palpatine and the clones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tainted one
here is just a small thought, some of you who are more versed in the expanded universe and books can help me out on this one. Palpatine clones himself at some point in the books (i don't know where) and then is killed again or even a few times and finally by han solo as he tries to inhabit the body of young anakin solo.

how many times could palpatine have done this in the past? could he have been around for a really long time training sith apprentices and biding his time?

or, is cloning something that was just recently developed and used in the eagerly anticipated clone wars?

Nim Nom
Who on earth (or in a Galaxy far, far away smile is Anakin Solo?

Dim
Anakin Solo is Han and Leia's youngest and most force gifted child...(did you really need to know or were you being sarastic?-sorry, I couldn't tell smile )...

It's possible that he's being cloning himself for a millinia but I'm to really sure. (I don't know too much EU)..I think we need to find out more about the cloning process before we can really speculation on that. If Lucas show's the dawn of cloning technology in EP2 then it's out of the question. smile

Xantos Clone
Dim, that's why I was speculating palpy having already cloning himself....he may have already started the process in EP I and we see that the emperor and palpatine are two seperate persons....

ya never know man!!!!

"I WILL CALL HIM..........MINI ME......"

"FIRE THE LASER"!!!!

Dim
It's a possiblity XC...I don't think it will happen that way but you never now...I guess we have to just keep it in mind.

King Jedi
I don't think this will happen for the same reasons that Anakin won't be cloned. Palpatine is a major character and Lucas is trying to show how Evil he is by manipulating the entire Galaxy. Cloning himself would make the character less effective especially when we get to ROTJ and the Emperors death. That's where the Emperor character should finish and if he was cloned before then it would take most of the meaning out of that scene.

Dim
Good point KJ...It does seem that a clone would dimish the potency of Palpatine's character..

King Jedi
And every other main character who has been mentioned as a possible clone.

Great Master Brit Hunt
Cloning the Emperor is a good idea because it means he could come back.

King Jedi
Come back where? He should die in ROTJ.

Darth Heinous
Warning this text contains spoilers!

Tom Veitch (who wrote Dark Empire 1,2, and 3) approached George Lucas with the idea of Emperor Palpatine (he wasn't known as Darth Sidious at the time) returning by transfering his spirit into the body of a clone. George Lucas really liked the idea. Transfer Life (see the Dark Empire Sourcebook) is a Sith Power. The Sith Lords have been known to "stay around for a while" after death. Markha Ragnos and Freedon Nadd did. Simus kept himself alive after being decapitated. Exar Kun "hung around for along time". Naga Sadow cloned himself and lived again until Freedon Nadd killed him for good (who was in turn killed off permanently by Exar Kun who got permanently destroyed by Luke's students). Darth Sidious/Palpatine does get killed off for good in Empire's End/Dark Empire 3(after Han shot in him back. Ha!) and his spirit is permanently banished to the Dark Side/Netherealm/Hell (or whatever you want to call it) when Brand prevents him from possessing Anakin Solo and dies with him.

Darth Daft
Well I just think that the only people who will be cloned in the films are the grand armies of stormtroopers. No one else.

King Jedi
That is the only people who should be cloned.

Dim
I agree with you two (KJ & DD) I'm not up for main characters being clones..atleast not characters we already know.

Darth Daft
I agree, it wouldn't be quite as bad with just new characters never seen before.

Dim
Agree..but you know..it really just depends on the story.

Darth Daft
Yeah I guess.....but still, no clones of Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine or whoever I hope.

Dim
Agreed.

Darth Daft
But then again, if Obi-Wan WERE to be cloned it may be one of the reasons why he changes his name to Ben. I'm not saying I want that to happen, but it's just a possibility I thought of.

King Jedi
I think his name was Ben Lars but he changed it when he became a Jedi to protect his family just like Padme did.

Darth Daft
I think that Lucasfilm have confirmed that Obi-Wan isn't meant to be Owen's brother or relation. It's just that many sourcebooks told us that.
Apparently a few books have been republished and have had any mention of Obi-Wan and Owen being brothers taken out from them.

King Jedi
Some books were released last years set before TPM and they say that Obi-Wan is Owens brother. We still need to know the truth.

Darth Daft
Oh yeah I heard that it's mentioned in one of those Jedi Knight books or something. Still, I'm hoping that they're not related at all.

Jedimaster3838
I kind of hope they are related, and Owen was jealous of OB1 because of his powers, thus explaining the rift between them. Most people do not know about them being brothers in the EU, so it would come as a surprise to a lot people. I don't think he is the son of Shmi, because "the Force is strong in my family...."-Luke to Leia in ROTJ, and if he were a Skywalker, he would have boat load of Force.

Darth Daft
Yes I agree with your last point, JM and the chances of Owen being the brother of Amidala are pretty slim too. I think Luke just calls him Uncle Owen, because it still shows that he is family, without implying that he is his foster father.
Still, I don't think Obi-Wan and Owen should be related. Even if they didn't like each other one bit, you'd think Obi-Wan would have given off some sort of reaction after finding out he was dead.

King Jedi
Luke didn't have much reaction when he found out Owen was dead. He was more upset when Obi-Wan died. And Leia wasn't that upset when Alderan was destroyed. What's up with these Skywalkers? Maybe they get that from their father.

Darth Daft
Yeah I know what you mean. Just the acting I guess. Still when Anakin died you could see tears running down Luke's face even though he hardly knew him. Strange.

King Jedi
Well it is the SKYWALKERS! There not exactly a normal family.smile

Darth Daft
Yeah and I guess you could have also said, "Well it's SCI-FI! Not everything has to be realistic!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.