The Force Bombshell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Another rumour is that there will be a major bombshell revealed about the force and the nature of it. Something to do with Qui-Gon not dissapearing. Any ideas? I still don't think that Qui-Gon was all that he seemed. Why was Anakin born? Why did the force make him?

Dim
I heard the idea that maybe Qui-Gon passes into Obi-Wan and their spirits share Obi-Wan (a walk-in so to speak). Maybe this could explain Obi-Wan's power to disappear before Vader cuts him down.

UnknownBountyHunter
I like that idea Dim! eek!

theEviljedi
Somewhere I heard when Qui Gon feels Obi Wan's face he passing himself into Obi Wan.

UnknownBountyHunter
These ideas are quite influential and I am gullable so I believe them.

Dim
I like the idea too..If you notice after Qui-Gon dies OB1 seems to be more rebellous and sober (if that's possible).

UnknownBountyHunter
Welllll, that might be contributed to his master dying.

Dim
I know I know...but it could also relate to the walk-in idea. He might act more like Qui-Gon now...He sure looks more like him.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well yeah, he's a master! smile

Jedi Mercenary
Lucas said this himself, he thinks it's a good idea to say that the dissapering thing is an ability, that some jedi have and some jedi don't.

UnknownBountyHunter
750 Posts!

And exactly what Jedi have and don't have it. Are there certain traits that they share??

Jedi Mercenary
Not all jedis have the same abilities,(Obviuosly) someone might have the power to turn one blind, another might have the power to levitate. It's all in what the medichlorians decide.

UnknownBountyHunter
Oh, okay.

Ratcat
Starting near the top somewhere the idea of passing the (force) spirit by touch, especially to the face, that would be such a bad one and here's why.

Anyone see Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan? That's exactly have Spock transferred his katra(sp) to Bones. Not only would the Scifi press pull it to bits but the Trek community would be wetting their pants that Star Wars "stole" that idea from their franchise.

If it hadn't been done twenty years ago in Trek it might be a good plot ploy, but if GL used it now it would just look like flagrant copy catting.

Dim
Nerve whammies and Nimroydians....I don't think GL's too worried about stealing from Star Trek.

The Maker
It will have something to do with why Anakin was born.

S.J.S

Dim
Where did you hear this?..

(and what are these initials you keep putting at the end of your responses, do they signify quotes or something?)

King Jedi
The Maker has a habit of saying things without backing them up. Some people think he is a liar, others like me don't want to say anything just incase he does know what he is talking about. Either way he is quite annoying. As for the origional topic I think the reason Anakin was born has to be explained. Why did the force create him?

DiEbyDaGuNZ
ya..when u ask him to do so..he'll move toanother topic

Xizor
They had best do a better job clearing things up with his birth in Ep2. The Mediclorians as God and Schmi as the virgin Mary idea was poor. I still don't like the passing into him idea, I want to se it revealed that something bad was done in the past involving Qui-Gon, and that coupeled with the fact that he wasn't prepared for death is why he didn't dissapear.

Dim
I want to understand the whole birth thing but I'm kind of worried that if they go into it more it's just going to come of cheesier than it is at this point...where it is now I can deal with it...I'm not excited by it but I can live with it...

As for the passing...I don't know...I still like the idea.

UnknownBountyHunter
M-E 2

King Jedi
The Midi-Chlorian thing was terrible. It took all the mystery away from the force. Maybe it was created to explain why some Jedi dissapear. Only Jedi with a lot of Midi-Chlorians can become one with the force when they die. Maybe Qui-Gon didn't have that many.

UnknownBountyHunter
No, because he sensed things before OB1, but OB1 became one with the force. Qui-Gon always seemed to get the strange feelings of disaster or something would happen before OB1 noticed anything.

King Jedi
That might have nothing to do with Midi-Chlorians. Jedi are good at different things and Qui-Gon was strong in the living force. Maybe that's why he could detect things that Obi-Wan couldn't.

Xizor
Mediclorians and passing into Ob1 are bad ideas. I think they have to explain it by showing just how important a Jedi has to be to dissapear. Also, they have to be ready to die, Qui-Gon wasn't. It wouldn't hurt if they commented on the dark happenings in Qui-Gon's past. A way to do this would be to show that C'Baoth was QG's master or that QG was Aurra Sing's master.

UnknownBountyHunter
Midichlorians are a good idea I think. Its like saying cells are a bad idea. They make a life. LIVE WITH IT!!! smile J.K guys say what you want.

Jedi Mercenary
Ki-Adi Mundi wanted to train Aurra Sing,but the council rejected her (common sense)

Dim
Where's that from? I never heard that before.

Jedi Mercenary
It was on the Off. site a while back. Plus it's in the comics.

King Jedi
I don't think the "ready to die" thing works as Anakin wasn't ready to die as he never expected Luke to stay on the good side.

UnknownBountyHunter
Mercs right smile Good job!

Great Master Brit Hunt
The bombshell will be Anakin turning. Nothing else.

Xantos Clone
bombshell = something we already know...? probobly not...GL is overdue for a shocker folks...

bombshell = wholy cow! I can't believe it! I did not see that comming!!!

King Jedi
Exactly. It has to be something big like the real reason Anakin was created.

Darth Daft
Anakin didn't disappear when he died either.
Basically we need to think what power or trait Obi-wan and Yoda had, which Qui-Gon and Anakin/Vader didn't.
Perhaps it has something to do with once being a member of the dark side. Maybe Qui-Gon was once a dark jedi but then turned back to the lightside, just like Vader did just before he died.

Jedimaster3838
Anakin did disapear when he died. In an interview Rick McCallum(SP?) said it was the Vader suit that was burnt. Think about it, Luke had a lot of trouble dragging Vader, from the throne room aboard the 2nd death star, but somehow made it to the shuttle rather quickly. Lucas said over and over again that the secret in disappearing is in the line "if you strike me down now, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Of course, that leaves a lot to the imagination.

Darth Daft
Oh riiiight, thanx for that info JediMaster. I always thought Anakin didn't disappear. Well perhaps it has something to do with Obi-Wan and Yoda knowing some special skill to return as a spirit to help Luke (did somebody mention that earlier?)

King Jedi
I have started to like the idea that they dissapear if they have fullfilled their destiny.
Anakin brought balance to the force.
Obi-Wan taught Luke and made up for his mistakes.
Yoda spent 900 years doing good so he deserved to become one with the force.

Darth Daft
Yeah, good point there. Perhaps Qui-Gon's was to train Anakin. He did seem very determined after all.

jedicapra
I think that it the jedi disappear when they accept death. Quigon was struck down in a battle, and did not intend to die. Yoda and Obi-wan both died willingly, and so did Anakin. Some of last words to Luke when Luke wanted to save Vader were "..you already have..". This implies that he was ready to die, and he accepted death. But that destiny thing is also really convincing.......

Darth Daft
Yes certainly. Each of those two theories are very possible and would make perfect sense.

King Jedi
Welcome Jedicapra. Have you been here before?

Darth Daft
Yes and are you a girl or a boy? JediCapra kind of reminds me of Cleopatra.

jedicapra
Yes, I'm brand new, I'm a female, and you should bow down to me like the queen that my name sounds like.

Darth Daft
Sure thing. You'll be happy to know that Dim and Gundark are also female.

jedicapra
thats nice, I'm glad Im not the only girl that's a star wars fan(which is what it usually seems like!).....rolling on floor laughing

Darth Daft
Yeah it's good to speak to some of the female fans out there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.