City of Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blissbo
Has anyone heard anything on this game? Supposedly its a massive on-line rpg game (like Everquest) where you can make your own Superhero, fight villains and gain levels and new powers like flying and super strength. I don't know when it is coming out but it sounds fun.

Jedi Shmedi
I just reserved my copy at EB Games.

As of now, it's coming out in early April so I hope it's worth the wait.

Here is some of what I know:

The Good: You can team up with others and fight together.
You can have or be a side-kick
Yes, it is an mmorpg

The Bad: The developers decided that they would not have capes as an option when customising your hero.
You can't play as a super-villian-expansion pack anyone?
You can't drive vehicles-yet again, the developers are planning an expansion pack for vehicles.

Also, in a later-coming expansion pack you will also be able to create your own layers, hideouts, or "fortresses of solitudes".

Hope that helps you out.

sandman26
it will be it looks so good i'm gonna reserve my own as soon as i can

sandman26
here check out the website at www.cityofheroes.com

gambit88
here are some pics

gambit88
another

gambit88
a third oh and these are basically of the character creation screens

gambit88
oh and to jedi shmedi why would ya want to drive a vehicle when you can fly, run at super speed, teleport, and superleap from place to place big grin

gambit88
and last character creation screen this one is for the tanker

gambit88
here's a pic of atlas park i hope it works

gambit88
and another remember these are just scenary i'll get to the action shots in a minute

gambit88
and the last one for now of atlas park big grin

gambit88
alright now some action photos big grin

gambit88
and again

gambit88
guess what wink another

gambit88
dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn stick out tongue

gambit88
and again big grin

gambit88
and again stick out tongue

gambit88
again big grin

gambit88
this one i especially like and it gives hope for all the wolverine fans out there cool

gambit88
and another big grin this is the last one for now i'll pick up later big grin

VengeanceGOD
Cool pics. The game looks really exciting!

gambit88
its supposed to be its live action fast paced you choose from 5 different archetypes scrapper, blaster, defender, tanker, and controller. Then you choose how you came by your powers your origins mutant, technology, science, magic, or natural. Then you build your costume from scratch as far as i know it has one of the biggest character viewers ever but that's just what i think (not sure) so i'm waiting very impatiently

gambit88
and another pic big grin this shows a fight in progress if you look carefully you can see a guy teleporting

The Unknown
I'm probably going to get it. They're eventually going to have expansion packs where you can be villains and have lairs.

The Unknown
Which one is teleporting? Is it the thing that was hit by the laser?

SaTsuJiN
well you also get the option to play as a hero who solely relies on gizmos to battle evil.... like batman.. he cant exactly fly so he also has a plethora of vehicles at the ready should the need arise

gambit88
well if you look in the right corner next to the guy in blue and white you can see an sorta orange haze or mist then look at the guy farthest to the left i think that where he was is the haze and where he's jumping through the hole is where he pops up but that's just a guess stick out tongue

gambit88
ummm i don't think so the developers didn't put vehicles in the game maybe in the first expansion but not yet ya see this is how it works when you make your character you pick the archetype and origin then ya make the costume then you fight evil up to level six i believe after that you get to choose from the power pool it has several different things in there like super speed, flying, invisibilty, medicine, teleporting, and leaping (there are others that i can't remember) that's where you pick your transportation pretty much

but here's another aspect your character can be defined by the origin such as the cosumes if you pick a man/woman who relies on technology you can make there character more cyber looking with different costume parts designed especially for techonolgy but then again they don't get different color skins and such like the mutant would smile

so really all that was just to say you can't get vehicles yet sad (sorry i get carried away when its a game i like stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
Umm.. yeah read the website.. they cant make a game about heroes and then not include the people like bruce wayne, or cyclops types who cant "Leap tall buildings in a single bound" .. not all heroes are like that

if the entire game consists of everyone who can jump mad high or fly.. then its a stupid waste of time and money, cuz then noone relies on anyone besides themselves... thus there is no need to make it multiplayer

gambit88
i have read the website (several times) there aren't vehicles and its definitly not a waste there are thousands of people just waiting for it to come out and its not very wellknown yet so as soon as it comes out its going to be HUGE big grin

