(spoilers)cliegg lars and c-3po

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando

bigsef2
i think we can chalk that one up to GL not wanting us to ask that question

Ratcat
No he doesn't

yerssot
Silly me, I always thought the guy in ANH was called OWEN Lars
Ow dear! What was I thinking! wink

ToMacco
"Mary. . . have. . . have you seen my baseball?"

jedi fernando

yerssot
They are NOT credited to Cliegg, mind you.

It's some where in the scene by scene of http://www.swmovies.net
but I can tell you this:
Padme covers 3PO

ToMacco
And then 3PO undresses Padme! smile rolling on floor laughing

finti
There are more than one C-3po looking unit in the galaxy

Ratcat
One, that card DOES NOT credit Cliegg with the coverings, besides the guy is hoverchair bound.

http://www.swmovies.net/episode-ii/scenebyscene/033-037/#033

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two, There are millions of protocol droids in the galaxy and Threepio looks very different in ANH to the way he looks in AOTC.

finti
yeah my point exacltly

Captain REX
Plus, C-3PO didn't remember Owen (Owen helped Padme cover him) because he had been brainwashed over the years.

Remember how C-3PO is blown apart by a Stormtrooper? The Dark Lord who instructs them built the droid, his underlings destroyed him, his son's friend's furball rebuilt him, his son owned him.

Ratcat
Yes, isn't it a wonderful coincidence.... roll eyes (sarcastic) Actually, no it isn't... All will be revealed.... laughing out loud

yerssot
The brainwash thing is just a theory, nothing official

jedi fernando
rat cat, cant you read?
the card clearly says cliegg put his coverings on. and the page you posted is from a theorical scene by scene, not the actual script.

yerssot
JK, one thing: EU (like does cards) have absolutly no power

Captain REX
It doesn't "clearly say" that Cliegg did the coverings. Owen Lars and Padme did it. Read the script somewhere and this wouldn't be a spoiler for you.

BTW, what does JK mean? Just Kidding?

Captain REX
Plus, Ratcat's Scene by Scene goes with the script. Go to www.aldera.net for the script. Match it with his Scene by Scene. Works out just as he typed it.

Ratcat

jedi fernando

finti
and our answere still stands : First there are thousands of 3-po units around
Second: 3-po shines of gold in ANH, he is kind of bronze metal looking in AOTC.
Third: how many droids do you think the Larse`s have used in the time between AOTC and ANH????

Ratcat
See, doing it again!!!! wink (Justing kidding BTW)

queeq
And yet, he had 3PO for quite a while. But thr real question is why 3PO dfidn't recognise Owen.... here's where the memory-erased theory comes along.

finti
and the part that Owen had aged.

queeq
Memory loss, eh? laughing out loud

Ratcat
Well, I'm itching to see Owen showing Threepio how to operate a binary load lifter......

finti
why do you dream of being a farmer? big grin laughing out loud

yerssot
well, if Owen heares 3PO's first task was with binary loadlifters... there should ring a bell!

Ratcat
Well that's kinda the point. But 22 years on, and with all the other excitement in the Galaxy, would Owen remember a detail like that.

I mean, at that point he's more worried about the welfare of Luke and protecting him from his destiny....

yerssot
"Well, if there's a bright center of the univers, you're on the planet that is farthest from"

"remote, poor, out of reach"

Well... nothing much going on Tatooine I think... perhaps the death of Jira?

jedi fernando
finally queeq understood myquestion

it doesnt matter if he is gold and the other old, or if there are millions of look-a-like protocol droids, i mean 3po can remember over 3 000 000 languages but he cant remember a face, dont think so, i believe in the brainwash some say happens.

yerssot
People change, faces change

Captain REX
Queeq understood it the whole time, but it isn't my place to say.

Julie
How many ways are there to phrase the question....Why can't 3PO remember (enter name here)?

yerssot
we don't know that and there are always ways to leave the "brainwash" out

Captain REX
Although, that would be most likely. Owen was going to have him brainwashed in the first place. Then R2 went missing, Luke and 3PO left, and the sandtroopers killed Owen and Beru. 3PO probably couldn't recognize him if he was up in flames on the ground. big grin

yerssot
"You there, I suppose you are programmed for etiquette and protocol?"

Guess who said that, Rex

Julie
should I tell...or let Capt figure it out......oh
"pick me! pick me!"

yerssot
errr... yes... miss Julie, do you know the answer?

Julie
I think it was Owen Lars........

yerssot
dingdingding!

good job!

so byebye Rex cool

Julie
Thank you!....thank you.

wink

Amidala
Owen knows about protocol droids but he is obviously dis interested in them so why would he remember a droid from 20 years ago. Owen doesnt strike me as being the observant type.

And as for the droids memories, owen does mention having their memories erased in ANH, maybe it is a common thing when droids change masters. Especially when you consider that they started to work for the rebellion, i would have had their memories erased - there are a lot of espionage droids. Maybe it is an insurance policy against being spied on.

I am still not sure that R2D2 has his memory erased though. C3PO must though, the name Skywalker would be remembered by him you would think.

yerssot
Holmes, you DO know that 3PO is SILVER in this episode and not GOLD in ANH?
Elementry you know

jedi fernando

yerssot
have you ever heared another 3PO unit talking?
It can be the exact same way, you know
Then it's impossible to know who is who

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.