Lots of excellent films.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.