SaTsuJiN
so why is it necessary to band with other people? it cant be that hard if you can do everything by yourself messed

gambit88
because these gangs are gigantic it kinda works this way also

-thug- you can mow em down, eat em for lunch , smash their little heads
-lieutenant(sp?)- at normal levels they can be a match for a normal level super hero
-boss- on of these bad boys can take several heroes to conquor there strong and mean

then there are different type levels of course

-city zone- this is a relativly safe place
-hazard zone- a single hero on a high level can come in here to practice and fight without having to completly join a team also no citizen can live here (they are basically training zones)
-trial zones- in these no sane hero let alone a citizen will go into to far without a team by his side to help him battle evil
-elder zones- these havn't exactly been officialy placed on the website et but this kind of zone is made for enormous teams that even when they are in this mass it can take several hours to conquor one

The Unknown
The game comes out on April 28.

gambit88
yep and i'm dyin for it like ya wouldn't believe but i got the preorder disc so i have a chance of gettin into the beta later

The Unknown
Yeah, I got it the preorder disc today. Haven't looked at it yet, though.

gambit88
oh ya should the trailer is pretty cool and you get some good screen shots and the pre order guys should get in somewhere in mid march so the rumor goes

SaTsuJiN
I would recommend everyone waits til the price drops and they fixxed all the bugs with the initial release

gambit88
well they have been doing beta tests for awhile they had some at the beggining but the beta testers we've talked to have said that there's about no bugs at all they had some small lagging in heavily populated areas of the city but nothing serious the day they let the pre order guys in will be the ultimate stress test

The Unknown
Gambit88, which power did you get?

gambit88
i havn't gotten into the beta yet i should get in around mid march but i'm planning on this

name: Goldwing or Razorwing
alias: still dunno
height: 6'2"
weight: 190 lbs
eye color: silver
hair color: black
origin type: natural
archetype: scrapper
powerpool: flying
powerset 1: broadsword
powerset 2: i'm still dediding
weaknesses: i'll hafta wait and see

personality: used to be held in until wife and children were murdered now dark and can relclusive when asked about family but very outgoing otherwise

origin: Silverwing used to be a humble orinthologist with a wife and three children. Until one day he was driving home from work and heard on the radio his neighborhood was being attacked by the dreaded gang freakshow. Speeding home as fast as he could he got there just in time to see his wife and children murdered in front of his eyes. Filled with rage and took a piece of pipe and sprang at the murderers. Remarkably he beat back the three of them only to be stopped by the police from killing them. Tearing his body into shape he used the habits and instincts of the winged creatures he loved to create a new fighting style. Donning the garb of Silverwing he swore to do whatever was in his power to protect the innocent people of paragon city.

well there he is so far i'm only going to have one character

gambit88
there he is but i'm gonna make other characters also you can have up to 8 characters per disc i believe but that was my resume for teams i got a couple offers but i decided to go solo for awhile

The Unknown
I have a character, but I'm not posting it so no one can steal it.

gambit88
i know what ya mean my first character was going to be silverwing but someone stole it and got me freakin ticked off

gambit88

VENOMfan
If i do get this game I have a cool name im almost positive I will have first choice of yousing. but costume reserve? shouldnt you be able to create yer own?

gambit88
you do you create your costume all these facts are about when you get in the beta and when the game will launch

actually this game has one of the biggest costume creation systems EVER

VENOMfan
that sounds good,.....hate to sound all unimformed but this is for PC right? and will there be a monthly cost?

gambit88
yep pc and yep there will be a cost it will probably be 15$ a month

G.A.mbit_DDR
plz water all da way! Blue eyes, hair, skin, etc...and of course can control any liquid and can create water yet ya no they never have stuff like this

VENOMfan
i still havent even figuerd out witch origin im gonna go with, let alone power! lol

gambit88
well you can have 8 characters per server so it doesn't matter to much though your origins don't matter much except for costumes while your archetype decides what your character can have power wise i'm gonna have my main character a natural/scrapper and i still havn't decided if i'm gonna make a tanker yet

VENOMfan
well the big guys only seem fun if you can make a genuine hulk or juggernuat type guy. I mean not the actual hulk but somebody with at least similar strength. or it would be rad if you could have the "unstopable" thing like Juggy

but 8 server's. like 8 people at a time?

The Unknown
One of the powers is invulnerability.

G.A.mbit_DDR
now like if u make a water hero (like me smile ) can u ahve like electricity and lightning make him stronger like add some shock to his pwr?

gambit88
well ya see that's one of the fun things about it if you make a huge man like that you can make him anything still like he doesn't have to be a juggernaut like that he could be a blaster or a scrapper or even a defender stick out tongue

and gambitddr check out the website at www.cityofheroes.com and sorry but there is no water power set there is electricity, fire, storm summoning, claws like wolverines, ice powers, gravity powers to just name a couple trust me when i say that there are a WHOLE lot more

VENOMfan
holy crap there are a lot of powers...................

have you seen the screen's with the bubble text sorta like straight out of a comic? im not sure if they were edited but it would be great if thats how you actually communicate

G.A.mbit_DDR
i new it they never have wat i like sad

gambit88
well that is how its gonna work with talkin yea its almost just like a comic book cool did you see that from ign.com that's where i saw that but yea there are alot of powers (no capes though) but there isn't a pvp system either but that is coming in the first update

yea i know hat you mean ddr i wanted to be a elemental man too sorta a hydro man or sandman but they couldn't have everything sad

BUT they have teleporting it seems they followed the xmen most of all i mean wolverine claws then teleporting and ice powers and storm summoning and super speed i mean that's alot of the xmen

G.A.mbit_DDR
yeah xactly i mean i cant do an elemental cept 4 borin usual fire and ice...so i might just make an xmen person like jean grey or something

G.A.mbit_DDR
too bad we cant make Gambit lol

gambit88
your tellin me there isn't a charging power either i was hopin for that so bad

anyway when you guys get in the game look for Goldwing

The Unknown
With your characters, you can't have any relation to the X-Men or other superheroes or characters. Copyrighted.

G.A.mbit_DDR
i no i mean i wont do it xactly i mean i wont make a grl as my main hero cuz...yeah then itd b kinda wierd...i no bout all that copwrighte shit n stuff

BackFire
It looks interesting. Though there are other MMORPG's that I'm more excited over.

gambit88
really? i'm lookin forward to this one more than any game this year and hopefully it will keep me interested for a long time

G.A.mbit_DDR
how does this happen i9 mean...u g2 beat the villans and thats it i mean w/ thousands in the game its gonna b too crowded unless they do ares like eastern central west etc...but still if the games beaten in like lets say 5 mothes and some1 just buys it wat happens does it restart or wat?

gambit88
oh no your lookin at it wrong all together you see there are guys called npc's who pretty much make the game up as they go along so one day another rikti invasion will hit and the next a giant man eating monster attacks the city ya see its a game that never ends

G.A.mbit_DDR
ooo...but wat happns if the ppl dont keep it goin then wat i mean they cant keep makin things happen w/o anything repeatin

The Unknown
It's their jobs to come up with new stuff...

VENOMfan
lol we should make a spoof of the LXG, maybe make a group and call it the KMC crew

gambit88
thats an idea though if we all get the same serever we should look each other up but the people who do that stuff the npc guys they don't just stop out of nowhere they keep going they they have them for around the clock times

G.A.mbit_DDR
i get the whole thing bout they will make the new stuff i mean...eventually they'll run out of things to make happen i mean sure they can have the Rikiti invade mayb like 10 times but i mean if they do it constantly it will get boring eventually they'll run outta new ideas

G.A.mbit_DDR
it shows i hjave sig in profile hbut it dont show up...

G.A.mbit_DDR
k got it smile

The Force
wow this game sounds tight, they should make a X-men game like that yes

gambit88
its weird though it seems they modeled it after the xmen i mean the claws and the weather control and the telekinetics and the healing its pretty close

whatcha mean there is endless possibilities they can make a new supervillain anytime they want and if that isn't enough stuff to get you interested your hero can get a cameo in their nationwide published comic book i mean how much cooler can you get you make a hero and he gets a chance to be in a nation wide comic book rock eek!

black robb
I wish i could buy this game but sadly i have no money...sad

City of Villains is gonna be way better though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.